Technic Warzone

Pahrak Model ZX

Technic Warzone

We all have our favorite characters from Bionicle, Slizers, RoboRiders, and Hero Factory.  We also might enjoy sponsoring them in a fighting league where they get to beat the snot out of other characters.  Or we might enjoy sending them off into a hazy battle where they shoot death rays around blindly.  If any of this appeals to you, then hey, welcome to the Warzone!

Basics: In this game you will choose from a list of Bionicle, Slizer, RoboRider, and Hero Factory characters and sponsor them in a fighting league known as Technic Coliseum (usually referred to just as “the Coliseum”).  You’ll purchase equipment for them, arrange matches with other fighters for them, and enter them into tournaments.  There’s also the matter of providing them some direction in week-long games of laser tag war in the hopes of getting some extra cash.

A note about stats: Strength affects the fighter’s physical attacks, Agility affects the fighter’s evasion and accuracy, Toughness affects a fighter’s resistance to damage, and Mind affects the strength of a fighter’s non-physical attacks.

To join, simply pick an available character from the lists linked below and post your desire to sponsor them, and then post a modified stat profile for them. (Starting with the profile listed for the fighter, you may add 8 additional points to any stats in any way you wish.) You’re in!  Each fighter has Elemental Powers, most of which are fixed, but some fighters have an unclear affinity; in these cases, you will be allowed to select any Element you wish for your fighter to use.  If the fighter’s profile does not list a basic weapon in their Powers and Items section, you may pick a basic weapon for them to use.

As an added bonus for those of you who played Technic Coliseum last year, you may add 1 additional stat point to your fighter’s stats.  Your fighters will be reserved until Saturday.  Starting next Sunday, they’ll be up for grabs!

You’ll have 20,000 Widgets to start out with.  Your Widget count cannot exceed 75,000 W—if you receive enough Widgets to go over this amount, the extra Widgets will simply be lost.  If you’d like, you can sponsor two or even three fighters (you will be given an additional 10,000 W for each), but be warned: having more fighters can make managing your resources more difficult.  At any time, you may drop a fighter you are sponsoring, and you also have the option of PMing another player and attempting to negotiate a trade of fighters. (Extra items can be offered in addition to the exchange.  If the player asks for cash, you may use it, but the Coliseum frowns upon this and will bar you both from matches for a short time.)

Coliseum: The primary method of gameplay is arranging matches with other players.  Just PM a member to ask for a fight, negotiate how many Widgets you will each pay to promote the match, which arena you’ll be using, and any other terms.  Post here informing me of these terms, along with the strategy your fighter will use in the match.  For fairness, post your strategy in spoiler tags, and DO NOT read your opponent’s strategy. (Spoiler tag help.)

I will then review both strategies and determine a winner.  The winner will receive Widgets using this formula: [(Total Amount of Widgets Contributed by Both Players)/2] x 5

So, if Player 1 submits 100 W and Player 2 submits 300, the winner will receive 1,000 W.  This includes the Widgets you spent on the match—so Player 1 in this scenario would have a net profit of 900 W, while a victory for Player 2 would bring them a net profit of 700 W.

You can also arrange 2-on-2 matches, either with two of your fighters against another player’s two fighters, or one of your fighters teamed with the fighter of another player against another two player team.  In the latter case, I highly recommend that you and your partner coordinate your strategy over PM before one of you posts it.  Since these matches take more time to analyze, there will likely be a significant delay between when the strategies are posted and when the winners are announced.  Both players on a winning team will receive the same amount of Widgets, determined by the formula above.

Tournaments: The first Monday of every month begins a new Tournament.  One week prior to that, I will open registration—players must post stating that they wish to enter their fighter (if sponsoring multiple fighters, they must pick ONE to enter) and then provide a list of the items the fighter will have access to during the Tournament.  Each fighter can only have up to 5 items listed; the strategies you use during the Tournament may ONLY use the items from this list.

