I added Proposal 44 (since I can't edit per the rules and I made a mistake), so please second that instead!

EDIT: You mined 9 ores. First post to be updated shortly . . .

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

I had thought of the roleplay aspect, but I don't think that this goes too far, at least no further than other games in G&T. That rule is there to keep the BIONICLE RPG forum its own thing, and the contests there to be the only way to create a TBRPG.

The main point of a TBRPG (so far as I can tell) is to tell stories through the use of characters and interacting with others. The main point (currently) of this (evolving) game is to collect widgets, which we do through moving about our pawn/avatars and making them do various things. There is no story involved, no interaction between characters.

The games that straddle this line (but are still allowed) are the mafia games. They have a kind of story, some character interactions, but the point of them is that the characters involved don't really function as characters in a story would. They don't have their own arc, desires or backstory. They are only vessels, pawns, avatars for the players of the game. A mafia GM may write about The Lorax going down a dark alleyway and getting knifed by TheShadowVezon, but that doesn't make that game a text-based roleplay.

So to sum up, I can see why this proposal might smack a little of roleplay, but I don't think it breaks the forum rules against such and it should not be enough of a barrier to prevent the proposal becoming a rule.

ppg2.png

I do not consider The Lorax's proposals as breaking rules 1 or 2, being quite familiar with the debate. Anyone remember BZRepublic, which was temporarily shut down until I appealed? In any case, if I think a rule is crossing the line, I will certainly say something about it, and if the game as a whole does at some point, I am sure we will hear from staff as well. All proposals thus far, however, are perfectly in line with mafia, BZRepublic, and other strategy games we have had in this forum.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

First post updated.

EDIT: I am converting 5 ores into a suit of Armor.

Toarobat, if you look at the rule about the scary rahi, it says nothing about listing who has a rahi in the player list. That's because I removed that part, because if a player wants to kill or steal from another character, they would know if the character they're targetting has a scary rahi, and thus able to defend the attack, so they would target someone else. It's not really fair, so that's why I removed that part.

So could you please update the first post, or amend that particular rule ;) ? I'll probably attempt to amend it later, regardless because it lacks a bit of clarification.

2xu8Ptu.png

If 44 isn't fully instated yet, I'll add in two more.

Proposal 45:

When a player is killed, they may re-enter the game by choosing another BIONICLE character to be their avatar. They will begin with 0 widgets and regain none of the possessions they had before being killed.

Proposal 46: thematic

When a player is killed, their characters body and all of their possessions are taken to the Zakaz Morgue. Other players may then visit the Zakaz Morgue and remove up to 10 widgets worth of possessions to take for themselves. This keeps the resources cycling within the game, rather than having potentially useful items being lost. If a player re-enters the game with a new BIONICLE character, they are not prohibited from visiting the morgue to reclaim their own past-life possessions.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Mairanui, that is true. On the other hand, it doesn't say I can't list them in the first post, so there is nothing stopping me.

People can always just read back in the topic to find out who made a purchase, and I do have to keep track of it somewhere. Nevertheless, since it seems in my favor to be the only player with a list, I might go ahead and remove them. . .

Dapper-San, you mined 5 ores. The Lorax, 44 was not yet instated.

EDIT: I believe 46 would contradict 24, and since 24 has a lower number, it would win out. Best propose another one that amends 24 instead. Clearing my inbox. . .

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Mairanui, that is true. On the other hand, it doesn't say I can't list them in the first post, so there is nothing stopping me.

People can always just read back in the topic to find out who made a purchase, and I do have to keep track of it somewhere. Nevertheless, since it seems in my favor to be the only player with a list, I might go ahead and remove them. . .

Yeah I thought that also. I can keep track of it, if you want :).

Although, that would give an unfair advantage to me...

2xu8Ptu.png

How's this? Anyone who feels the need can keep their own private lists of scary rahi owners. This will probably include all of the owners, since we will be the ones who can use the information. It really shouldn't be that hard to keep track of. Anyone who can't be bothered keeping track will just have to miss every so often.

By the way, Toarobot, your PM inbox is full, and unable to receive any new messages. My tahtorak is getting restless.

ppg2.png

OK, since proposal 44 still needs its last seconding, Proposal 47 to amend Rule 24:

This:

24. To join the game, a member simply posts in the topic stating his intention to join the game and chooses his character (in accordance with Ironclad Rule 9). Then that member is a player and should be added to the list. If a player is eliminated from the game, his character and widgets are also eliminated from the game. However, he may start over by rejoining the game at any time and choosing a new character.

