Hitman IX: Corpsetaker

Ehksidian

Bionicle Hitman IX: Corpsetaker

The plot

In the past, The Shadowed One used the Hitman games as a method of thinning the oversaturated ranks of the Dark Hunters. Now, with membership at an all-time low, and many still craving for blood in the Hitman games, TSO had to come up with something fast.

After some ridiculous magic experiment thing, The Shadowed One was able to create 16 Dark Hunters, all of which...still died.

He was upset about this. And, in his frustration, he let two of the Dark Hunters fight to the death. Upon the defeat of the weaker one, The Shadowed One noticed something odd. The killer simply stood above the body, staring. After a few seconds, the corpse began to move again. TSO was flabbergasted. He had somehow made a bunch of Dark hunters that could possess dead bodies.

And then this game started.

The game

In Hitman, you are attempting to assassinate all of the other players. You do this by PMing me with the name of the player you are targeting. In addition to your target's name, you will also PM me the murder method you will use in your assassination attempt. You have six methods of murder to choose from.

Gun

Sledgehammer

Knife

Poison

Wire

Explosive

You are not guaranteed a kill. Different assassins have different resistances and weaknesses against different weapons. When signing up for the game, you will PM me a list of all the murder methods and corresponding numerical values (one through seven). For example:

Gun: 1

Sledgehammer: 6

Knife: 4

Poison: 3

Wire: 2

Explosive: 5

This is your resistance profile. It tells me which weapons you are weak against and which weapons you are strong against. When someone attempts to kill you, I will roll a die. If the number falls below your resistance for the chosen weapon, you will survive. If not, you die. For example, if someone targeted you with an explosive, I would roll a die. If my die landed on anything below 6, you would survive the attempt. If you were targeted with a knife attack, and I rolled below 4, you'd live. If this requires any clarification, let me know, and I'll do my best to explain it to you.

Each round will take about 48 hours, including plenty of time in which to PM me your target and weapon of choice. If you fail to send me the name of a target and a weapon of choice, you will take no action that round.

What happens when multiple people attack the same target?

I will calculate the assassination attempts chronologically. The first person to PM me that target's name will receive first dibs on the assassination attempt. If he fails, the next person will get a shot, and so on.

What happens if the last two/three/etc. people all kill each other?

There can only be one survivor, so if the last few assassins all kill each other I will reroll.

The twist(s)

If you didn’t gather from the title, the twist in this game revolves around corpses. Namely, people you have killed yourself.

Upon a successful kill, you will be notified of your victim’s “assassination resistances”. What do you do with this, though? Simple. You have a choice every night to change your resistances to those of someone you have killed.

Confused? Here’s an example.

Killer

Victim

Gun: 2

Sledgehammer: 1

Knife: 5

Poison: 4

Wire: 3

Explosive: 6

Once the victim is killed, the killer has the choice each night to retain their resistances, or use their victim’s resistances.

The payroll

These are your fellow assassins. Eliminated targets are marked in red.

Payroll

1. SwimmingBeard

2. Cohr

3. Vox

4, KopekeMaster

5. Kuan

6. Pupwa

7. ShadowVezok

8. TR18

9. Axirus

10. JiMing: ACE MAVERICK ATTORNEY OR SOMETHING

11. Plus

12. Lhik

13. Blade

14. Jim (Ibrow/Voltex/Voltex Oblige)

15. Burn

The rules

1. Use only a single PM to send in your targets - that is, don't start a new PM each round; just add a reply to the existing PM.

2. No changing targets. I will accept the first PM you send me, and will ignore any others you send in an attempt to switch your target.

3. No complaining about outcomes. I am not biased; I am genuinely just rolling the RNG. This game is a little bit of strategy with a whole lot of luck.

Shamelessly copy and pasted VIII, with appropriate changes

Edited by Ehks

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

In

For example, if someone targeted you with a flamethrower, I would roll a die.

HURR

I shouldn't do these when i'm jetlagged.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Ohey Axilus, nice to see you join the fray! Late. =P

Also, I always send in my kills ASAP, so......

THE ACE MAVERICK HUNTING ATTORNEY IS VERY QUICK ABOUT IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE THAT YOU KNOW

Edited by Phoenix Zero

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Axilus joined late so that nobody could kill him first round because people already chose their targets.