When Monday rolls around, I’ll randomize the list of entrants and match them all up.  I will also randomly determine an arena for the fight, which will be posted in parentheses next to the match-up.  You will have 24 hours to post your strategy for the match.  If you do not post a strategy by the time the round ends, you will be removed from the Tournament.

When a fighter loses in a Tournament, they will gain Widgets based on how many rounds they participated in (10,000 per round).  The Champion will receive an additional 5,000 W and be able to select any of the regularly available items for free OR obtain one Rare Item. (See below for items) The Champion’s profile will be updated to show their status, their name will be added to the Hall of Fame blog post, and they will be given an additional stat point that you may allocate to any one stat.  This extra stat point will be lost when the next Tournament comes around, so as not to give them an advantage in that Tournament.

Warzone: The Technic Warzone is a deadly game of chance that resets every Friday.  Your fighters are armed with death rays and have very low visibility, but they can take rough aim when they attempt to fire.  When making a post about the Warzone, state which fighter you want your fighter to target, and I will roll a die—if the die lands on 1, the target will be killed.  Anything else, and your fighter misses.  When your fighter is finally killed, or at the end of the week when the Warzone is reset, you will receive 5,000 W for every fighter you successfully eliminated.

If you are sponsoring multiple fighters, only one can be active in the Warzone at a time—you may specify which if you choose, but if you do not specify before someone targets one of your fighters, the fighter targeted will be the one you use. (It doesn’t really make a difference which fighter is in anyway, though.) When that fighter is killed, you will then switch to your other fighter; when that one is killed, if you have a third, you will switch to that; and if they all three get killed, well…that’s it til Friday.  But since that’s essentially surviving multiple hits, you get fewer rewards to keep things fair.  If you have 2 fighters, you will receive 2,500 W per kill; if you have 3 fighters, you will receive 1,500 W per kill.

Warzone gameplay will begin this Friday.  Take these next few days to plan who you’re going after!

Arenas: Listed in this blog post.  To liven up your match, pick an arena to fight in!  Each has its own unique features, some of which are hazardous, so be sure to incorporate these elements into your strategy.  If no arena is stated, the match will take place in the default Coliseum Arena.  Arenas are selected at random in Tournaments, so you may wish to prepare yourself for any arena you might end up in.

Rules for Specific Elements: Some Elements have the potential to be overpowered, so fighters wielding those Elements will need to stick to the following rules.  For everyone: Nova Blasts are forbidden.

Light-Users: Light can be used to increase your fighter's speed, but not all the way up to light speed. Your fighter may only blind the opponent once per battle. Your fighter may only use one solid light hologram per battle.

Gravity-Users: No attack can be instant-win (such as erasing gravity and flinging target into space, or increasing gravity so much that they are crushed to death).  Each attack can only be used for a few seconds at a time, and the fighter must leave time between each gravity attack (the longer you manipulate gravity, the longer you have to wait before you can manipulate it again).

Psionics-Users: Only basic illusions can be used, and you may only use one per battle.  You can confuse the opponent once per battle and are forbidden from using mind control.  Telepathy can be used to sense a hidden opponent’s location but will leave you vulnerable, and masking your presence will only have limited success.  Telekinesis may only be used for simple attacks like throwing the target or other objects, and may not disarm the opponent unless you throw another object and knock their weapon from their hands.  You may only hold the opponent in a telekinetic grip for a few seconds. 

Magnetism-Users: No attacks can be instant-win (such as willing an opponent’s armor to crush them to death).  Each attack can only last for a few seconds (you cannot hold an opponent in place indefinitely), and you must leave time between each magnetism attack (the longer you use magnetism, the longer you have to wait before you can use it again).  Magnetism can be used to achieve flight, but this method of flight is very difficult to control.

Iron-Users: No attacks can be instant-win (such as willing an opponent’s armor to crush them to death).  Each attack targeting the opponent or their items/armor can only last for a few seconds (you cannot hold an opponent in place indefinitely), and you must leave time between each non-projectile Iron attack (the longer you use Iron manipulation, the longer you have to wait before you can use it again).  You may not destroy any of the opponent’s items or pull their items out of their hands.  You may create armor, walls, weapons, etc out of Iron, but you will be more vulnerable while creating them, they cannot be made of Protosteel, and they will only be temporary.

