So remember that one time that I said I was gone for good? When I made a melodramatic exit post commemorating all of you for your friendship? When I said that I was "signing out for the last time?"

Well, I'm like Brett Favre, man. Or Michael Jordan. I just don't when to stay retired.

Seriously, though, I am coming back one last time because, as it turns out, I have the free time available and because this is a game idea that I have been considering for a while now. So, without further ado allow me to introduce you to...
bcl.png
B I O N I C L E   C O M B A T   L E A G U E

OVERVIEW
This game is meant to imitate a fantasy sports experience. So, players will create their franchises, complete with logos and team colors, and then draft players into their franchise with a specific strategy in mind. They will then go through a regular season of games, playing each other team in the league once. This means that each team will have seven games in the regular season. The four teams with the best records will then play in the playoffs, tournament-style, where they will play a best-of-3 series against each opponent they face. The team that wins the playoffs will be named the BCL Champions! 

COMBAT
First, let's get some terminology cleared up. In this game, you are the owner of a team. The Bionicle (or BZPower) characters that play on your team are called 'players.' So, when I'm talking about you, I'm talking about owners. When I talk about the characters you control, I'm talking about 'players.' Hopefully, this will minimize confusion as you read the rules.

Anyways, combat in this game is handled entirely by RNG (random number generation). If you look at the stats next to a player's name, you'll notice a box that has two numbers in it (e.g. [ +8 / +12 ]). These two numbers represent the potential point outputs a player can have. The number on the left is the minimum number of points a player can put out. The number on the right is the maximum number of points a player can put out. So, in the example provided, the player will put out anywhere from 8 points to 12 points per game.

When a game is played, the owners of the two teams that are playing each other will PM me the lineups for their teams. Each team has a 7-man roster, but only 4 of those players are allowed to play per game. So, before a game, both of the owners will PM me the 4 players who are playing that particular game.

Why mix up lineups? Why not just play the same 4 "best" players every game? Well, this is where weaknesses and affinities come in. Remember when I told you about the points, and how there is a minimum and a maximum for each player? Those numbers can be tampered with.

Let's start with weaknesses. Let's say you have a player in your lineup who is weak against Fire. He faces an opposing lineup with two players who have an affinity for Fire. For each opposing player with an affinity for Fire, your player's point value will be affected by -1 to -3 points. So, your player could end up performing worse than his minimum point output.

There are also affinities. Let's say you have three players on your team with a common affinity (in this example, Ice). Each player in your lineup with an affinity for Ice will be boosted +1 to +3 points per every other player in your lineup with an affinity for Ice. So, your players could end up performing better than their maximum potential output.

This is why it is worth it to tinker with your lineups, so as to avoid having your weaknesses exploited by other teams, and to exploit other teams' weaknesses. 

In conclusion, I will use RNG and the aforementioned weaknesses and affinities to come up with point totals for each team. The team with the highest point total wins! In case of a tie, victory goes to the team that picked later on in the draft.

SCHEDULE
There will be seven 'Game Days' in the regular season. On each Game Day there will be four games, with two teams playing in each game. Game Days will occur every 48 hours. In the time before Game Days, team owners should PM me with their lineup selections for the next game.

At the end of the regular season, the four teams with the best records will advance to the playoffs. What if there are multiple teams with the same record? In that case, the team that made its draft picks later will win the tiebreaker. So let's say Team 5 drafted before Team 6. If they both end up with the same record, Team 6 wins the tiebreaker.

The playoffs are similar to the regular season. In the semifinals (which is the first round of the playoffs), teams will engage in a best-of-3 series with their opponents. The first team to 2 wins wins the series and advances to the finals. The finals is also a best-of-3 series. The first team to 2 wins in the finals wins the BCL championship. 

REGISTRATION
Okay, this is where things get dicey. Because of the complicated nature of the game, as well as the effort required from me as GM, I am limiting the game to 8 teams, which means 8 owners. Which means only 8 people can play. This is going to be on a first come, first served basis. Please, only apply if you have the time / dedication to see this game through. Or, if you join but later need to pull out, please find someone willing to take over management of your franchise. Below is the registration form required for you to join.

Owner Name: (Your BZP username)
Team Name: (Self-explanatory)
Team Colors: (One primary, one secondary and possibly one tertiary if you desire)
Team Logo: (Must be an actual image, not just a description of the logo. However, this image can be as unprofessional as you need it to be)
Team Roster: (You will fill this out as you draft players)

TEAMS
Red indicates playoff teams.
2. Ta-Metru Tahtoraks (Owner: Burnmad) Record: 6-1
3. Bionicle Strikers (Owner: Blade) Record: 4-3
4. Metru-Nui Time Force (Owner: Portalfig) Record: 4-3
5. The Robotic Toa (Owner: Toarobot18) Record: 5-2
6. The Oncoming Storm (Owner: ShadowVezon) Record: 4-3
7. Team Chryptic (Owner: Chro) Record: 2-5
8. Enlightened Shadows (Owner: Voxumo) Record: 0-7

THE DRAFT
So how do you go about drafting players to be on your team? Well, it's on a first come, first served basis. The first team to register can immediately choose its first draft pick. However, it must then wait for the other 7 teams to choose their picks before it can pick again. We will then continue in that order until all available players have been drafted. There are 56 players available, so there is exactly enough for 7 per team.

After the draft, teams may trade players up until the postseason. However, these trades must be 1-to-1 and must be mutually agreeable. So, one player cannot be traded for two or more players, and no trade can occur without mutual consent.

Players in red are drafted players and are unavailable to be picked. (ALL PLAYERS DRAFTED)

Tahu [ +10 / +16 ] (Weakness: Water; Affinity: Fire)
Gali [ +12 / +14 ] (Weakness: Fire; Affinity: Water)
Lewa [ +12 / +15 ] (Weakness: Stone; Affinity: Air)
Kopaka [ +11 / +16 ] (Weakness: Earth; Affinity: Ice)
Onua [ +13 / +14 ] (Weakness: Ice; Affinity: Earth)
Pohatu [ +10 / +15 ] (Weakness: Air; Affinity: Stone)
Makuta [ +8 / +18 ] (Weakness: Light; Affinity: Darkness)
Takanuva [ +14 / +14 ] (Weakness: Darkness; Affinity: Light)
Krakua [ +13 / +15 ] (Weakness: Sonics; Affinity: Sonics)
Vezon [ +4 / +21 ] (Weakness: Light; Affinity: Insanity {Vezon's baseline moves from +4 to +8 when no two fighters on his team's lineup have the same affinity})
Axonn [ +15 / +16 ] (Weaknesses: Darkness, Ice; Affinity: Strength)
Vakama [ + 7 / +15 ] (Weakness: Water; Affinity: Fire)
Nokama [ +11 / +12 ] (Weakness: Fire; Affinity: Water)
Onewa [ +8 / +14 ] (Weakness: Air; Affinity: Stone)
Matau [ +9 / +13 ] (Weakness: Stone; Affinity: Air)
Whenua [ +10 / +13 ] (Weakness: Ice; Affinity: Earth)
Nuju [ +11 / +12 ] (Weakness: Earth; Affinity: Ice)
Lhikan [ +11 / +13] (Weakness: Darkness; Affinity: Fire)
Jovan [ +6 / +16 ] (Weakness: Water; Affinity: Magnetism)
Lesovikk [ +8 / +14 ] (Weakness: Strength; Affinity: Air)
Lariska [ +12 / +12 ] (Weakness: Light; Affinities: Darkness, Poison)
Jaller [ +9 / +10 ] (Weakness: Water; Affinity: Fire)
Hahli [ +8 / +11 ] (Weakness: Fire; Affinity: Water)
Hewkii [ +8 / +11 ](Weakness: Air; Affinity: Stone)
Kongu [ +7 / +12 ] (Weakness: Stone; Affinity: Air)
Nuparu [ +7 / +12 ] (Weakness: Ice; Affinity: Earth)
Matoro [ +5 / +17 ] (Weakness: Earth; Affinity: Ice)
Kohrak-Kal [ +6 / +13 ] (Weakness: Fire; Affinity: Sonics)
Keetongu [ +10 / +10 ] (Weakness: Poison; Affinity: Light)
GregF [ +9 / +10 ] (Weakness: None; Affinity: Storytelling)
Norik [ +6 / +10 ] (Weakness: Water; Affinity: Fire)
Gaaki [ +8 / +8 ] (Weakness: Fire; Affinity: Water)
Pouks [ +7 / +9 ] (Weakness: Air; Affinity: Stone)
Iruini [ +6 / +10 ] (Weakness: Stone; Affinity: Air)
Bomonga [ +8 / +8] (Weakness: Ice; Affinity: Earth)
Kualas [ +7 / +9 ] (Weakness: Earth; Affinity: Ice)
Krekka  [ +4 / +12 ](Weaknesses: Air; Affinity: Strength)
Black Six [ +7 / +8 ] (Weakness: Insanity; Affinity: Order)
Nikila [ +7 / +9 ] (Weakness: Sonics; Affinity: Lightning)
Nidhiki [ +5 / +11 ] (Weakness: Light; Affinity: Poison)
Dume [ +3 / +10 ] (Weakness: Water; Affinity: Fire)
Helryx [ +5 / +8 ] (Weakness: Fire; Affinity: Water)
Pahrak [ +4 / +9 ] (Weakness: Air; Affinity: Stone)
Lehvak [ +5 / +8 ] (Weakness: Stone; Affinity: Air, Acid)
Zaria [ +6 / +7 ] (Weakness: Ice; Affinities: Earth, Iron)
Kohrak [ +4 / +9] (Weakness: Earth; Affinity: Ice)
Naho [ +5 / +5 ] (Weakness: Fire; Affinity: Water)
Avak [ +4 / +6 ] (Weakness: Air; Affinity: Stone)
Zaktan [ +5 / +5 ] (Weakness: Stone; Affinity: Air)
Reidak [ +3 / +7 ] (Weakness: Ice; Affinities: Earth)
Varian [ +2 / +8 ] (Weakness: Earth; Affinity: Ice, Psionics)
Tahnok [ +2 / +6 ] (Weakness: Water; Affinity: Fire)
Tuyet [ +4 / +4 ] (Weakness: Fire; Affinity: Water)
Nuhvok [ +1 / +7 ] (Weakness: Ice; Affinity: Earth)
bonesii [+3 / +5 ] (Weakness: None; Affinity: Storytelling)
InnerRayg [ +4 / +5 ] (Weakness: None; Affinity: Spritemaking)

FAQ
Since this game is a bit more complex than the average G&T experience, I am making this section to deal with questions that arise or questions that I anticipate regarding the rules.
Edited by Fighty

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

This looks glorious. Please sign me up, and I'll edit with my team profile shortly.

Owner Name: Mairanui

Team Name: Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia

Team Colors: Primary- Blue, Secondary- Green, Tertiary- Red-purple

Team Logo: LINK

Team Roster:

I. Axonn

II. Keetongu

III. Nokama

IV. Onewa

V. Gali

VI. Naho

VII. Tuyet

Edited by Mairanui

2xu8Ptu.png

In.

Owner Name: Burnmad
Team Name: Ta-Metru Tahtoraks
Team Colors: Red, black
Team Logo: Here.
Team Roster:
1. Tahu [+10 / +16] (Weakness: Water; Affinity: Fire)
2. Takanuva [+14 / +14] (Weakness: Darkness; Affinity: Light)
3. Lhikan [+11 / +13] (Weakness: Darkness; Affinity: Fire)
4. Vakama [+7 / +15] (Weakness: Water; Affinity: Fire)
5. Jaller [+9 / +10] (Weakness: Water; Affinity: Fire)
6. Pahrak [+4 / +9] (Weakness: Air; Affinity: Stone)
7. Reidak [+3 / +7] (Weakness: Ice; Affinity: Earth)

- :burnmad:

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

I'll post my logo when I get back to my laptop, if that's alright, but...

Owner Name: Blade

Team Name: Bionicle Strikers

Team colors: Primary: Green, Secondary: Black, Tetriary: Silver

Team Logo: Link here

Team Roster:

1. Tuyet

2. Nikila

3. Pohatu

4. Naho

5. Varian

6. Black Six

7. InnerRayg

I'm gonna draft Lewa for this round. =P

Edited by Colette Llyan

goodbye any free time

fighty you have a knack for doing this, don't you? I finally start not being overwhelmed with everything I have to do, then new fighty game and my life is gone!  xD

Member Name: Portalfig

Team Name: Metru-Nui Time Force

Team Colors: Orange, Black, Red

Team Logo: Here

Team Roster:

Vezon

Krakua

Whenua

Bomonga

Hahli

Pouks

Nuhvok

Edited by Portal Nuvia

goodbye any free time

fighty you have a knack for doing this, don't you? I finally start not being overwhelmed with everything I have to do, then new fighty game and my life is gone!  xD

Member Name: Portalfig

Team Name: Metru-Nui Time Force

Team Colors: Orange, Black, Red

Team Logo: (just a sec was making it then everyone else joined and I want a spot dangit)

Team Roster: tba

Well, hopefully this game won't take up too much of your free time. I tried to design it to maximize efficiency, so that it doesn't require too much of me or you, the players. But we'll see how it goes. :P

Also, feel free to make your first pick, Portalfig. And Burnmad you have successfully drafted Tahu.

Owner Name: Toarobot18
Team Name: The Robotic Toa
Team Colors: White, Gray, Blue
Team Logo: Here
Team Roster:

1. Matoro
2. Kopaka
3. Dume
4. Kualas
5. Nuju
6. Tahnok
7. Kohrak

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

News live from Robotia . . .

The Robotic Toa Announce Their New Logo

Toarobot18 released before the public and press today what he calls an example of the "exemplar" professionalism that will characterize his newly formed team, The Robotic Toa, in the Bionicle Combat League. During the announcement the audience seemed less than impressed by the logo, but Toarobot18 assured the crowd that while a better logo would come soon enough, he believed it was his responsibility to produce a simple, but workable logo for the team to use during the draft and perhaps even its first season.

the_robotic_toa_logo.png

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

Oh man. This seems fun, but also massively time-comsuming. Not sure whether to sign up... XD

It just depends on how much time you want to devote to strategizing. The actual gameplay (PMing me your team's lineups for each game, drafting, trading, etc.) shouldn't take very long. 

All right, I'll join.

Owner Name: ShadowVezon

Team Name: The Oncoming Storm

Team Colours: Black, Silver

Team Roster:

1. Lariska [+12/+12] (Weakness: Light; Affinities: Darkness, Poison)

2. Onua [+13/+14] (Weakness: Ice; Affinity: Earth)

3. Kohrak-Kal [+6/+13] (Weakness: Fire; Affinity: Sonics)

4. Lehvak [+5/+8] (Weakness: Stone; Affinity: Air, Acid)

5. Nuparu [+7/+12] (Weakness: Ice; Affinity: Earth)

6. Zaria [+6/+7] (Weakness: Ice; Affinity: Earth, Iron)

7. Zaktan [+5/+5] (Weakness: Stone; Affinity: Air)

Edited by TwilightVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

I wish my camera was still working. Then I'd take a picture of my MOC and use it for the logo. But alas, one of my cameras is broken, the other is rubbish, and my 3DS's charger died.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Alright, fine. I can't resist this - seems way too fun.

Now introducing...

Team Chryptic

14335592778_3d42a57629_b.jpg

Owner: Chro

Colors: Purple, white, dark blue

Team Roster:

1. Jovan

2. Makuta

3. Lesovikk

4. Iruini

5. Kongu

6. Avak

7. bonesiii

Edited by ChroXumo

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I would like to register! I am getting my team details in order

Update: Team Details

Owner Name: Voxumo (VoxuChro)
Team Name: Enlightened Shadows
Team Colors: Primary: Purple Secondary: Black Tertiary: Ice-Blue
Team Logo: This quickly made logo
Team Roster: 

1. GregF  [ +9 / +10 ] (Weakness: None; Affinity: Storytelling)
  2. Gaaki [ +8 / +8 ] (Weakness: Fire; Affinity: Water)
  3. Krekka  [ +4 / +12 ](Weaknesses: Air; Affinity: Strength)
  4. Nidhiki [ +5 / +11 ] (Weakness: Light; Affinity: Poison)
  5. Hewkii [ +8 / +11 ](Weakness: Air; Affinity: Stone)
  6. Norik [ +6 / +10 ] (Weakness: Water; Affinity: Fire)
  7. Helryx [ +5 / +8 ] (Weakness: Fire; Affinity: Water)
Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Okay, sorry I haven't responded yet. I'm on mobile, so I'll edit your team into the first post later on.

Just wanted to post reminding you all that the league is closed and the draft is now fully underway. Once Vox makes his first pick, the order of drafting will proceed as follows.

1. Mairanui
2. Blade
3. Burnmad
4. Portalfig
5. Toarobot18
6. ShadowVezon
7. Chro
8. Voxumo

You all will take turns making draft picks until all draft prospects have been claimed. If that takes too long, then after the fourth or fifth pick the remaining prospects may be auto-drafted. But hopefully this will go fairly quickly. :)

Edited by Fighty

and it can be anyone on the roster right? because if so, i shall like to choose GregF as my first player pick

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.