The Bionicle Headcanon Thread

We have one for Hero Factory! Go ahead and submit any idea you have about the Bionicle world that was never really stated, even if it doesn't fit the canon 100%.

I'll start with one of my own:

Vamprah is mute by choice. He always disapproved of Teridax, but also knew there was no use attempting to rebel against him. When Teridax took control of the Brotherhood, Vamprah privately swore never to speak again as long as he ruled. Because if he couldn't speak out against Teridax, there was nothing worthwhile to say.

• Upvote 2

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

That's an interesting theory. :) Definitely worth considering.

Mine would be involving Exo-Toa. They're said to be able to boost a Toa's strength and abilities, yet they seriously hamper their elemental powers. I think Exo-Toa absorb elemental powers as their "energy source". They're able to function somewhat without it, but it weakens them without a Toa rider. Which is why the Bohrok-Kal were able to defeat them so easily. So instead of using their elemental powers as a weapon, the Toa uses it to fuel the machine to give him/her an extra boost of strength and physical abilities.

• Upvote 3

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Kaita are from spirit world and only when 3 inviduals combine they can access to the world of living.

Makuta are anti-kaita because they were once one spirit, which shattered to many inviduals.

Kalmah's species is like dothraki or mongols. They rode tentacled camels. Pridak's species is called selakhians and their land was destroyed by Xia, because they were competitors and knew how to create organic weapons. Takadox's species is religious species and many of them are something like popes or pishops. Ehlek's species is called the Deep ones and they were slaves of the skakdi.

Krekka's species is called the Orcs. Keetongu's species is called saffron giants or cyclops. Krahka and Triglax are from same species. Lariska is from Shadowed one's and Ancient species.

There are many religions in Matoran Universe and even in Metru Nui. Many of those religions hail Mata Nui and Great Spirits and Red star is part of their mythology.

Protosteel is like Valyrian steel, not many beings know how to create it.

Makuta only claim that they are the creators of the rahi. It is just propaganda made by Makuta.

Order of Mata Nui is like CIA + Inqvisition. Hand of Artakha is like HYDRA in Marvel universe.

Toa are 85% organic and 15% mechanic like glatorian because I don't like too much robotic characters.

There are 6 million matoran in Metru Nui, not 1000.

6 is sacred number in matoran universe because Mata Nui has two-part name and matoran have Three Virtues.

Artakha is really the evil one, not Karzahni.

• Upvote 1

Brace yourselves, Klaanon is coming...

I have more headcanons that are canon in our giant fanproject Klaanon.

Red star is not a jetpack or external hard drive. Its function is unknown.

Zyglak are not all evil, they are just misunderstood and hated. They worshipped the Great Seamother Gah'malok, but now they worship monstrous Rhak'elakk because their cult controls them with fear.

Nektann was really very short like his set.

There are many drunk and alcoholic skakdis in Zakaz, because the Civil war traumatised them.

Civil war in Zakaz started with bar-fight when Reidak drank too much beer.

Southern Continent is like Asia. It is really big and there are many different cities and cultures out there.

Island where Naho swam in the beginning of the Toa/DH war is called Meksi-koro. There grows many chili and coffee plants.

Reason why Frostelus' are hated in the universe is because they control and drive icebergs. They accidentally sank Titanui, Metru Nui's greatest ship.

Matoran believe that their universe is shaped like a star, because of Mata Nui's robotic body and Red Star.

Brace yourselves, Klaanon is coming...

I love all these!

Matoran count in base 6, but they have extra symbols for numbers 6 to 11. When they write "100 000 years" it means 7776 years for us. The 777 steps to the Ignika is how we write it (since they don't have seventy or seven hundred.) They write it as 3333.

• Upvote 2

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Most of mine go back to the early days, things I had assumed for three years before coming on here and finding out they weren't so. Especially that Toa can still switch masks via Suva even if their current mask falls off. Seems more interesting if Suva are like Kanohi insurance.

Of course, I use different headcanons for different fanfic universes, so yeah. :P I only use the above with the Paracosmos. :shrugs: So not sure if that counts by the typical meaning of "headcanon." There's a few minor things that count that I use in my retelling too, like that the heartlight isn't just a lubricant pump, which seems far too trivial to bother having an indicator light and almost seems unnecessary anyways; in my view it transfers life energy generated in the lungs to the rest of the organics.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Toa, with the use of the Mask of Translation, could pilot the Mata Nui robot from the Core Processor.