Upgrades: Some fighters can be upgraded, granting them a new ability that you may utilize in matches.  When a fighter is upgraded, you may choose a new title/name for them, along with a new appearance and changes to their weapons.

Energized Protodermis: Transforms a Toa into a Toa Nuva.  Able to use timed elemental attacks; 20,000 W

Core Transfer: Upgrades Hero Factory heroes from 1.0 to 2.0.  If you bring only one item into battle, then your opponent will also only be able to use one item; 20,000 W

OS  Update: Upgrades RoboRiders to a RoboRider OS (Optimal Setting).  Wheel damage will be calculated using highest stat; for RoboRiders; 20,000 W

Meteor Armor: Upgrades a Slizer to a Cosmic Slizer.  Can boost any one stat by one point in battle so long as they don't bring any stat-boosting items into battle; for Slizers; 20,000 W

Legacy Gateway: Sends a Glatorian through time to train under Champions and become a Master Glatorian.  Allows the Glatorian to take a Thornax Launcher into battle without it counting against the item limit; for Glatorian; 20,000 W

Illegal Refit: Puts a Hero Factory villain in contact with some underworld mechanics who will outfit them with dangerous technology.  Allows the villain to nullify the opponent's Upgrade abilities (excluding MoC Mocha and Shadow Leech); for HF villains; 20,000 W

Antidermis Infusion: Imbues a fighter with the essence of a Makuta.  Allows the fighter to use the power of a Rahkshi Staff they own in battle without using up an item slot (the Staff itself will not be included) (you must pay 3,000 W to make a Rahkshi Staff compatible with this ability); for Skakdi and Barraki; 20,000 W.

Shadow Leech: Full Drain-change a fighter's Element to Shadow, 10,000 W; Partial Drain-gain Shadow powers in addition to current Element, both Elements will be reduced in power, you may not use Elemental Rahkshi Staffs while this upgrade is in effect, 30,000 W

Klakk's Scream: Undoes a Shadow Leech; 5,000 W

MoC Mocha: A Pahrak Family signature blend, infused with diluted mutagens that will allow your fighter to slightly alter their form and relocate the 8 stat points you arranged when you first sponsored your fighter (accompanying waiver must be signed before you will be served); 15,000 W

Equipment: To save space, the items available for purchase are listed in this blog post.  When you want to buy something, post your intent here in the topic, and I will add the item to your fighter(s) inventory and adjust your Widget balance accordingly.

Fighters may only take 2 pieces of equipment into battle with them.  Their basic weaponry does not count towards this limit.  Slizers can bring in a Disk without it counting towards this limit, RoboRiders can do the same with Wheel Talismans, and Master Glatorian have the same option with Thornax Launchers.  For items that require additional items as ammunition: the “launcher” item takes up a slot, but the ammunition does not. (In the case of the Rhotuka Launcher, you may only bring two types of Rhotuka into battle.)

You may return items to the shop to receive half the price you paid for them.  Multi-use items with less than their maximum number of uses may not be returned.

Trainers: These friendly faces will spend some time with your fighter to increase one of their stats by one point…for the right price.  There is a different Trainer for each stat.  The first time you hire that specific Trainer, it only costs 3,000 W.  The second session with them costs 6,000, the third costs 12,000, the fourth costs 24,000, and the fifth costs 48,000.  After that, your fighter has hit their limit in that stat.

-Ninja: Training with Ninja will raise your fighter’s Strength by 1.  Those Wheel Talisman types are actually the RoboRider villagers, remember?

-Kapura: Training with Kapura will raise your fighter’s Agility by 1.  Sadly, five sessions will not be enough to master how to cross long distances quickly by moving very slowly.

