• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Gates to Onu-Koro

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,776 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2014 - 06:29 PM

the_gates_to_onu-koro.png

This is an entry for the Strike up the Band "contest" or whatever it is. :P Comments and constructive criticism are always appreciated.

-Rez

Edited by Reznas, Jul 04 2014 - 01:25 AM.

rc_banner.png

#2 Offline Oroki

Oroki
  • Members
  • Toa

• 195 posts

Posted Jun 22 2014 - 11:17 PM

Nice! It really breathes. My favorite part is around 2:40, where it gets a little more upbeat. I like how the overal volume is so smooth and still naturally shaped, how did you do that?

#3 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Hunger Wild

• 5,631 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2014 - 01:31 AM

Download? :(

Apart from the depressing reality of a missing download button, this piece is quite awesome. I would say it fits the Metru Nui setting better though, due to its mechanical vibe, but it sounds nice nevertheless.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva, Jun 23 2014 - 01:31 AM.

#4 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,776 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2014 - 05:36 PM

Nice! It really breathes. My favorite part is around 2:40, where it gets a little more upbeat. I like how the overal volume is so smooth and still naturally shaped, how did you do that?

Thanks! I used compressors to keep the volume smooth, keep the sound from clipping and boost the volume, all of which while keeping most of the quality.

Download? :(

Apart from the depressing reality of a missing download button, this piece is quite awesome. I would say it fits the Metru Nui setting better though, due to its mechanical vibe, but it sounds nice nevertheless.

:P Well, at some point I may put it up for sale. 

Thanks! Maybe it should have a Metru Nui setting. I don't know. :shrugs: I naturally thought of Onu-Koro for some reason. :lol: Thanks again!

-Rez

rc_banner.png

#5 Offline Collector1

Collector1
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 279 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2014 - 11:14 PM

Great job on the track! Really captivates the beautiful caverns of Onu-Koro and Onu-Wahi while perfectly adding elements of electronic dance into the mix. Good luck on the contest!

#6 Offline Oroki

Oroki
  • Members
  • Toa

• 195 posts

Posted Jun 25 2014 - 03:14 AM

Thanks! I used compressors to keep the volume smooth, keep the sound from clipping and boost the volume, all of which while keeping most of the quality.

So it is compressed after all. Thanks :) You're pretty good at it.

#7 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,776 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2014 - 01:25 AM

A friend of mine generally helps me edit and master my pieces, so there's actually a new version of the piece uploaded now. 

-Rez

rc_banner.png

#8 Offline Oroki

Oroki
  • Members
  • Toa

• 195 posts

Posted Jul 04 2014 - 04:00 AM

A friend of mine generally helps me edit and master my pieces, so there's actually a new version of the piece uploaded now. 

-Rez

Considerable improvement. I hope you submitted this version to B6. You guys make a pro team.

#9 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,776 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 12:57 AM

-Rez

Considerable improvement. I hope you submitted this version to B6. You guys make a pro team.

Thanks! I did, in fact, submit this version. :)

-Rez

rc_banner.png

#10 Offline Jam Pot

Jam Pot
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 442 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 12 2014 - 01:39 PM

Not was I was expecting from the title, but this totally works! The piece is awesome. I never would have thought of using house for BIONICLE, but it works!

Blog|YouTube|Flickr

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations: GreenVampire Owls, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva, Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

#11 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,776 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 12 2014 - 02:01 PM

Not was I was expecting from the title, but this totally works! The piece is awesome. I never would have thought of using house for BIONICLE, but it works!

Thanks, man! I thought I'd through a bit of EDM into the Bionicle world. :)

-Rez

rc_banner.png

#12 Offline Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 512 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2014 - 09:52 AM

-Rez

Wow... just listened to this today. It's really good; professional quality, I'd say. Like others have mentioned, it doesn't really bring to mind Onu-Koro, but IMO, I doesn't really quite fit with Onu-Metru either. It's kind of a sad, meditative song, in a way; maybe Voya Nui?

I dunno. Anyway, well done. Really splendid job.

#13 Offline Emzee

Emzee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • BZPRPG Guru & Senior Staff

• 6,745 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 12:28 PM

This is a really crisp piece you've composed, Reznas. It's mastered pretty well. I'm also not sure how many would have thought to use trance for an Onu-Koro theme, so that makes your work stand out. Good job!

Ninjago Monster Contest: Ninjas IN SPACE

Click the link above for more information on this site-wide contest. 

(I hope you like free sets!)

#14 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,776 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 01:51 PM

Wow... just listened to this today. It's really good; professional quality, I'd say. Like others have mentioned, it doesn't really bring to mind Onu-Koro, but IMO, I doesn't really quite fit with Onu-Metru either. It's kind of a sad, meditative song, in a way; maybe Voya Nui?

I dunno. Anyway, well done. Really splendid job.

Thanks! I'm not sure about whether it would fit Voya Nui. Maybe? I tried to get kind of a dark feeling as if one were walking deep into the earth, and then the middle section kind of represents the beauty underneath.

Thanks again! :D

This is a really crisp piece you've composed, Reznas. It's mastered pretty well. I'm also not sure how many would have thought to use trance for an Onu-Koro theme, so that makes your work stand out. Good job!

Thanks! I try to master stuff as professionally as possible, so it's a real compliment to hear that. Well, it's always my hope to make my music stand out, so I guess it worked. :)

-Rez

rc_banner.png

#15 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,379 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 22 2014 - 01:12 PM

I really, really love the chord progression, especially starting at around 00:57. You've also created a great impression of space.

If there's something I would suggest, it would be to bring out the quivering kinds of sounds in the background starting at around 1:22. I can appreciate the subtlety, but in this case it just sounds too good. : P

Ninjas IN SPACE. Even I can't believe it.

@BZPowerQA.

chopin8199.

#16 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,776 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 22 2014 - 01:42 PM

I really, really love the chord progression, especially starting at around 00:57. You've also created a great impression of space.

If there's something I would suggest, it would be to bring out the quivering kinds of sounds in the background starting at around 1:22. I can appreciate the subtlety, but in this case it just sounds too good. : P

Related to the chord progression, I actually just randomly started playing it on the piano one day, and thus came this piece. :P I tried to make it sound pretty eerie. Guess it worked. =3

Yeah, the Trance bass is kind of quiet. I didn't want it overly emphasized, but it does seem kind of subtle.

Thanks!

-Rez

rc_banner.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users