Most of mine are ideas that tend to be debunked, but usually I "fix my brain" on such things, including:

1. the Mata Nui robot landed on its back.

2. the Toa Mahri remained in the Golden Skakdi's employ after Annona's attack.

3. the Masks of Wisdom and Valor contained the powers of Wisdom and Valor, not the masks that made it up.

4. the Glatorian pilots were awake during Mata Nui's journey.

Many of these, although with plenty of others, have mazed their way into my fanfics. But I generally try to avoid contradicting the canon in my fanfics because I'm lazy and it's easier to follow the rules. (Although I'm building a big headcanon story right now, but if I blabbed all the headcanons I would destroy my story. :P)

Velika's going to become a Toa. Then Marendar's gonna get him.

:-p

That... would actually be a beautiful piece of irony. If done right, that could be the best way to get rid of him.

You're a genius.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

That... would actually be a beautiful piece of irony. If done right, that could be the best way to get rid of him.

You're a genius.

Ditto. My God, what genius. I'm not sure if you were being serious with your idea, Miras, but if that story were done well it could be the perfect ending to Bionicle.

• Upvote 1

It's a great idea, and sweet irony right there... but there has to be a way to get rid of Marandar after he kills Velika... maybe Axxon can take care of him or something, we've seen that guy do some amazing things, I doubt anything can kill that dude. :)

• Upvote 3

Formerly Iron_Man5

Glatorian aren't strictly a separate species from Agori, but rather cybernetically modified at a young age to be stronger and taller. Skrall were Agori before they were bioengineered by the Great Beings to be larger. Leader class Skrall are Skrall who've had the modification for ordinary Glatorian.

Lariska has appeared in set form, she's the smaller model included in the Spiriah combiner. 

• Upvote 2

1 - There are both male and female matoran in every  type.

2 - Miserix once created a Shadow Matoran, and then transformed him into Toa. He is the only Toa of Shadows in the universe and wanders uninhabited islands in the Matoran Universe, and wears a Mask of Scavenging.

3 - The red star works sometimes, but when it sends the being back to the MU, it "recreates" him into a new being of his species, with different memories, body, etc.

4 - Carapar, Nidhiki, Krekka, and all who died losing their "bodies" are revived in the Red Star.

4.5 - Yeah, including our beloved Matoro !

5. Tahu was transformed into a Toa Nuva again. 

6 - Slizers/Throwbots, Roboriders, Bionicle and Hero Factory all take places in the same planet, but in different periods of History. The timeline is Slizers > Roboriders > Bionicle > Hero Factory, adding a period of 1 billion years in the gaps between them.

7 - Mata Nui's giant body was hidden in the ocean of Spherus Magna. Once there, they discovered the camouflage system was still functional, and recreated the Island of Mata Nui again. Many Metru Nui Matoran lived there for nostalgic reasons.

Edited by jalar

You're a genius.

One problem: Velika is a Great Being. Thereby, Velika knows about Marendar. Thereby, he's not that stupid. 

Unless Marendar was made after Velika got into the MU. It was sort of implied that Marendar was thrown together at the last minute...

More interestingly, it could be that Velika has a way to stop Marendar if he becomes a Toa. :shrugs: Making him look like the hero. 

Also, Alt. Teridax could wipe Marendar out. Or even just Tahu, methinks. I doubt the GBs thought a Toa would end up with Rahkshi powers, although they did build the Golden armor...but did they allocate for that when they built Marendar? All sorts of possibilities.  

• Upvote 1

The Great Beings created the Agori and Glatoran as Prototypes of the How to give life the right.

Velika is a rebellious Great Being who created the most Evilest of Creations,The Skrall so they bashed him into the Mata Nui Robot as a Po-Matoran.

While in the Mata Nui Robot, Velika created he's Greatest and Evilest Creations, The Makuta Species itself. 

Takua,Vakama,Matau,Nokama,Whenua,Nuju,Onewa, & others become the first Generation of Matoran.

The First Toa Team are Lhikan,Norik,Iruini,Lesovikk,Jovan,Helryx, & "Unknown" Toa.

Toa Metru comes as trainers for the Toa Mata as The Order of Mata Nui's orders.

Tahu is a Young Fit Leader,Gali is a Noble Wariness,Onua is a Wisest and Brutal,Pohatu is The Prankster,Kopaka is Lone Wolf, & Lewa is The Tough Guy (not a whipping boy in my "head"canon)

Edited by Spiderus Prime

Marendar is an insect-like being with great strength, six arms, an elemental suppressor, and a magnetic device that makes Kanohi fall off.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

makuta's body is lying in sphernus magnas desert and it is like the matoran world exept smashed up and with low gravity. the toa are going to have to go back there at some point

oh and the barakki gather a huge army out of dark hunters and skrall and other bad guys and try to take over shernus magna. then one of makuta's old servents steals the mask of time and tries to use it to go back and warn terridax. ( they wouldn't actually go back in time beacause i hate time travel in storyies) then the matoran from the voya nui resistance beacome toa but just before they do velika returns and is turned in to a toa with them. (witch was all part of his plan) and he furthers his agenda while with them sabatoging their efforts and manipulating them. they have to go into makuta's old body or the black spike mountins ( i still cant decide wich ones cooler) and track the person who stole the mask of time. menwhile the barrake have declared war on the toa matoran and glatorian and agori. And just cause i think this is awesome a skakdi falls into energised protodermis and him and his spine slug mutate so the skakdi is bigger and stronger and the spine slug completley takes over the skakdiis brain making him insane with rage. the toa finally defeat him by killing his spine slug.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

1.  When Artahka made the adaptive armor, he replaced the all of the Toa's Kanohi with adaptive masks, restoring Tahu's (and possiblt Vakama's) lost masks.  While this was useless in Karda Nui due to the fact they couldn't access the suvas, it helped them during their rebellion ogainst their new great spirit, Teridax.

When he was devolved, he lost the ability to use Kanohi Nuva, thus losing these powers AGAIN.   :( 
These Kanohi would probably be used as spares by the other Toa Nuva.

2.  The Golden Armor Hau functioned as a Golden Kanohi from 2001, allowing him access to the weakened, non-Nuva versions of these powers.

2b.  Assuming that the Golden Masks made by Artahka were made by fusing the Kanohi collected by the Tao Mata and that Headcanon 2 is false:  Artahka (or another mask maker) uses the Golden Armor Hau as the Hau component in a new Golden Kanohi for Tahu.

Edited by N.S.M.8
  • Upvote 1

When Artahka made the adaptive armor, he replaced the all of the Toa's Kanohi with adaptive masks, restoring Tahu's (and possiblt Vakama's) lost masks.  While this was useless in Karda Nui due to the fact they couldn't access the suvas, it helped them during their rebellion ogainst their new great spirit, Teridax.

I hate to pick on somebody's headcanon, but for the sake of discussion, wouldn't Makuta just destroy their Suva? :P (I like the idea in general though. Artakha wouldn't know about the coming takeover so yeah.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

My headcanons are:

• The GBs are humans (or purely organic beings) that have become immortal and have mastered the art of creating advanced technology. They did not originate from Spherus Magna, they only traveled there to conduct experiments. 
  • There was an abundance of lifeforms on Speherus before the GBs arrived, but the were all killed in a mass extinction conducted by Annona.
  • Vakama's vision of Krakau in Time Trap was from a future were Marendar has killed every single Toa and Krakau is the only survivor who has escaped the extinction by going into hiding on an island. His appearance in Vakama's vision was an attempt to change the bleak future that was coming. But sadly, the Kratana was removed before he could continue.
Edited by Collector1

When Artahka made the adaptive armor, he replaced the all of the Toa's Kanohi with adaptive masks, restoring Tahu's (and possiblt Vakama's) lost masks.  While this was useless in Karda Nui due to the fact they couldn't access the suvas, it helped them during their rebellion ogainst their new great spirit, Teridax.

I hate to pick on somebody's headcanon, but for the sake of discussion, wouldn't Makuta just destroy their Suva? :P (I like the idea in general though. Artakha wouldn't know about the coming takeover so yeah.)

