• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Makuta returns?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Toa Sialo

Toa Sialo
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 60 posts

Posted Aug 18 2014 - 01:23 AM

Wow.

#82 Offline NatoGreavesy

NatoGreavesy
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 826 posts

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 05:20 AM

I'm fairly confident that Teridax is indeed dead, but I've been thinking of a possible scenario that may have facilitated his survival... 

We know from Journey's End that Makuta got all of the MU robot's sensors back online, right? Obviously those sensors would have detected the piece of planet flying towards his head, but Journey's End also tells us that he was too distracted by the death of all of his Rahkshi to actually pay any attention. What if the robot had a backup system that preserved the consciousness of the great spirit piloting it, so even if the head was destroyed, the spirit survived, and could take control once more once the robot was repaired? Even if Makuta didn't see the moon fragment coming, the robot's system (if such a system did indeed exist, I'm being completely hypothetical here) would have, and it may have taken over, saving him from imminent death. 

While I think this scenario is entirely plausible, I like to believe that Makuta is well and truly dead, once and for all.

He had his time, and that time is over. May he rest in peace, or in pieces, whichever makes you sleep better at night...

EDIT: Had another thought. I'd love to see an alternate universe where everything went pretty much exactly the same, except Teridax actually dodged the planet, and won the battle. Perhaps this Teridax then harnesses the power of an Olmak and sets off throughout the multiverse conquering all of the Bionicle AU's? That'd be a fun story. Plus, it would give us an excuse to stage yet another giant robot war.

Edited by NatoGreavesy, Aug 19 2014 - 05:28 AM.

Unity... Duty... Destiny... NatoGreavesy  :hehe-sign: 

Chronicles Of The Cold Hearted

My Ongoing Fanfic: Chronicles of the Cold Hearted - Now in its second season!

My BZPRPG Profiles: Natharius, Lash, Zaara, Reson, Dayeth, Minnorak, Kelz, Ryza, Mirra, Wisp, Panyk, Chavara, Onic, Draygon.

- The Outsiders -
BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation
PM myself or Requiem if you wish to join our ranks! 

#83 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,939 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 01:23 PM

Nato, Greg already confirmed he's dead. :)

Your idea has been suggested before, but the most likely place for that backup would be elsewhere in the head, since a giant robot without its head would not be able to operate anyways and probably would be way beyond likely repair. Any such backups would thus be likely to be destroyed same as the main processor was.

Others have suggested there still should have been a contingency design to back him up somewhere in the torso, but this is obviously hindsight talking; if we didn't know the head was destroyed in the story, would we think of this? The Great Beings wouldn't have known that in advance. They did think of many contingencies, but that should have a limit. Especially since they had very little time to complete the giant's design. Also, the Ignika actually was such a backup system (in the torso at that), and Makuta ejected that in order to move Mata Nui so he could take over, so the argument really would be that they should have a backup of the backup. And wouldn't Tren Krom have known about it and intervened to ensure the good guys destroyed any such backupbackup?

(Which could possibly have failed, except that Teridax could only focus in one place at a time; a simultaneous attack on a backup and the Core could have gotten the backup if it was swift and devastating enough. So I think had one existed, unless Teridax invented it himself, it would likely have been destroyed by the time of the end. And see my post in the character mistakes post about why Teridax would be unlikely to have time to do that.)

#84 Offline Yaldabaoth

Yaldabaoth
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,289 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 06:09 PM

Others have suggested there still should have been a contingency design to back him up somewhere in the torso, but this is obviously hindsight talking; if we didn't know the head was destroyed in the story, would we think of this? The Great Beings wouldn't have known that in advance. They did think of many contingencies, but that should have a limit. Especially since they had very little time to complete the giant's design. Also, the Ignika actually was such a backup system (in the torso at that), and Makuta ejected that in order to move Mata Nui so he could take over, so the argument really would be that they should have a backup of the backup. And wouldn't Tren Krom have known about it and intervened to ensure the good guys destroyed any such backupbackup?

(Which could possibly have failed, except that Teridax could only focus in one place at a time; a simultaneous attack on a backup and the Core could have gotten the backup if it was swift and devastating enough. So I think had one existed, unless Teridax invented it himself, it would likely have been destroyed by the time of the end. And see my post in the character mistakes post about why Teridax would be unlikely to have time to do that.)

Forget Tren Krom, he was going after the Core Processor. If worst had come to worst, Velika would likely have led the rebellion right where they needed to go.

You can claim non-interference all you like, but I doubt he'd have stood around twiddling his thumbs if it had come to that.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

-- Harlan Ellison

Short Stories:
DESCENDANT, starring Kraata-Kal and Makuta Teridax
AN EVEN EXCHANGE, starring the Makuta of Stelt
THE END OF THE BROTHERHOOD, starring Tobduk and Makuta Chirox

#85 Offline NatoGreavesy

NatoGreavesy
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 826 posts

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 11:06 PM

I do believe I've mentioned that I wanted Teridax to stay dead. And Greg can confirm whatever he wants, but as he's said before, he can't control what a future story team says or does. That said, I hope he's right about this. Teridax had his time, and it was certainly a good time, but it's done now.

The Makuta of Metru Nui died with his city. 

End. Of. Story.

Unity... Duty... Destiny... NatoGreavesy  :hehe-sign: 

Chronicles Of The Cold Hearted

My Ongoing Fanfic: Chronicles of the Cold Hearted - Now in its second season!

My BZPRPG Profiles: Natharius, Lash, Zaara, Reson, Dayeth, Minnorak, Kelz, Ryza, Mirra, Wisp, Panyk, Chavara, Onic, Draygon.

- The Outsiders -
BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation
PM myself or Requiem if you wish to join our ranks! 

#86 Offline toa kopaka4372

toa kopaka4372
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 06:26 AM

If Teridax comes back, I'll be very upset. He literally had the most appropriate death ever (crushed by destiny, which was the only Virtue of the three that he believed and followed in his life), and I'd hate to see that retconned.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7351

#87 Offline Ras

Ras
  • Members
  • Toa

• 189 posts

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 06:47 PM

"But with Makuta, you never know."

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users