-Hiker Mike: Training with Hiker Mike will raise your fighter’s Toughness by 1.  What?  You don’t remember the original Fan-Created Content?  Check Brickipedia.

-Mr. Makuro: Training with Mr. Makuro will raise your fighter’s Mind by 1.  Hope you like puzzles.

Fighters:

List of Toa fighters can be found here.

List of Skakdi and Barraki fighters can be found here.

List of Glatorian fighters can be found here.

List of Slizer, RoboRider, and Hero Factory fighters can be found here.

For quick reference, here are the fighters currently in need of sponsors: Pohatu, Lewa, Gali, Lhikan, Hewkii, Helryx, Matoro, Nuju, Lesovikk, Jovan, Hahli, Chiara, Takanuva, Norik, Jaller, Onewa, Krakua, Varian, Zaria, Carapar, Avak, Ehlek, Thok, Nektann, Hakann, Skrall, Malum, Strakk, Gresh, Tarix, Kiina, Gelu, Certavus, Telluris, Vorox, Torch (Fire Slizer), Scuba (Sub Slizer), Ski (Ice Slizer), Jet (Judge Slizer), Amazon (Jungle Slizer), Turbo (City Slizer), Granite (Mountain Slizer), Electro (Energy Slizer), Spark (Slizer), Luna (Space Slizer), Lava, Onyx, Power, Frost, Swamp, Dust, Boss RoboRider, Gray, Toxin, Gale, Wave, Alloy, Ion, Demi, Preston Stormer, Jimi Stringer, Duncan Bulk, William Furno, Mark Surge, Natalie Breez, Nathan Evo, Julius Nex, Daniel Rocka, Von Nebula, Toxic Reapa, Vapor, Corroder, Dragon Bolt, Core Hunter, Thunder, Fire Lord

If you are skimming the lists and see a fighter you want to sponsor, but that fighter is reserved for a returning player, I can put you on a waiting list so that you can sponsor that fighter should their previous sponsor not return.

Player List: Over here you’ll find your name, which fighters you sponsor (and the collective inventory of items you have bought for all of them), and your Widget count.

I believe that’s it!  I’m always open to suggestions, so feel free to speak up if anything’s on your mind.  I hope you enjoy Technic Warzone!

Edited by Noise #0579
  • Upvote 4

I'll take Millenium again, with Light as his element and the Solar Axe as his weapon. The following are his new stats:

Strength: 4
Agility: 4
Toughness: 6

Mind: 7

Also, I'm probably going to revamp After Hours.

Edited by Canis Lycaon

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Mairanui: Since you can sponsor up to three fighters, you don't have to drop Nidhiki; your name has been added to the waiting list, and Onua will be yours to sponsor if he is not reclaimed by next Sunday.

Canis: Welcome to the Warzone! You have 20,000 W to prepare Millennia for battle. Do you wish to reclaim your other fighters, or can they be put up for grabs?

Well, Air-users can use their powers to keep themselves aloft and move around in mid-air, but this is a drain on their focus and makes it harder to do other things like attack and defend while "flying". It works, but not as well as the Kanohi Kadin.

Well, I didn't see any rules about multiple sponsors, so I didn't say anything. I'll take Virus in that case. (Not Pridak. I don't want to spread myself to thin.)

Strength: 2

Agility: 7

Tougness: 4

Mind: 8

Element of choice will be Lightning.

I'm open to any matches.

Edited by Canis Lycaon

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Sponsoring Flare again.

Stats are as follows:

Flare:

Strength: 1

Agility: 9

Toughness: 5

Mind: 6

Put Hahli and Core Hunter up for grabs. Flare will be open to matches as soon as this is approved.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Returning to sponsor Breez once again, with this stat distribution:

Strength: 6

Agility: 6
Toughness: 3
Mind: 6

With my 20,000 Widgets I'll first buy the Titan Gauntlets once more, -5,000W, a Staff of Elasticity, -8,000W, and the first Agility Session, -3,000 W.

20,000W

-8,000W

-5,000W

-3,000W

4,000W remain.

Breez final profile:

-Natalie Breez

Strength: start 1, current 6
Agility: start 5, current 7
Toughness: start 1, current 3
Mind: start 5, current 6
Powers and Items: Boomerangs, Elemental Air powers, Titan Gauntlets, Staff of Elasticity
Sponsor: Zakaro 

E: Forgot the extra stat point for Technic Coliseum returning, and I'd like to say that I do not have intentions at this time of taking Luna again. :)

Zakaro

Edited by Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Spree of shopping: 

One training session with Mr. Makuro (-3,000W)

Electric Atoms (-7,000W)

Ice Crystals (-5,000W)

15,000W

5,000W remains. 

Flare's weapon will be Flame Nunchaku. (spelling?) Because why not. 

I would like to re-sponsor Kopaka and Nocturn, I will have the modified stats for them posted later today

Also Pahr... I mean greninja I could not help but notice on the page for skakdi and barraki you have nocturns stats as

-Nocturn
Strength: start 5, current 21
Agility: start 2, current 21
Toughness: start 4, current 20
Mind: start 1, current 20

I am going to assume the whole current stats are incorrect and a simple copy an paste error?

Also as just for clarification, Does nocturn have both his upper tentacles or is this going off of the time after pridak bit one off?

EDIT: Actually I could not help but notice several fighters current stats are similar, for example Zaria, Takanuva, Chiara, and those are just the ones I have noticed other than nocturn.

UPDATE: Alrighty time for stat distribution
For kopaka 
Mind: +3
Agility: +4
Toughness: +2

Which should result in his stats looking like this

-Kopaka
Strength: start 3, current 3
Agility: start 1, current 5
Toughness: start 3, current 5
Mind: start 5, current 8

And now for Nocturn
Strength: +5
Toughness: +4

Strength: start 5, current 10
Agility: start 2, current 2
Toughness: start 4, current 8
Mind: start 1, current 1

And for his elements let's go with Plantlife again

Now for item purchase

Kadin and Axonn's axe

And I would like to purchase the following trainers
Kapura and Hiker Mike for Kopaka
And Ninja for Nocturn
And that should come out to 9000 widgets, at 3000 widgets a trainer, which brings my current total down to 5000

And think that is everything
Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Zakaro: Welcome to the Warzone!  Your purchases have been made, and Breez has been updated.

Canis: Virus’s stats have been updated, and the items have been added to your inventory.

Pulse: The items have been added to your inventory, and Flare’s stats have been updated.

Vox: Welcome to the Warzone!  You have 30,000 W to prepare your two fighters for battle.  Yes, those stats are errors, thank you for pointing that out—I’ll go fix it right away.  Nocturn only has one tentacle.

Reservation on Luna has been lifted

Zakaro: Welcome to the Warzone!  Your purchases have been made, and Breez has been updated.

Canis: Virus’s stats have been updated, and the items have been added to your inventory.

Pulse: The items have been added to your inventory, and Flare’s stats have been updated.

Vox: Welcome to the Warzone!  You have 30,000 W to prepare your two fighters for battle.  Yes, those stats are errors, thank you for pointing that out—I’ll go fix it right away.  Nocturn only has one tentacle.

Reservation on Luna has been lifted

Did you include the items I purchased in the post? I should have only 5,000 widgets left

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Vox: Sorry, I missed that.  The changes have been made.

No problemo.

And with that Nocturn and kopaka are open for matches

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I and Pulse have set up a match between Flare and Breez, donating 500W each, default arena. 

Time to open up this Warzone.  B-) 

Overview: Breez is behind Flare in the majority of her stats, by most 2 points worth, but she has a large Strength advantage which she'll need to exploit in order to prevail.

Items: Breez will obviously be bringing the Titan Gauntlets and Staff of Elasticity. 

