Exo-Nui Champion

<NOT A CONTEST ENTRY>

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/130/a/b/exo_nui__champion__by_orionide5-d7hvfyd.png

(image is too big for the page)

Backstory: Long ago, the Great Beings themselves fought a terrible war using colossal bio-engineered engines of destruction. These artificial monsters that were all put to sleep and imprisoned deep underground when peacetime returned. Now, the re-formation of Spherus Magna has awakened these beasts, and the golden fusion being has turned them into an army he intends to use to conquer the planet. To defend themselves, the Matoran and Agori reverse-engineered the giant robots of the Great Beings to create huge warrior machines: the Exo-Nui.
The Exo-Nui called "Champion" was designed for Toa Hewkii and is both rugged and agile, able to scale mountains in pursuit of enemies. It can fight long-range with an energy cannon, or close-up with a mighty claw arm.

MOC Features:
Arms and legs articulated, with piston-supported knees and elbows and extra shoulder and hip mobility
Cockpit fits a Bionicle minifigure, and can open (see above left view) or close via a lever on the back. The lever is connected by an axle to the larger gear seen in that view, while the small gear in that view is connected to the cockpit plate. EDIT: Forgot to mention, the hinge for the cockpit plate also has a ball joint which gives the hinge more friction, visible in the center view.

I'd like some feedback on what parts of the creation could be improved (so that I don't make the same mistakes when I enter the GITR contest!)

Edited by Akavakaku
  • Upvote 2

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

First impressions: The gap in between the 'head' and cockpit is a bit too attention grabbing.

Besides that, the overall colour scheme of this MOC is good, the gray and brown blend well to give the impression of a ancient and 'stony' mech.

I like the looks of how the shoulder/arm was constructed, though I am interested to see the articulation of it. I also like how the feet is like an extension of the bohrok feet. The mech kind of reminds me of Krekka, most probably due to his weapon and the stance of it XD

Anyway, you might wish to add more bulk into the mech. The arms and legs look quite sleek :)

• Upvote 1
Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

If I had to use one word to describe this, it would be... gappy. It's a good mech, I'll say that, but it just doesn't scream "THIS IS HEWKII'S MECH!" at me. It looks more like it would be Onewa's, to be honest. To make it a bit more Hewkii-ish, I would swap out some of the flesh coloured pieces for yellow and/or black, seeing as those are more Hewkii's colours. Apart from that, though, it is a pretty good mech, but if this was entered into the contest, I wouldn't really say that it's a winner.

VBWj75sh.png

If you're planning on entering this into the contest, you need to enter it exactly as it is in the picture you've posted.

1) Your entry may not have been published prior to the start of this contest. You may make your own topic before posting in the official entry thread, but you must create a post in the entry topic before it is closed in order to be officially entered. If, after posting your entry anywhere on BZP but before officially entering it (including the blogs), you modify it and then enter it, you will be disqualified. You may only start one topic for your entry. Please post only one main pic in this entry thread and a link to the rest of the pics in the gallery on your image host (most likely Brickshelf, Photobucket, or Flickr). You can do pictures as normal in your own separate thread. If you need help posting pictures, please see this topic.

You can either enter this MOC exactly as it is right now or enter a completely different MOC. Entering a modified version of this MOC, however, will get you disqualified.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Thanks for the help, everyone! Yes, it is definitely too gappy. I'd intended the colors to resemble Hewkii's Matoran form, actually, but I guess I should have used more tan for that (don't have any burnt orange). And no, I wasn't planning to enter this. I made it before the contest, and realized getting feedback on it woul be a great way to prepare for my actual entry, which is mostly done right now.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins