MSC-510S Gundam Heartbreaker

Makaru

14489895491_a966a1675e_c.jpg

14303125177_a393ee8ea4.jpg

[Flickr Gallery]

Pilot : Joanne Vasquez

Based on the OZ-16MS frame, the Heartbreaker unit is designed for long-range combat and scouting missions in deep space.

While lacking the active camouflage of most stealth units, the Heartbreaker is outfitted with tech to reduce the thermal emissions, rendering it very difficult to detect on most radar and scanning equipment.

The two smaller eyes are, while more compact, the standard GUNDAM optic system. The third pod is a prototype triangulation module hard-linked to the sniper rifle. This allows for precision accuracy at distances previously unreachable by other armor systems. It also is able to identify other suits, ships and armors out of combat range, making the suit unparalleled in scouting operations.

14488309214_7504ec7915.jpg

The Mobile suit is also equipped with twin beam sabers on the backpack. The sabers allow the suit to have a backup close quarters solution as the armor is quite a bit lower grade than most suits of equivalent size. What the suit lacks in defensive capabilities, however, it makes up for with speed and agility.

14302956969_ae1d85b508_z.jpg

The Unit boasts twin booster packs with stabilizers attached to the Twin Saber backpack. An additional center thruster also allows for silent maneuvering while scouting to reduce the thermal footprint.

Anyway, enough loser nerd specs. Credit to Micah for his inspiration and help with my entry, and to Rob for just being the lovable guy he is. My Gundam was designed to exist "in-canon" with Micah's OZ-16MS Cronius. I'm not pleased at all with the over-used hand design, but it's the one thing that works thematically and structurally. Sure hope you guys aren't tired of Gundams yet!!!
  • Upvote 5

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I'm so angry how can you be better than me

but realtalk this is some great work here. I especially like what you did with the face, and the jets on the back are pretty cool, too. The only thing tripping me up is that the things on the chest are the only yellow in the whole thing. I get that it's just an accent but it stands out in the wrong kind of way without any other little bits of yellow to back it up. I wish either you had other bits of yellow, or that they could be blue to match the jets or something.

tl;dr; 10/10 kutgw

• Upvote 1

I'm so angry how can you be better than me

but realtalk this is some great work here. I especially like what you did with the face, and the jets on the back are pretty cool, too. The only thing tripping me up is that the things on the chest are the only yellow in the whole thing. I get that it's just an accent but it stands out in the wrong kind of way without any other little bits of yellow to back it up. I wish either you had other bits of yellow, or that they could be blue to match the jets or something.

tl;dr; 10/10 kutgw

Let's not pretend I've always been good. I'm older in terms of Bionicle MOCers, and have a wealth of parts. Even this MOC has got its share of flaws. I just got better at taking pictures, really. You're already galaxies ahead of me with your experience.

I sat at my desk for HOURS trying to work together a good colour scheme. But after all was said and done, I couldn't find a workaround I liked more than full-on monochrome in time, so I ran with it. After the contest is over I will DEFINITELY look into blasting this with some better range. Personally, I wanna see how this looks in Blitz colours. The colours on this MOC are definitely the biggest issue with Heartbreaker right now.

Pretty awesome! But it looks like it has a lot of system. Does it fit the three-to-one ratio?

All the system is located to armor detailing and the head. The entire core and a deceivingly good chunk of the gun is technically technic pieces.

Shout out to contest host and BZP Admin Black Six for the approval on the blend.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 2

Spoiler Alert

I really like this.

The head and gun are arguably the best parts of this MOC. I like how you deviated from the standard Gundam head and went for this more sniper oriented design. And obviously that gun is gorgeous.

I do think this suffers from a lack of another color, and its sad you couldnt find something that could help (I did like the inclusion of green from the WIP though). The main problem is that because of monochromatic colors, it makes some areas seem cluttered and/or difficult to recognize, mostly since the jet-pack seems to muddle the front view. When you revisit it, might be good to have the jet-pack area be a different color, so that not only does it make people curious to see it (which they should! Since it does look great), but then it only enhances your MOC. 

The legs are a tad skinny for my liking, beefing up the knees and back of the thighs would fix it, since the lower legs only seem awkward because of the aforementioned areas. Some HF 2.0 or 1.0 feet instead of the rahkshi feet would be a nice substitute here, I think the 2.0 might work better, in this case. They'd also help make building some better ankle armor an easier task.

Overall this is really cool, and the fact that my attention is immediately drawn to that awesome gun is a big plus.

Great entry. Good luck in the contest!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The head and gun are arguably the best parts of this MOC. I like how you deviated from the standard Gundam head and went for this more sniper oriented design. And obviously that gun is gorgeous.

The Gundam head, while mostly an original idea, stems almost solely from the Dynames. Another Sniper-focused design, but instead the crest pulls down and reveals a third optic. It was such a cool idea, I really wanted to emulate that idea, but not copy it.

So instead I copied Kopaka.

I do think this suffers from a lack of another color, and its sad you couldnt find something that could help (I did like the inclusion of green from the WIP though). The main problem is that because of monochromatic colors, it makes some areas seem cluttered and/or difficult to recognize, mostly since the jet-pack seems to muddle the front view. When you revisit it, might be good to have the jet-pack area be a different color, so that not only does it make people curious to see it (which they should! Since it does look great), but then it only enhances your MOC. 

Colors, again, are a HUGE issue. The black really muddles with the jetpack and my first priority after the contest is to fix it. The green wound up not working for me because you're basically looking at all the green I own that would work on that MOC in the WIP.

The legs are a tad skinny for my liking, beefing up the knees and back of the thighs would fix it, since the lower legs only seem awkward because of the aforementioned areas. Some HF 2.0 or 1.0 feet instead of the rahkshi feet would be a nice substitute here, I think the 2.0 might work better, in this case. They'd also help make building some better ankle armor an easier task.

Ditto. I really want to mess around with the feet. However, like the stubborn fool I am, I'm really married to the thin legs. I wanted to make a Gundam that was slender and agile and noticeably unarmored. I might work on adding some pieces to the legs in the future, though.

Edited by Makaru

Spoiler Alert

• 2 months later...

Needs a red chin.

I tried the red chin, and many other colours. But all it does is draw attention to the fact that aside from the eyes, the face is actually put together quite poorly.

Oh, hmm.

Well, maybe you could give it an OZ MS square lens face instead? Considering the design family and so forth.

Tumblr: Where facts and logic go to die.