Short Stories Contest #8: Title Twisters

Velox

Please do not ask for reviews here -- this topic is only to be used for questions or comments about the contest, or as a place to post your entry. If you want a review, go to the Critics Club; that's what it's there for.newso1.png

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Eep, a new contest!! I'm so tempted to enter... even though I really don't have time. *Sigh* Decisions.:kaukau: -JG

toaofthenewrepublicv2jx3.gif

Toa of the New Republic ~ The Collision of Two Worlds

The body of Orkham dangling from a vine. Shamiir’s corpse, his chest nearly split in half. One by one, the bodies of his friends and squad mates flashed by till he realized the horrible truth... They were all dead but two.

Guest Saya Moonshadow

Hm...I'd love to enter this...hopefully I'll have enough time to come up with something good.Now, which one to use as a theme...?Er, also, is there a word limit? I can get kind of wordy, particularly in the case of the idea that's currently swimming about in my brain...

Edited by Saya Moonshadow

Er, also, is there a word limit? I can get kind of wordy, particularly in the case of the idea that's currently swimming about in my brain...
There is no minimum or maximum word count for this contest. Just be reasonable' date=' please.[/quote']I believe this answers your question. =3-Inferna

Er, also, is there a word limit? I can get kind of wordy, particularly in the case of the idea that's currently swimming about in my brain...
There is no minimum or maximum word count for this contest. Just be reasonable' date=' please.[/quote']I believe this answers your question. =3-Inferna
That is correct.- 55555

Aaand the entry list has finally been updated. Let me know if there's any problems. And remember, there's still time to enter! :psychotwitch:Good luck everyone. newso1.png

Edited by Velox

Member Name: DARTHBRANDONEntry Name: DEEP INTO DARKNESShttp://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=2022Not sure how to make the link have the title in it, but this works too. :)

Edited by Darthbrandon

I'm BACK!!!!!!!!

PM me if you want your comics or movie's reviewed by a guy who loves Bum Reviews!

bum_review_spoof_new1.pngP.S. I am not Doug Walker, nor do I claim to be.

Dark709 Fanmovie CHECK OUT DARK709's COMICS AND MOVIES!

Darthbrandon14's "ESCAPE FROM DARKNESS", coming soon

IF YOU WANT TO GUEST STAR, PM ME ASAP! GIVE ME A "RAZOR" SPRITESHEET! DON'T POST IN MY COMICS!

new_comic_banner.gif

Member Name: DARTHBRANDONEntry Name: DEEP INTO DARKNESShttp://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=2022Not sure how to make the link have the title in it, but this works too. :)

You don't have to worry about this now, but for the future, an easy way to have a link in the text would be to type what you want to be in the link first, highlight it, and then click the "link" button and paste the URL in the box that comes up. Or, to do it the old-fashioned by-hand way:[ url="url here" ]Text you want[ /url ][without the spaces]For example:BZPower!
[url="http://www.bzpower.com"]BZPower![/url]
[but then you'd have to switch editing modes to BBCode, rather than the default preview setting, or else it won't work]Hope that helps. =]And @ Click, Ziko is correct -- by "unreasonable" I meant a story that would basically be considered a Novelette, of which from Wikipedia the word count is described as "between 7,500 and 17,499." Technically, also from Wikipedia, "the term short story most often refers to a work of fiction no longer than 20,000 words and no shorter than 1,000," but 20k is really quite long, especially for a contest where all the stories have to be read. In short: Over 20k would be quite unreasonable, and it'd be much preferred to be under 7,500 [which is a lot by itself]. So yes, 3-4k, words is fine. newso1.png Edited by Velox

Ahh, mine is actually 8000 and some change. Hope that's alright. :/

Yeah, no worries -- it's not a strict cut-off [unless your story was, say, like 30k then I might disqualify it for being unreasonably too long]. newso1.png

Member Name: Peach 00Entry Name: RebirthEntry Link: LinkI didn't say in advance I would be entering, but I hope this still counts.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Member Name: Peach 00Entry Name: RebirthEntry Link: LinkI didn't say in advance I would be entering, but I hope this still counts.

That's fine, you don't have to RSVP. :P

1. Ezorov2. Monsters in the Dark3. http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=2050I hope I did this right XD

You're good.37 entries woot.- 55555
37 entries? Argh. That's a lot of competition. I mean, I was hopeless about winning before, but now.... :P-ibrow

Indeed, indeed -- there's still time, guys!Also, check out the BZPowercast for the announcement of prizes! I unfortunately was unable to participate, due to the lack of a mic, but 5 5's and Nuju Metru had a fabulous segment instead, discussing the contest.newso1.png

Edited by Velox

Indeed, indeed -- there's still time, guys!Also, check out the BZPowercast for the announcement of prizes! I unfortunately was unable to participate, due to the lack of a mic, but 5 5's and Nuju Metru had a fabulous segment instead, discussing the contest.newso1.png

I can't really listen to it because my computer is dumb, so can you post the prizes here?-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Hmm... this has definitely become one of the largest writing contests on here, if I'm not mistaken. Good to see so much competition. Eager to see how the judges... well... judge. XP

I can't really listen to it because my computer is dumb, so can you post the prizes here?

The prizes are prototypes. (And, apparently, eternal glory.)
You have to say it right:ETERNAL GLORY!

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*