New news about LOMN from the creators

Fry

I am now in direct contact with many of the original developers of LOMN. For the sake of anonimity (can't have everybody spamming them) lets call the first one Pohatu.

Pohatu told me that the game was canceled mainly for budget reasons. NOT the glitches. They could have fixed those glitches in a week max. "911 didn't help the economy either" so those people who claimed that 911 had some role to play in this were right. He reffered me to some other people who might the a copy of the game but thats a "work in progress"...

Please post questions and I will answer them.

Edited by PrismWind
  • Upvote 13

This is huge! I myself am very excited!

Q: Is there a realistic chance that the game (as far as it is) will be avaliable for the public? Or would that spawn copyright stuffs? And also, how about the fan-made remake of the game currently in development? Is that okay with Lego?

• Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Q: Is there a realistic chance that the game (as far as it is) will be avaliable for the public? Or would that spawn copyright stuffs? And also, how about the fan-made remake of the game currently in development? Is that okay with Lego?

I suppose that there is a chance that it might be released. I need to get the copy first. :3

Edited by PrismWind
  • Upvote 3

I suppose that there is a chance that it might be released. I need to get the copy first. :3
WHAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY GRT THE COPY OF LOMN SERIOUSLY LEGENDS OF FREAKING MATA NUI ARE YOU LIKE RICH OR SOMETHING OR DO YOU SECRETLY WORK FOR LEGO

But seriously, that's great news. Like an unreleased game of a discontinued toy line selling again, wow(congrats, really). If it is going to be released(if there is even a small chance), will you know when?

WHAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY GRT THE COPY OF LOMN SERIOUSLY LEGENDS OF FREAKING MATA NUI ARE YOU LIKE RICH OR SOMETHING OR DO YOU SECRETLY WORK FOR LEGO

But seriously, that's great news. Like an unreleased game of a discontinued toy line selling again, wow(congrats, really). If it is going to be released(if there is even a small chance), will you know when?

I think that you have misunderstood, leaked is a better word.

Edited by PrismWind

Calm down- he didn't say that he could get a copy, or even that there was a slightly better chance that he'd be able to get one. He said that he'd need to get a copy first. Anyone would need to get a copy first. His chances might be better now that he is conversing with Pohatu, but as far as I know, he's still no more as capable of getting a copy than anyone else in the fandom.

PrismWind, could you ask Pohatu if he knows of any owners of beta CDs for the game, other than Deep Brick? Did Mark Kendall own a beta CD? If you haven't already asked, it would be nice to confirm that.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew
  • Upvote 3

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Calm down- he didn't say that he could get a copy, or even that there was a slightly better chance that he'd be able to get one. He said that he'd need to get a copy first. Anyone would need to get a copy first. His chances might be better now that he is conversing with Pohatu, but as far as I know, he's still no more as capable of getting a copy than anyone else in the fandom.

PrismWind, could you ask Pohatu if he knows of any owners of beta CDs for the game, other than Deep Brick? Did Mark Kendall own a beta CD? If you haven't already asked, it would be nice to confirm that.

Mark Kendell doesn't, he is just the chairmen of the board of Saffire. I did ask him who else and he referred me to several other people who probably have a copy.

Edited by PrismWind
  • Upvote 1

By the way, Pohatu says that the game was about 80% COMPLETE

I am now communicating with someone who, lets call TrashBoat. He has told me that he personally did not like the game as it wasn't "super good yet" He is confused as to why I am looking for a game that "was very broken".

I asked him about the last level and he told me that it was a talk between the Toa and the Makuta. It resembles the gameplay videos online where Onua talks with the Tohunga and the Turaga. The Makuta gets upset and attacks you with his tenticals. If you've ever played Lego Star Wars, you could swap between Toa the way that you could swap between players in LSW. When the Makuta's health is low, each Toa uses their super elemental blasts (which costs a lot of Vuato Berries) and "kill"him. Then you go into the vault and activate the beacon. 

...Oh, and Lego got a new build of the game every week...

More news to come :D

Edited by PrismWind
  • Upvote 2

I am calm. :P I was being overly sarcastic because I still find it hard to believe that they would actually sell this. No, I still think that PrismWind may get his hands on a copy of the game, I just strongly doubt that the game would still be released.

I am now communicating with someone who, lets call TrashBoat :3. He has told me that he personally did not like the game as it wasn't "super good yet" He is confused as to why I am looking for a game that "was very broken". I asked him about the last level and he told me that it was a talk between the toa and makuta. If you have seen the gameplay videos online where onua talks with the tohunga and the turaga, It was like that. Makuta gets ###### and attacks you with his tenticals. If youve ever played lego star wars, you could swap through toa like you could swap between players. When makutas health is low, each toa uses their super elemental blasts (which costs alot of vuato berries) and kill him. Then you go into the vault and activate the beakon. 

Oh and lego got a new build of the game every week.

Dude... just awesome. How did you find these two people involved in the game ?  :o

I am now communicating with someone who, lets call TrashBoat :3. He has told me that he personally did not like the game as it wasn't "super good yet" He is confused as to why I am looking for a game that "was very broken". I asked him about the last level and he told me that it was a talk between the toa and makuta. If you have seen the gameplay videos online where onua talks with the tohunga and the turaga, It was like that. Makuta gets ###### and attacks you with his tenticals. If youve ever played lego star wars, you could swap through toa like you could swap between players. When makutas health is low, each toa uses their super elemental blasts (which costs alot of vuato berries) and kill him. Then you go into the vault and activate the beakon.

Oh and lego got a new build of the game every week.

Dude... just awesome. How did you find these two people involved in the game ? :o

I found most of the staff... lol Lets just say... It took a while.

Edited by PrismWind

Okay, thanks for bringing attention back to this game.

However, I'd like it if you could post the actual conversations beyond yourself and whichever people you're talking to. (With their names removed if necessary.)

I ask this because - whilst I don't think you're outright making it up - this feels a bit too good to be true, and also I'd be far more interested in the developers' own words than someone else's summary of them.

Okay, thanks for bringing attention back to this game.

However, I'd like it if you could post the actual conversations beyond yourself and whichever people you're talking to. (With their names removed if necessary.)

I ask this because - whilst I don't think you're outright making it up - this feels a bit too good to be true, and also I'd be far more interested in the developers' own words than someone else's summary of them.

Alright, when I'm done talking to trashboat, I'll post the conversations. Let me assure you that I have told nothing but the truth: I am in direct contact with a bunch of Devs.

By the way people, Mark Kendell doesn't have the game, all he was was the Chairman of the Board. Also, I am now trying to get into contact with Mark Durham. Trashboat thinks that the gameplay videos are very old videos of a Safire data wrangler trying to expose bugs.

No beta test took place, no demos in Toa cans, no kids have a beta.

The only people who can possibly have a game are either someone with access to Saffire or Lego. That leads to the question: where do the videos come from? Trashboat said that it is possible that someone in 2010 uploaded the gameplay, but that it was more probable that it's just an old test video. Notice how when you at the start of the "menu" video, the music is playing almost 5 seconds before the cursor even touches the game icon.

...Also the game was renamed simply Bionicle (PC)...

Edited by PrismWind
  • Upvote 2

So very excited to be reading this! It's just one of those "oh yeah, that makes sense" moments. It is very easy to see how the MNOLG finale was adapted from the final level very closely, all the way up to the Toa powering up and shooting giant blasts at the Makuta. That also makes sense of Onua's random green energy in MNOLG's adaption. It was a translation of the green vuata berry energy that he uses in the PC game in stead of more logical earth powers. Perhaps the other Toa, with abilities that translated better into ranged attacks, had elements as you would expect instead of green lasers in the game.

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

So very excited to be reading this! It's just one of those "oh yeah, that makes sense" moments. It is very easy to see how the MNOLG finale was adapted from the final level very closely, all the way up to the Toa powering up and shooting giant blasts at the Makuta. That also makes sense of Onua's random green energy in MNOLG's adaption. It was a translation of the green vuata berry energy that he uses in the PC game in stead of more logical earth powers. Perhaps the other Toa, with abilities that translated better into ranged attacks, had elements as you would expect instead of green lasers in the game.

Sorry, with the abundance of new information, I forgot to mention that in the game, you can sort of upgrade your elemental attacks.

Edited by PrismWind
  • Upvote 2

Alright, when I'm done talking to trashboat, I'll post the conversations.

I very much look forward to this.

Oh, by the way, Trashboat thinks that the gameplay videos are very old videos of a Safire data wrangler trying to expose bugs. No beta test took place, no demos in Toa cans, no kids have a beta. The only people who can possibly have a game are either someone with access to saffire or lego. That leads to the question: where do the videos come from? Trashboat said that it is possible that someone in 2010 uploaded the game, but it more possible that it's just an old test video.

I can answer this. The gameplay videos were filmed by an anonymous CD owner known only as Deep Brick, and uploaded to YouTube by MarkOfMOD (also known as RedQuark), the person through whom all communications to and from Deep Brick went. Neither have been heard from for quite a while.

Edited by Sir Kohran
  • Upvote 1

Oh, by the way, Trashboat thinks that the gameplay videos are very old videos of a Safire data wrangler trying to expose bugs. No beta test took place, no demos in Toa cans, no kids have a beta. The only people who can possibly have a game are either someone with access to saffire or lego. That leads to the question: where do the videos come from? Trashboat said that it is possible that someone in 2010 uploaded the game, but it more possible that it's just an old test video.

I can answer this. The gameplay videos were filmed by an anonymous CD owner known only as Deep Brick, and uploaded to YouTube by MarkOfMOD (also known as RedQuark), the person through whom all communications to and from Deep Brick went. Neither have been heard from for quite a while.

I know all that already but this will just lead us back to "The mystery of DeepBrick"

But seriously, the only way that anybody can possibly talk to DeepBrick is by talking to Mark first. That's a given, I understand, but it is true. We can tackle that later. Right now, I'm focusing on the actual Devs.

Edited by PrismWind

I can answer this. The gameplay videos were filmed by an anonymous CD owner known only as Deep Brick, and uploaded to YouTube by MarkOfMOD (also known as RedQuark), the person through whom all communications to and from Deep Brick went. Neither have been heard from for quite a while.

I know all that already but this will just lead us back to 'the mystery of DeepBrick'

But searously, the only way that anybody can possibly talk to DeepBrick is by talking to Mark first. That's a given, I understand, but it is true. We can tackle that later. Right now, I'm focusing on the actual Devs.

If you knew that already, why did you ask where the videos come from?

I know all that already but this will just lead us back to 'the mystery of DeepBrick'

But searously, the only way that anybody can possibly talk to DeepBrick is by talking to Mark first. That's a given, I understand, but it is true. We can tackle that later. Right now, I'm focusing on the actual Devs.

If you knew that already, why did you ask where the videos come from?

Sorry, I meant where did DeepBrick get them. We've all assumed that DeepBrick has a copy, but what if he just had videos. TraahBoat (I'll never get tired of that) told me that nobody outside Saffire and Lego had them.

UPDATE:

I hadn't factored everything yet. DeepBrick gave us files too so it can't just be videos he has. Where on earth did he get a copy?

Does anybody have Mark Durhams email BTW? I know that he's on MoD but it's been a while...

Edited by PrismWind

Sorry, I meant where did DeepBrick get them. We've all assumed that DeepBrick has a copy, but what if he just had videos. TraahBoat (I'll never get tired of that) told me that nobody outside Saffire and Lego had them.

We know Deep Brick has a copy. He shared screenshots and information from it as far back as 2004. RedQuark confirmed he has one.

What isn't known is how he obtained it, and how much of the game it contains.

Does anybody have Mark Durhams email BTW? I know that he's on MoD but it's been a while...

Just curious, why are you trying to contact Mark Durham? I don't think he would be much help. He might even get in the way.

As a "last resort", but as I said earlier I am now focusing on the devolepers

Just curious, why are you trying to contact Mark Durham? I don't think he would be much help. He might even get in the way.

As a "last resort", but as I said earlier I am now focusing on the devolepers

Can someone direct me to a fourm or something that has RedQuarks actual posts? The wayback machine shows some of his old BZP posts before the downtime but that isn't really very helpful.

Edited by PrismWind

Sorry for the 'quality' of my posts earlier, it was the morning, and I hadn't had coffee yet. Now I'm operating at 110%. Can someone direct me to a fourm or something that has RedQuarks actual posts? The wayback machine shows some of his old BZP posts before the downtime but that isn't really very helpful.

Whatever you can find on Wayback is probably your best resource. I would assume he posted some on the other BIONICLE fan site that he was on the staff of back in the day, but their original forums are long gone. I don't believe that he has posted anywhere else regarding BIONICLE or the cancelled game.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

The more I learn about this game, and the people involved, the more I find my thoughts drifting back to DeepBrick. I think, seeing as how he leaked files, he must be a former Saffire employee that RedQuark, being a part of MoD, contacted asking about the state of the game.

After a few negotiations, DeepBrick agreed to send him videos of the game in exchange for total anonymity. He could be an ex lego employee too but I doubt that. Still, lego did get a test build once a week. TrashBoat said that he doubts that Lego still has the copies now but I think that lego must have at least one copy of the game in somebody's office, when you pay people to work on a game for a year and a half, you don't just go throwing it away.

If RedQuark could find him with the clues that he found, then so can I (hopefully). Keep in mind, RedQuark found him before the credits (that's what I used) were leaked though many of the people involved with LOMN helped to make Tales of the Tohunga (that game had credits too obviously :3)

Perhaps MoD is worth a little more 'investigating', I have already read their LOMN article, well then again, I have probably already read every mention of the LOMN on the internet! Update in the morning. 

Edited by PrismWind

I am really excited about your mission, because I just love everything from Classic Bonkles years. I have always wished we could play this game or get some pictures of the rumored Shadow Toa that were supposedly part of the game. May the Mata Nui be with you in your mission.

• Upvote 2

Brace yourselves, Klaanon is coming...

I am really excited about your mission, because I just love everything from Classic Bonkles years. I have always wished we could play this game or get some pictures of the rumored Shadow Toa that were supposedly part of the game. May the Mata Nui be with you in your mission.

Thanks. BTW what shadow Toa? They weren't in the original 2001 story until Greg added them in that 2003 book. Originally, the Makuta, being nothing, attacked you with junk to show his power. They weren't in the game.

Edited by PrismWind

Thabks. BTW what shadow Toa? They weren't in the original 2001 story until Greg added them in that 2003 book. Originally, the Makuta being nothing attacked you with junk to show his power. They weren't in the game.

Some people think that the whole Shadow Toa thing originated from LoMN. The problem is that no one can confirm or deny the Shadow Toa are in the game.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

Thabks. BTW what shadow Toa? They weren't in the original 2001 story until Greg added them in that 2003 book. Originally, the Makuta being nothing attacked you with junk to show his power. They weren't in the game.

Some people think that the whole Shadow Toa thing originated from LoMN. The problem is that no one can confirm or deny the Shadow Toa are in the game.

From Shadow Toas Biosector article: The Shadow Toa were originally going to appear in The Legend of Mata Nui. However, the media was cancelled. The Shadow Toa were referenced in The Bohrok Awake and made their first appearance in Tale of the Toa.

Brace yourselves, Klaanon is coming...

From Shadow Toas Biosector article: The Shadow Toa were originally going to appear in The Legend of Mata Nui. However, the media was cancelled. The Shadow Toa were referenced in The Bohrok Awake and made their first appearance in Tale of the Toa.

Is there some credible reason to believe that they are in the game? Clearly the were meant to be a part of the original story as they were mentioned in The Bohrok Awake (page 18 here), but there doesn't seem to be any indication that they are in the game. From the sounds of it, the game is more lke what we saw in the cutscenes of MNOG (which would seem to make sense). It would be great if they were in the game, but it seems to just be rumors at this point.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder
  • Upvote 1

Are signatures still a thing?

From Shadow Toas Biosector article: The Shadow Toa were originally going to appear in The Legend of Mata Nui.

Prove it. BS01 doesn't use references and that had led to a wiki of sometimes questionable quality. It's odd that no one knows anything about this game's story, except this one detail that popped out of nowhere.

If in fact the Shadow Toa were in the game, I doubt it'd be a legitimate fight; just a cutscene. Think about it: the entire Manas fight was just a quick Toa Kaita cutscene (albeit an awesome one).

• Upvote 1

I know there's currently nothing stating or even suggesting that the Shadow Toa were set to be in the game, yet somehow I do remember hearing this from somewhere.

If in fact the Shadow Toa were in the game, I doubt it'd be a legitimate fight; just a cutscene. Think about it: the entire Manas fight was just a quick Toa Kaita cutscene (albeit an awesome one).

I'm pretty sure the three cutscenes made available in 2010 were the only ones in the game, and that the climactic level was supposed to occur between the second and third of those. I have no idea if the Shadow Toa might've been included there.

Edited by Sir Kohran