adaptive armour

I was thinking about the toa nuva's adaptive armour and i was wondering in the book the final battle when pohatu kopaka and lewa went into the swamp how come their armour didn't change. also when tahu became tahu mata again where did his armour go and what do the rest of the toa nuva look like now their on sphernus magna? its porbably already been answered somewhere but i would still like to know.

thanks

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

1) Pohatu/etc.'s armor was already in a "swamp-ready" form, but of course the real reason is there was no set form to show for it. But the story reason already works, so yeah (by contrast, Pohatu and Lewa's armor was not "piloting-flying-vehicles-ready", so when they hopped in those, the armor did change slightly).

2) It was stated that Tahu's Stars form is meant to be what a standard Toa (his original Toa Mata form) looks like with adaptive armor on (at least for a generic land-travel setting). That was the explanation used for why he looked different from his 2001 set even though it was said he was being turned back into what he was then. Of course, then the Mata Nui Saga artist(s?) went and confused everybody by showing his Stars form entering the canister long ago, but that was just "artistic license" due to the need to show the present year's set in that year's art. You're supposed to "reinterpret" that shape in your mind as the 2001 set.

3) Presumably the others look something like a Toa Nuva walking rather than flying, but who knows? It wasn't established because they didn't make sets for them at that time.

• Upvote 6

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I would presume that the Nuva are just in their normal Mata Nui forms, seeing as there isn't a need for special armour at the moment, although during the Battle of Bara Magna, their armour most likely would have changed to a desert/massive battle form, because the Adaptive Armour adapts to the enemies as well as the environment. (Take the Skyblasters for example)

VBWj75sh.png

I would just move it for you, but there are two Golden Kanohi topics open right now. Which one? :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Post moved. :) Carry on. :P