Wouldn't Makuta have more important things to worry about than a few Toa's Suva? :P

Y'know, like killing the actual Toa who were using the Suva? Plus he could have sent his Shadow Toa to steal the masks off the Suva, though, if he wanted to, although I suppose that's a neutral arguement that go either way...

Wouldn't Makuta have more important things to worry about than a few Toa's Suva? :P

Y'know, like killing the actual Toa who were using the Suva? Plus he could have sent his Shadow Toa to steal the masks off the Suva, though, if he wanted to, although I suppose that's a neutral arguement that go either way...

Bonesiii:

By all means pick my ideas apart (respectfully, of course); it forces me to use logic to defend them, which is something I enjoy doing.  Also, as you said, it encourages discussion.  (which is why we are here)

We know that the other Toa Nuva still have all six masks, so either they survived the destruction of their suvas (entirely possible as they have survived a moon fragment through the city), or Makuta didn't bother (see fishers64's post).  Remember that because his mind was not designed to control the Great Spirit Robot, he had trouble at first.  Perhaps by the time he was able to do it himself, he decided that going after the Mask of Life was more important.

I meant that Toa move around -- Suva don't (not normally anyhow :P). So if the Toa were becoming a bother, that would be one way to make it more likely they get defeated by a roaming Exo-Toa or whatnot. (And even before that, he might do that just so the Matoran see that he's thorough and aren't more inspired to rebel. :shrugs:) And it was stated that the most important thing that was the cause for his delay in going after Mata Nui on Bara Magna was indeed putting down rebellion. Even if other things were more important, we do know he did go after his enemies.

Makuta had a crippling weakness to wheels, which is why they forbade the Matoran from ever inventing them. Umbra put wheels on his feet after the Makuta turned evil to prevent any from getting to the Mask of Life. (This one's supposed to be silly.)

Zakaz was intended as a welcoming, paradisaical road-stop for travelers entering or leaving Metru Nui, which is why the Skakdi were made with big, bright smiles. Spiriah seriously messed that up.

The areas of Metru Nui were designed after parts of the brain: Onu-Metru is Mata Nui's memory, Ko-Metru is his planning ability, Ga-Metru is his learning ability, Po-Metru is his spatial awareness, Le-Metru is his reaction process, and Ta-Metru is his vital function support.

Each Toa Hagah's precious armor is a metallic version of the color of a different Toa Hagah's main armor. Iruini's gold armor is like Pouk's brown. Pouks has gunmetal armor, like Bomonga's black. Bomonga has copper armor, like Norik's red. Norik's silver armor is like Kualus's white. Kualus has steel-blue armor, and Gaaki has metallic green armor.

• Upvote 4

The areas of Metru Nui were designed after parts of the brain: Onu-Metru is Mata Nui's memory, Ko-Metru is his planning ability, Ga-Metru is his learning ability, Po-Metru is his spatial awareness, Le-Metru is his reaction process, and Ta-Metru is his vital function support.

Huh, never thought of that. Good headcanon! 

• Upvote 2

i'm sure you'd all expect me to say something here about tamaru being transgender female but i'm afraid that's actually canon and doesn't belong here

Really? Where is that from? 

On the topic, I noticed that while the Matoran of Voya Nui were suspicious from the start of the Piraka's appearances, actions and motives, they never questioned Vezok being a male "Toa" of water, implying that Matoran who identify as the opposite gender from the norm for their element are generally known and accepted, at least on Voya Nui. 

• Upvote 1

i'm sure you'd all expect me to say something here about tamaru being transgender female but i'm afraid that's actually canon and doesn't belong here

On the topic, I noticed that while the Matoran of Voya Nui were suspicious from the start of the Piraka's appearances, actions and motives, they never questioned Vezok being a male "Toa" of water, implying that Matoran who identify as the opposite gender from the norm for their element are generally known and accepted, at least on Voya Nui. 

I always thought that Vezok was pretending to be female...

Edited by N.S.M.8
  • Upvote 2

I always thought that Vezok was pretending to be female...

I don't think so. When Dalu was talking to him in the book "Island of Doom" it clearly stated that she knew he was a "he" :) At least, the narrator of the book mentioned him as a he, and that her thoughts registered him as a "he". :)

Formerly Iron_Man5