sig.png

"The toys have died comics topic has staggerd, but what do the Bionicles Authors do now?" 

Before we begin, I'd like to thank Calvirik and Reznas for being the guys to get me back in to the comic biz. Especially Cal because, well, I'm going to to base a lot of the early comics off of his "style". It's not the most origional (nor the coolest) way to do things, but for now it'll keep me afloat. Let us begin:

Important update: New arc is coming. Guest stars are welcome

Episode 001: The elephant skeletons in the room.

Episode 002: Job well done.

Episode 003: Alas!

New Arc: "Seven Nation Whatever"

Episode 1: "Battlefield?"

Credits

Rahi Zaku for the RZ kit (and all the people who have contributed to it

Calvirik for any quotes and comic setup that I blatantly use that resemble his

Reznas for the comic help topic 

Edited by Sir Ptolemic Of Zyglak
  • Upvote 5

Okay two things:

1). I had no idea what your character was referring to at first.

2). It only makes slightly more sense after I barely noticed the blood stain on the box.

I don't think you accentuated the blood reference enough for me to get the...joke I guess...

I know that was real hard to read through, but I think it will be something important to pay attention to in the future when in the producing process of comic making. Remember, you're goal is to help the readers understand what your going for. In this case, its that the main character (i'm assuming) has dead bodies in that box as payment.

And now that I think about that, I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight. :wired:

• Upvote 1

Good to see you getting back into things, Ptol. I'm curious to see how this goes - the comics so far are interesting, and as usual filled with your amusingly morbid sense of humor. Here's to plenty more comics coming our way - Good luck!

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

I get credited? Really? D'awww. Thanks! :happy:

Anyway, besides the blatant copycat, Calvirick-style backgrounds, the comics are nice. Not much to say yet, but you seem to have your graphics worked out. The text was easy to read as well. Love the font! :D

-Rez

New comic!

Alas!

You thought the "Dead Authors" was just word play...

I apologize for the lack of shadows, I've been very tired the last two days so I guess I glossed over that part...hopefully it won't happen again though!

(for the life of me I can't remember if posting a new comic is an exemption to the double post rules still or not:/ )

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 1

New comic!

Alas!

I apologize for the lack of shadows, I've been very tired the last two days so I guess I glossed over that part...hopefully it won't happen again though!

(for the life of me I can't remember if posting a new comic is an exemption to the double post rules still or not:/ )

But I don't look beautiful in grey. :( I hope that the end of my comic making hiatus will turn that grey frown upside down (and green).

You can double post if you have any new content, which you do. :)

-Rez

New comic!

Alas!

Hold on here, is that a Shakespeare reference? What with you holding the skull like that?

New comic!

Alas!

But I don't look beautiful in grey. :( I hope that the end of my comic making hiatus will turn that grey frown upside down (and green).

You can double post if you have any new content, which you do. :)

-Rez

Oh, Reznas! I heard the sad news...

• Upvote 1

banner1.png

• 3 months later...

This is an interesting series.

It deals with morbid things that someone else once.. tried to do. To a much more.. horrific extent.

Kind of funny a series called "Dead Authors" made me remember him. Not in the dead sense. The fact that he's gone for other reasons.

Anyway.

An interesting series. It's short, it's dark. I like dark story stuff. I find it a much more enjoyable thing compared to comedy and such.

Sorry to hear about your backgrounds though. I'd suggest you save all that stuff to two devices at least. Hey, I even have two usbs and a backup hard drive for all my stuff.

lovewarconga2.png

• 2 months later...

Hold on to your bio mechanical butts, this'll be a bit personal and kind of long.Gosh I have had a very...interesting...last few months. First I said I'd resume Helios. That obviously hasn't happened. A day or so after that statement I went through a breakup, and while it has turned out to be very good for me to no longer be in that relationship (as it was stifling me, I wasn't really me, I was just someone trying to make a very selfish and vain person happy in the end...oops. Remember kids, it's important to take care of your own personal growth. Don't give up everything because someone else wants you to devote all your energy to THEIR aspirations. And when that goes to far that can be considered emotional abuse. It sucked but I'm free and far stronger and happier now).

That knocked me down for a good week of your standard post breakup sads but soon enough my friends in theatre talked me in to auditioning and I got into three plays. Turns out I'm pretty good at acting. I also then had to write a short story, create a fairly large poetry portfolio, and then later illustrate the portfolio for my creative writing class. The past three months have just completely absorbed what vast quantities of free time I have been used to in the past as well as draining my creativity reserves. I love to make stories, and I love the sprite comic medium. However, with performances coming up at the end of this month and then auditions for the spring play, combined with my last semester of highschool and then graduation as well as now working at our towns community theatre on and off (and maybe even auditioning there)...it's more than I've ever done at once. And it is awesome. I really would love to either resume Dead Authors (because I like my odd sense of humor) or start the next chapter of Helios, but I have very little time and energy to expend on this. However, I will still try to add, well, anything to this topic. Most likely random comics in the Dead Author theme. Maybe Helios, although I also wish to actually write a story I've had in mind for a while. In the past I've occasionally alluded to having anxiety and depression at times, and while I don't have the problem I once had when I first joined this forum, I do still have occasional moments of, just not goodness. While my newest creative outlet is acting, comic making will always hold a special place in my heart and soul. It has been a very bumpy ride, but I've been egged along by a mix of friends and readers who stayed loyal even despite several bad runs and restarts, and what small gems I did provide. Art, in its many forms, particularly comics, short stories, poetry and acting have all been great helps in dealing with my issues.

