• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Iron Tiger

BBCC #68

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Toa Kovolta

Toa Kovolta
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 750 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2014 - 10:37 AM

iron_tiger.jpg
>>Click here for better quality<<

Gallery (when available)

It's been a while since I've posted anything here, but I recently broke into my collection again, so I figured I would enter this contest. Decided to limit myself to black, orange and silver - and this was the result. It would probably look better if it was just black and orange, but I don't have enough orange pieces for that unfortunately.

Hope you like it! :)

Edited by Toa Kovolta, Jun 15 2014 - 12:52 PM.

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

#2 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 162 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2014 - 11:25 AM

Looks good. It would not look good without the silver though. Bichromatic mocs are very very very very very very very very very boring. I think even some more color would have been good.

My biggest criticism is the belly button. It's kinda weird, and I can tell it's just there for the color distribution; but something else coulda gone there methinks.

Good luck!

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png  76561198054169989.png

#3 Offline Toa Kovolta

Toa Kovolta
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 750 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2014 - 11:50 AM

You make a fair point. But I feel that bichromatic mocs can have a certain simplicity to them that works well. And it depends on the colours, but I try never to use more than three colours, as it can get fairly busy. Black, silver and grey, would probably be the only exceptions to this.

As for the "belly button" I was trying to go for something heartlight like. Looking at it now, I realize I probably should have had it facing outwards instead of inwards, and used translucent orange. Something to think of for next time.

Thanks!

Edited by Toa Kovolta, Jun 15 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#4 Offline Collector1

Collector1
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 279 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2014 - 01:58 PM

Nice and unique design. It reminds me of the 2007 Exo-Force set 8101: Claw Crusher.

#5 Offline Toa Kovolta

Toa Kovolta
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 750 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2014 - 02:14 PM

Thanks!

Oh wow! There is a bit of a similarity there, isn't there... It even uses the same pieces for the gun. XD
Kinda funny I guess.

Edited by Toa Kovolta, Jun 15 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#6 Offline Collector1

Collector1
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 279 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2014 - 02:18 PM

Thanks!

Oh wow! There is a bit of a similarity there, isn't there... It even uses the same pieces for the gun. XD
Kinda funny I guess.

No problem.  :D

#7 Offline Pranciblad

Pranciblad
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 41 posts

Posted Jun 15 2014 - 08:30 PM

You know, between the color scheme, legs, and pointy shoulders, this thing reminds me of an un-dork-ified Kek Powerizer. It's got me imagining some far-off alternate universe where Galidor wasn't lame. But yeah, cool MOC!

This space for rent...
Ok just kidding.

#8 Offline Toa Kovolta

Toa Kovolta
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 750 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2014 - 12:23 AM

Ha ha! That's certainly an interesting comparison! Not one I would have ever made, it's hard to imagine Galidor ever being cool.

Thanks!

#9 Offline Collector1

Collector1
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 279 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2014 - 02:35 PM

You know, between the color scheme, legs, and pointy shoulders, this thing reminds me of an un-dork-ified Kek Powerizer. It's got me imagining some far-off alternate universe where Galidor wasn't lame. But yeah, cool MOC!

A slight resemblance is there I have to admit. 

#10 Online Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Flying Force!

• 2,416 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 09:21 AM

Whenever it comes to MOCs, I always love it when people use pieces and a good color scheme for the build. 

I love your build AND color scheme! It looks sinister yet impresses me that I'll be protected. Not sure if that's what you were going for, but that's what I got. :P

Again, so good!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users