Short Stories Contest #8: Title Twisters

Velox

After talking it over with some trusted advisors, I have decided to make a command decision and edit the rule: You are now allowed to edit your story up to a half-hour after posting it without permission. This is to allow formatting errors to be fixed, as it is quite understandable that they will happen [especially with the new forums making copying/pasting things a little wonky at times], without having to have a bunch of people PMing me after they post their stories. Keep in mind that you will still have to PM me if you wish to edit your story after the half-hour mark. There should be no qualms about this because if you already posted your story and would wish to edit something, you can just PM me. Main post will be updated momentarily. newso1.png Edited by Toa_Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I don't know if this has already been answered, but I know it's been asked. I haven't seen a reply, but it could just be my moronic tendancies. Are we allowed to write songfics for this? Because I've been planning a Bad Apple one that could fit "An Exile's Tale".

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

I don't know if this has already been answered, but I know it's been asked. I haven't seen a reply, but it could just be my moronic tendancies. Are we allowed to write songfics for this? Because I've been planning a Bad Apple one that could fit "An Exile's Tale".

Yay, I'm happy :) This finally gives me an excuse to write. Are songfics allowed?

Yes. newso1.png

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Yay, I'm happy :) This finally gives me an excuse to write. Are songfics allowed?

Yes. newso1.png
Oh. Sorry. My bad. :) Thank you.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Member name: TolkienEntry name and link: The Coming of the Toa There 'tis. JRRT

Member name: Makuta DralcaxEntry: A Cold Light Dawns

Member Name: CederakEntry Name and Link: All That Glitters -Ced

Member Name: Tom Mc. IsraelEntry name and link: Before the Storm Also, does anyone know how to indent properly, like creating separate paragraphs and whatnot, on here? All my dialogue is really confusing, now... :dozingoff:

The previous four submissions have been updated to the list. If I missed one please let me know.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Member Name: ShyyrnEntry name and link: 12.5 Thank you! :) -Shyyrn

Updated.

Can I post multiple stories with comic names, and decide which I want to enter, at a later time?

You can write as many stories as you want, but the moment you submit one here, that is your entry.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Can I post multiple stories with comic names, and decide which I want to enter, at a later time?

You can write as many stories as you want, but the moment you submit one here, that is your entry.
Indeed. OmiShad, your story must be entered right when it is posted -- it would be unfair to allow you to receive replies first and then pick the story with the best reviews. Send them to a couple friends to see how they like it if you want, but if you post all of them in the SSs forum, you must choose your entry from the get-go, not after you receive replies. newso1.png Edited by Toa_Velox

So, All that Glitters and Rebirth? No, you'd have to just pick one. If the comic title was actually "part 1/part 2" then sure, but I don't think there are any like that. You can still center your story around both titles, but just make one a little more prominent and then make that your title. newso1.png

Are we allowed to do re-interpretations of actual events in canon? Like, say, re-writing a scene from one of the movies?

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Are we allowed to do re-interpretations of actual events in canon? Like, say, re-writing a scene from one of the movies?

As long as you don't make it too alike to the original, I suppose so -- you want to base it off canon, not plagiarize. :psychotwitch:

Would I be allowed to ask in my blog, which story idea I might do, would be best?

Sure, as long as you're not posting the whole stories [outlines or just your ideas are fine].

When you say that it should stay PG-13 friendly, you mean exactly what?

I mean it should be within BZP's rules -- no explicit sex, drugs, violence, etc. If you think a scene might be too much, it probably is, but you can send it to a contest assistant or host as long as it's not too long [so just send the scene, not the whole story] to make sure. Keep in mind this is a kid's forum, and I know it's hard to do that when writing [believe me, I very, very much so wish the rules could be more lenient for writing], but we gotta stay within the rules here.newso1.png Edited by Toa_Velox

Member name - Nuile: Crazy Writer

Good luck to all entrants. :) You'll need it. ;D If my literary skill is half of what my conceit is, ya'll stand no chance.

EDIT: Font fail.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

Edited by Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Member name: TNTOSEntry Name: The Triumph of the Toa-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

...Anymore reviews for my story '12.5,' please? I would appreciate the feedback! Thank you,Shyyrn(link is in my sig)

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."