Not intentionally. If it makes you feel any better, I picked a weapon that most people probably have good resistance to. Normally I wouldn't do this, but since I joined late, and I've never even attempted to use this weapon, I decided to do it.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

What is this? The scene came early?!

It was just a normal day in the Hitman Arena. Of course, for this game, the stage was set...very oddly. It was in a city. Not just any city, though. A city with nothing but bars. No houses, no apartments, only bars, alehouses, and the like. It worked, though.

Everyone decided, for the first day, to head on down to the bar on the edge of town, called...The Bar on the Edge of Town. Very creative naming going on here, I know. It didn’t take long for the party of 15 mercenaries to arrive there. And it didn’t take long for the killing attempts to happen, either. When Pulse arrived, he said that on his way to the bar, two buildings had blown up a few feet in front of him, nearly killing him with the falling debris.

“Why wouldn’t the explosion kill you, though?” Burnmad asked.

Pulse shrugged.

After that little event, everyone headed inside. The bar was large, and devoid of any form of alcohol in general. No one could believe it. A bar, with no drinks? Who would make this! It was enough to get the ACE MAVERICK ATTORNEY all riled up, and ready to kill someone.

“Who placed those explosives?!” He yelled out. Burnmad raised his hand. Lhik kept his hand down, because he knew what would happen otherwise. Phoenix Zero, formerly known as JiMing, rushed at him with his Sword-That-I-Don’t-Have-The-Character-For Sword. The blade was stopped from hitting its target by Pupwa. The psychotic...thing held up what appeared to be a large, gun-like syringe, with the words “PONFICATR” written hastily on the side. Phoenix Zero and Pupwa then began fighting and wouldn’t stop doing so until Kopekemaster decided to strangle poor Pupwa with a wire, killing him nearly instantly.

Chro had sat down at the bar to glare at the empty back wall of the bar, when ShadowVezon decided to walk up to him.

“Mind of I take a seat?” He asked.

“Go ahead.”

So ShadowVezon took Chro’s seat out from under him. Chro hit the ground with a thump, but was otherwise unhurt. Physically, that is. Emotionally, he was hurt beyond belief. So hurt, he decided to go cry in a corner while cradling his gun. Kuan decided to go over and kick him really hard, causing Chro’s gun to misfire, launching a bullet straight into Chro’s own head. He never even got to shoot iBrow.

Swimming Beard was standing around, holding his gun as well, when he heard the shot being fired off. He whirled around, and shot the source of the blast. Too bad Chro was already dead.

Lhik was happy he had avoided the wrath of the attorney, and was ready to walk out of the bar and avoid the mass slaughter that was going to happen. Unfortunately, Blade had other plans for Lhik. Before Lhik could blink, he found a wire wrapped around his throat, choking him out very quickly. In his last moments, he regretted ever joining the Dark Hunters.

The violent shooting, killing, and such calmed down for a few minutes after all that had happened. Everyone stood up, looking at the corpses. Pulse began to laugh. He began to laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and pulled out a gun. He leveled the gun at iBrow, and fired off one bullet. The bullet seemed to laugh, too.

iBrow didn’t laugh when he died.

Right at that moment, everyone began to run out of the bar. Every last person ran as fast as they could, but some were unable to outrun others. Voxumo came out of nowhere with an Icepick, and proceeded to strangle Burnmad with it. He had no idea why Vox wasn’t stabbing him. Neither did Vox. Burn died in confusion.

The bar had cleared. The bodies, left for now. Axilus walked into the bar, late to the party since someone had to replace Player 9. He casually shot iBrow’s corpse. Toarobot18 followed Axilus inside, holding a few bottles of random alcoholic beverages. He had missed his own bar-opening ceremony. Angry, he threw the bottles on the ground and stormed out, angry his kindness had no outlet.

---

Casualties:

Chro, Killed by Kuan’s gun.

Lhik, killed by Blade’s wire.

iBrow, killed by Pulse’s gun first.

Burnmad, killed by Voxumo’s wire

Pupwa, killed by Kopeke’s wire

You have another 48 hours. Profiles will be sent to those who were the first to send in the successful kills.

1Ydp0mg.jpg