Changes to this:

24. To join the game, a member simply posts in the topic stating his intention to join the game and chooses his character (in accordance with Ironclad Rule 9). Then that member is a player and should be added to the list. If a player is eliminated from the game, his character is also eliminated from the game. However, he may start over by rejoining the game at any time and choosing a new character.

ppg2.png

Just so you all know, the rule provides no way to retract seconds, for a proposal passes when it "has been seconded" by three players. Whenever I have seen a second to a particular rule, I have recorded it, but I have not been removing seconds with retractions.

The Lorax received one widget for two players thinking he was worthy of the Great Beings due to his not-an-R.P.G. speech. One player also thinks he is worthy of the Great Beings due to his proposal of Rule 25.

nban.jpg

Proposal 49

Rule 18, immutable is now mutable. This is to allow changes in the goal.

Proposal 50

New rule 18. In order for a player to win the game, his character must have 200 Widgets and continue to possess 200 Widgets for a period of 48 hours [as well as 50 ore]. When a player has won the game, it is usually over, but the hosts may decide to continue or restart the game, in order to decide the runners-up or for other reasons.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

If Proposal 50 is intended to amend Rule 18, it is invalid, because as of the proposal time Rule 18 was immutable and proposals could not be made to amend it.

EDIT: Pupwa's proposals are actually 48 and 49. If 49 is an amendment and not a new rule, it is invalid. I am counting seconds above for 49 as actually for 48, below I will count them as toward 49.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

I am assuming Lhik didn't see my edit and counting his second for 49 as for 48.

EDIT: This means Proposal 48 has passed. Rule 18 is now renumbered 48 and is mutable. Proposal 49 may be re-proposed (as an amendment to 48) if it was intended as an amendment, which I assume was the case since otherwise it would have just been an almost-duplicate of 18. Acting on that assumption, I will also assume for now that there is no Proposal 49, since Proposal 49 as an amendment was invalid.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

50. If a player has said or done something Worthy of the Great Beings 5 times, they're character receives Awards of Honor, which gives them special privileges, such as mining twice per day and paying less for armor, as well as 5 widgets. Every time a player says or does something Worthy of the Great Beings every 5 times (10, 15, 20, so on), they are awarded 10 widgets. Similarly, if a player has said or done something Worthy of Teridax 5 times, their player is imprisoned and cannot second amendments and rules, mine, or create amendments and rules for 48 hours and are fined 5 widgets. A player's character get's imprisoned and fined every 5 times (10, 15, 20, so on) they do or say something Worthy of Teridax.

2xu8Ptu.png

Amendment to Rule 48.

New rule 18. In order for a player to win the game, his character must have 100 Widgets and continue to possess 100 Widgets for a period of 72 hours [as well as 50 ore]. When a player has won the game, a new game may be started, if the host so chooses. New games may carry over all the rules, or carry no rules over.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Wait, the game has started?

Um... I wish to mine for ores.

EDIT:

Amendment to Rule 48.

New rule 18. In order for a player to win the game, his character must have 100 Widgets and continue to possess 100 Widgets for a period of 72 hours [as well as 50 ore]. When a player has won the game, a new game may be started, if the host so chooses. New games may carry over all the rules, or carry no rules over.

I second this (would this be Proposal 51?)

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

Amakusa, you kave no widgets (you need one widget to mine).

Proposal 51 (Ehks's above is 50) to amend Rule 48:

In order for a player to win the game, his character must have 200 Widgets and continue to possess 200 Widgets for a period of 48 hours. When a player has won the game, it is usually over, but the hosts may decide to continue or restart the game in this topic, in order to decide the runners-up or for other reasons. If the hosts decide to continue the game, every player may choose one immutable or mutable rule from the current ruleset to strike from the rules. After all players have chosen one or opted not to choose one, or after 48 hours have passed, then players may each vote once between reverting to the starting ruleset or continuing with the existing rules, minus the rules that have been striken. Whichever option has the majority of the votes at the end of 48 hours is the new ruleset and then the game will continue.

nban.jpg

Proposal 52

This proposal will make the shop.

The shop will allow items of various use to be sold for a set amount of widgets.

Example

Fixed items.

Scary Rahi, 7, can kill 1.

M1911, 10, Can kill 2.

Rotating items

Something new.

Something new.

end example.

The shop keeper/host TR18 will be in charge of changing the rotating item list and can price them according.

Items can be added and removed on the fixed list via proposals.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

While Eliminator was walking around minding his own business, just like Eliminators usually don't, suddenly, a giant Tahtorak came out of nowhere! Eliminator cowered in fear at the sight of the giant lizard, expecting to die, but the lizard said, "Give me all five of your widgets!" Eliminator quickly complied, and the Tahtorak skipped away, widgets in claw.

nban.jpg