Arena: A Bionicle Constructible Combat Game

They

Please note this was posted in Games and Trivia with prior permission from Black 6 and Windrider. ~Kughii, 6/21/2014

Arena: A Bionicle Constructible Combat Game

Core Rule system published on June 21st, 2014 by Kughii*

Look for a tutorial video of the rules coming soon! ~Kughii, 6/21/2014

Turn your Bionicle MOCs into epic warriors and wage bloody combat against your foes, or work together to complete a set of goals dictated by a Game Master. Battle with and against your friends in a turn-based combat game where the powers of the six elements clash against steel, looking an opponent in the eyes often proves fatal, and kanohi can deter some of the strongest blows. Arena is a game for two to eight players and takes a minimum of ten minutes to play, though larger games will run on average thirty to forty-five minutes.

Included in the .pdf digital download are the complete Core Rules, along with four basic character sheets. Currently these rules are hosted on Google Drive. You are allowed to view and download, though not edit, the .pdf.

You will also need your Bionicle collection, a form of measuring distance, Lego bricks in White, Red, Yellow, and Green, and a place to play.

_____

After three years and several editions I am proud to present to the BZPower.com community a set-based game for Bionicle. These rules have been an effort to create a balanced combat game where any race, any power - canon or otherwise - can exist. Although the Core Rules only offer six kanohi, six elements, and six vision powers I plan on releasing several expansions to fill in gaps. In the meantime, if there is something you want for your character simply talk with your fellow players until some agreement is made. This game is as much about creativity as the little pieces we use to build the characters involved, and I would love to see any house rules you make in the comments below, as well as photos of your characters or stories of memorable experiences. Leg godt!

During the open beta at Brickcon 2013, a group of four wonderful BZPower members played several games and gave feedback. I want to thank Kakaru, Kopakanui, XCCJ, and Based Goomy for the fantastic spirit and creativity they showed during the play test.

*Please note these rules, excluding any and all terms and licenses owned by The Lego Group, are free for anyone to play but they are my creative property. Do not sell these rules or otherwise use them for any commercial purpose without my express written permission. Thank you. Feel free to print out the rules for non-commercial purposes as long as credit is given where it is due.

Edited by Kughii
  • Upvote 4

Holy crawdad this is complex. And looks like you put a lot of time in it.

Looking quickly at it, it actually looks like a similar (though much more informal/simple) game that LoTR_Nui Madu Cabolo, Toa of Anarchy, and I play sometimes.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)