Offense: Breez will begin by charging straight at Flare, and as he likely starts to rise into the air she'll air-blast him down and then herself forward,spinning around and using the Staff to increase the range of a momentum-powered, Titan Gauntlet'd punch to the face. Breez will continue by attempting to grab the Slizer and knee him, and then finish out the combo with a round-house kick. After that, Breez will take a second to recover, assaulting Flare from further away with her Boomerangs and concentrating on keeping him off-balance with her elemental abilities if he tries to fly. Finally, the Hero will attempt to finish off the battle by creating a suction-effect to pull Flare towards her and grab onto him, before wind-blasting him into the ground and ending it with a falling kick.

Defense: 

Flight: As stated previously, Breez's air powers will help to counter Flare's natural flying.

Fire projectiles: Assuming Flare's flight, use wind powers to jerk him just before he fires whenever possible as to disrupt his aim. Dodge from there. If already fired, dodge to one direction and attempt to divert another way with a breeze. 

Flaming ground: Keep moving, also applies to heating of the ground, etc.

Flame body: If in the early stages, use her Boomerangs to give Flare a good knock to the head, aided by the Titan Gauntlets. If at the finale, just bear it to finish things off. 

Ice Crystals: If used at the finale, assault Flare with a flurry of punches to counter act the added Toughness, using the Titan Gauntlets if possible. 

Electric Atoms: If any sign of being used if shown, build up and release a wind-blast as quickly as possible to try and ward off some of the incoming damage. 

Good luck to you, Pulse!

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Confirming match between Breez and Flare at 500W each in the default arena. Yay! First match!

FIGHTERS: Flare versus Breez (1v1/classic battle)

ITEMS: Electric Atoms, Ice Crystals

ARENA: Coliseum Arena

STRATEGY:

The first battle of the Technic Warzone! Flare starts by cartwheeling backwards as he ejects fire from his feet in Breez's general direction as a display. Once he is done cartwheeling backwards like a fool, Flare will charge at Breez and use his Electric Atoms to paralyze her temporarily, at which point he will make use of his Nunchaku and put the chain between the two ends around her arms, sending heat throw the Nunchaku into Breez's arms in an attempt to make her feel an agonizing burn to reduce the effectiveness of her arms. After that, he will try to use his Ice Crystals for temporarily increased toughness as the paralysis is about to wear off, and he's quite close to Breez. While it lasts, Flare will try to parry any of Breez's attacks with the Nunchaku and attempt to heat the ground below her once the Ice Crystals run out. He will then make use of his abilities of flight and take off into the sky, attempting to radiate flames to fulfil his dreams of becoming a literal flare. Except the next minute he will turn around and angle himself towards Breez on the ground like as if he was a heat seeking missile. When he finally reaches Breez, he will hold out his Nunchaku and attempt to hit Breez in the face with him as he passes by at a velocity too high for him to control since he's been diving in the direction of gravity and will likely crash into the ground, which is the end of  this strategy.

Breez vs Flare: Breez opens with a headlong charge that will send her right into Flare’s fire, and with the difference between Flare’s mind and Breez’s toughness, that’s going to hurt a lot.  While she does try to anticipate his use of Electric Atoms, his higher agility means he’ll probably cut her defensive maneuver short, letting him get in another good hit.  Breez will still put up a great fight, but this will put her at a reasonable disadvantage.  Her suction move will be able to redirect his dive, though, and once he crashes into the ground, she’ll be able to wail on him a bit—Flare won’t exactly be able to shrug it off, but he’ll probably have enough of a lead at this point that he’ll be able to turn the situation around.  Flare wins 2,500 W.

Mairanui: Nidhiki’s stats have been updated.

I'd like to re-sponser Tahu, Ackar and Mata Nui if that is ok. Also Mata Nui's power will be light once again.

The stats on the page are as followed:

Ackar:

Strength: start 4, current 4
Agility: start 2, current 2
Toughness: start 3, current 3

Mind: start 3, current 3

Tahu:

Strength: start 3, current 3

Agility: start 3, current 3
Toughness: start 4, current 4
Mind: start 2, current 2

Mata Nui: