BBC Contest #68 Preliminary Poll Rei

BBC Contest #68 Preliminary Poll Rei  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Preliminary Poll Rei

BBC Contest #68: Get in the Robot!

Here we are... it's the first round of voting for BBC Contest #68: Get in the Robot!

Two entries from each poll will advance, as well as two overall wildcards.

Preliminary Voting begins June 27th and ends June 30th at 11:59 P.M. EST.

Final Voting begins August 2nd and ends August 3rd at 11:59 P.M. EST.

The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on August 4th

---------------------------------------------------------

BZP Rules and Guidelines

---------------------------------------------------------

1. c68_20.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> AR-4CH

2. mbkhjji.png_thumb.jpg >>> OZ-16MS Gundam Cronius

3. sunset00.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> MS-026 Sunset Gundam

4. c68_13.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Robot Fanatic Exo-Suit

5. c68_07.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Jaller's Flame Mech

6. c68_23.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Project Galaxy

7. c68_27.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> T203 "Crowd control"

8. c68_15.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Kalmah's Conquest Exo

• Upvote 3
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Not crazy about any of the entries here. #2 and #3 are good MOCs, though they are arguably just humanoids. They are not creative designs for ridden robots/armor. #8 seems to resemble that idea best, though I wish the picture was clearer. But it still gets my vote.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

#2 and #3 are good MOCs, though they are arguably just humanoids. They are not creative designs for ridden robots/armor.

Both of these MOCs are based on a source material of Pilotable Mecha called Gundam. A series that belongs to a genre that the contest is inspired by. While not actually having a "compartment", they do a fine job of representing the contest theme.

I voted for Cronius, BTB, for the inclusion of an actual pilot and a generally more consistent style through the build. #1 was excellent as well, though fell a little too far from the "Humanoid Mech Suit" aspect.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Not crazy about any of the entries here. #2 and #3 are good MOCs, though they are arguably just humanoids. They are not creative designs for ridden robots/armor. #8 seems to resemble that idea best, though I wish the picture was clearer. But it still gets my vote.

Tufi explicitly stated that the entries must be humanoid (or at least very close to being so, being bipeds and such), so you cannot knock the participants for following the rules.

Also, what Makaru said. And that the scale of Gundams (in respect to their pilots) that would be needed to actually fit a pilot (a minifig I assume) would be too large to be practical, and arguably make even the process of properly photographing the entry a difficult task. You cannot fault the builders for being sensible and realistic, because they wished to stick closer to the actual source material (which the contest actually encourages) than having a physical pilot.

Edited by Lord Oblivion

Had to null mine here. No particular favorite in this topic, with some entries really standing out but ending up not getting my vote because of my ridiculously high standards. 

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

@Makau:

I didn't say they violated the rules, nor called for them to be disqualified. I just stated the reason why I preferred another MOC, which I thought was the best--not the only--MOC that conformed to the requirements.

@Lord Oblivion:

You also cannot discredit the builders who managed to include a cockpit; the contest also encourages creativity. And technically, anyone can fault or credit MOCs for whatever they want. It is fine to judge a MOC by either aesthetic or creative standards; whatever our tastes prefer.

@Makau:

I didn't say they violated the rules, nor called for them to be disqualified. I just stated the reason why I preferred another MOC, which I thought was the best--not the only--MOC that conformed to the requirements.

Oh no! I know that's not what you meant. I just wanted to clarify what the nature of the contest was in lieu of the criticism.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

@Makau:

Oh no! I know that's not what you meant. I just wanted to clarify what the nature of the contest was in lieu of the criticism.

Alright, glad we understand each other now.  :)

I was between 1 and 2, but Micah's gundam seemed more in the spirit of the contest, Felix's entry doesn't really come across as a piloted mecha to me. Plus I think making such a great gundam must have been pretty tough!

Ya know, I never thought about it, but Felix's really doesn't seem like a piloted mecha. Hmmmm... Guess it is just a matter of opinion on that one

I think we need to display bigger pictures here. When I look at all these entries I cannot really see all the cool details or appreciate them fully.

Edited by keiththelegokid
Want to join a Bionicle RP with seasoned RPers, vast amounts of topics to post in, and a Wikia to make it easy to get involved?

Come on over to Gen1RP.  :smilenuju:

I think we need to display bigger pictures here. When I look at all these entries I cannot really see all the cool details or appreciate them fully.

You can click the pictures to view larger versions.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET