• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

adaptive armour

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Online boston100

boston100
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 311 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2014 - 02:52 PM

I was thinking about the toa nuva's adaptive armour and i was wondering in the book the final battle when pohatu kopaka and lewa went into the swamp how come their armour didn't change. also when tahu became tahu mata again where did his armour go and what do the rest of the toa nuva look like now their on sphernus magna? its porbably already been answered somewhere but i would still like to know.

thanks

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing. 

#2 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,627 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 16 2014 - 03:17 PM

1) Pohatu/etc.'s armor was already in a "swamp-ready" form, but of course the real reason is there was no set form to show for it. But the story reason already works, so yeah (by contrast, Pohatu and Lewa's armor was not "piloting-flying-vehicles-ready", so when they hopped in those, the armor did change slightly).

2) It was stated that Tahu's Stars form is meant to be what a standard Toa (his original Toa Mata form) looks like with adaptive armor on (at least for a generic land-travel setting). That was the explanation used for why he looked different from his 2001 set even though it was said he was being turned back into what he was then. Of course, then the Mata Nui Saga artist(s?) went and confused everybody by showing his Stars form entering the canister long ago, but that was just "artistic license" due to the need to show the present year's set in that year's art. You're supposed to "reinterpret" that shape in your mind as the 2001 set.

3) Presumably the others look something like a Toa Nuva walking rather than flying, but who knows? It wasn't established because they didn't make sets for them at that time.

#3 Offline Makuta Miras

Makuta Miras
  • Members
  • Toa

• 108 posts

Posted Jun 17 2014 - 11:05 AM

I would presume that the Nuva are just in their normal Mata Nui forms, seeing as there isn't a need for special armour at the moment, although during the Battle of Bara Magna, their armour most likely would have changed to a desert/massive battle form, because the Adaptive Armour adapts to the enemies as well as the environment. (Take the Skyblasters for example)

#BIONICLE 2015

#OMEGA TAHU

#DEATH TO HERO FACTORY

#I'VE RUN OUT OF THINGS TO USE AS

HASHTAGS

#4 Online Akavakaku

Akavakaku
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 259 posts

Posted Jun 17 2014 - 03:49 PM

Toa Nuva desert armor would have been awesome. Or better yet, a huge parts pack for each Toa that gives you a whole bunch of different adaptation options...

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) 

-Takuaka: Toa of Time

Marendar, the Legend of Spherus Magna: http://www.bzpower.c...-spherus-magna/

Get in the Robot entry: Kalmah's Conquest Exo http://www.bzpower.c...s-conquest-exo/

My BZRPG character: http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=668767

#5 Offline Toa Sialo

Toa Sialo
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 58 posts

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 04:44 AM

Nice!

#6 Offline Iron_Man5

Iron_Man5
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 436 posts

Posted Jun 24 2014 - 05:45 PM

I could be wrong, but did you mean to post that under one of the "golden kanohi" topics?

"I am Iron Man"

:i:  :a: :m:  :i: :r: :m_o: :n:  :m: :a: :n:

bannerbzp_by_tattorack-d7ht9tk.jpg

#7 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 295 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2014 - 06:07 PM

Uhhh yes...... yes I did :blink:

Mind telling me how the devil this happend? :blink: :blink: :blink:

deep_space_banner_by_tattorack-d7dqxbw.p

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

#8 Offline Iron_Man5

Iron_Man5
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 436 posts

Posted Jun 24 2014 - 06:15 PM

your guess is as good as mine... :notsure: oh well, easily fixed. :)

"I am Iron Man"

:i:  :a: :m:  :i: :r: :m_o: :n:  :m: :a: :n:

bannerbzp_by_tattorack-d7ht9tk.jpg

#9 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,627 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 24 2014 - 06:38 PM

I would just move it for you, but there are two Golden Kanohi topics open right now. Which one? :P

#10 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 295 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2014 - 06:47 PM

I would just move it for you, but there are two Golden Kanohi topics open right now. Which one? :P

The one started by Iron_Man5 ;)

http://www.bzpower.c...ask-properties/

Edited by Tattorack, Jun 24 2014 - 06:48 PM.

deep_space_banner_by_tattorack-d7dqxbw.p

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

#11 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,627 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 24 2014 - 09:19 PM

Post moved. :) Carry on. :P

#12 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 26 2014 - 07:56 AM

Speaking of the Adaptive Armours, what would happen if they activated in say, Metru Nui? How would the form suit their needs, or would they just stay in their base forms?

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users