I'd like to thank everyone who's ever read my stuff and especially those who took time to leave a remark or two (even more to those who offered advice). It's been a good time, but I can only make comics when I enjoy making them, otherwise it becomes a chore as soe many before me have said. I hope to still give you guys an occasional laugh or slight smile before September arrives (in which case I will be gone for two years for a church mission and then college after that). These could very well be the last few months that I have time to be on BZP. Here's to new years, new beginnings, and new stories.

-Much love and appreciation, Logan.

• Upvote 3

wait wait wait another Logan COMEON HOW MANY PPL HAVE MY NAME ON THIS SITE???? Well Good luck were ever the wind blows you Always enjoyed your comics and i'll come back when u get back. hmm that sounded alot less creepy in my head

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

I've enjoyed working with several of you in the past (regardless of success) and any societies we may have formed (regardless of how long they lasted). I truly do not wish to give up comic making for good, ever if possible. So maybe a rainy day or two will pass and I'll think of something morbidly cute (is that even possible?) or humorous or what have you. I can no longer make claims of comic revitalizing because I risk burning out very very quickly and not being able to deliver. I don't want anyone to have very high expectations or hopes, but I don't want to move on with this great adventure we call life without popping in now and then to find out that everyone thinks I'm dead or something ridiculous like that. I've got some sprites still on a flashdrive as well as the same tim burtonesque style and dark humor. This toptic is just the culmination of my existence on the site, the product of my years of activity and procrastination. It's not going to truly die until the day I can truly no longer support it. If anyone has anything they'd like to see send me a message and I'll try to make it happen. I've still got some comic ideas written out too that I could use. It's just a matter of finding time and energy that I can afford to share with you guys. And again, you've all been great.

And yes malignus my name is also Logan. We are everywhere.

wait wait wait another Logan COMEON HOW MANY PPL HAVE MY NAME ON THIS SITE???? Well Good luck were ever the wind blows you Always enjoyed your comics and i'll come back when u get back. hmm that sounded alot less creepy in my head

And yes malignus my name is also Logan. We are everywhere.

That's not me. That is Tecnokua.

bBhcfWO.png

So many series die now. They take their last gasps of air and go to embrace The Great Pohuaki outside the forums.

I am sad to see this end, though everything does. It is un-avoidable.

I'd say you had a good run. I'm sorry I caught it so late though.

Everything ends. There's nothing wrong with that though. I do wish you the best of luck, friend. In everything you do on and off the computer.

You stay safe on your mission.

And like Terton and all my fellow comic makers: I hope you find something that truly makes you happy.

(May I suggest Hats?)

lovewarconga2.png

• 1 month later...

Looks awesome!  I can't wait for more comics!

Well Karz. Didn't expect anyone to come back to this and say something. Granted, I've mostly had free time for comics. Could I make them? Yes. Will I? No clue. Sometimes I get the urge to make something, but I usually end up playing warframe or watching YouTube or reading HP Lovecraft for school. I have until July. Hopefully I'll get some stuff up. I really do like story making.

Looks awesome!  I can't wait for more comics!

Well Karz. Didn't expect anyone to come back to this and say something. Granted, I've mostly had free time for comics. Could I make them? Yes. Will I? No clue. Sometimes I get the urge to make something, but I usually end up playing warframe or watching YouTube or reading HP Lovecraft for school. I have until July. Hopefully I'll get some stuff up. I really do like story making.

Ops, i didn't see the date for the last post before mine :P

20795.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT MEAT-MONKEYS (I say that with affection). Dead Authors will be resuming, I am currently making a comic as you read this post, maybe. It could be done before you read this for all I know. Anyway, RZ kit is staying, I'm reverting my character to an original all red model that Soran uses (bless his heart and mind for dealing with my constant appearance changes, my characters full name is Sir Ptolemic of Zyglak). Anyway, I'll still to incorporate my usual macabre humor, but this arc focus more on myself and certain authors. I think you'll enjoy it, and it would be lovely if they played along and gave advice on how to best portray them. And any input, and advice, etc, anything that pertains, don't hesitate to post it. Guest stars will be a thing by the way. So feel free to do that too.

I'm impressed with how well the panels flowed regardless of not having any actual backgrounds at the moment. I also quite like how well you were able to angle the masks and such to make them make sense. How you used the different mask angles was done quite masterfully. What I think could've possibly improved it would be to add some sort of shadows to the masks or glows. Like for example, in the 2nd panel a nice reddish glow along the outside of the tops of the masks could've worked quite nicely.

Otherwise the only critique I've got besides that is the last panel. The gun and blast effect and character pose is all great. The only thing is that comparing the character to the size of the helicopter he's holding onto… Reminds me of King Kong. I suppose that's mainly so we can see the sprites clearer so I'll give you the clear for that. But other than that it works quite nicely as a quick comic. 

Also, that axe looks very blunt. Wondering how effective it is at chopping things.

Anyway, nicely done as usual. Good to see you back in action,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 1 month later...