• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

New news about LOMN from the creators

Lomn

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,836 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 30 2014 - 11:22 AM

From Shadow Toas Biosector article: The Shadow Toa were originally going to appear in The Legend of Mata Nui.

Prove it. BS01 doesn't use references and that had led to a wiki of sometimes questionable quality. It's odd that no one knows anything about this game's story, except this one detail that popped out of nowhere.

If in fact the Shadow Toa were in the game, I doubt it'd be a legitimate fight; just a cutscene. Think about it: the entire Manas fight was just a quick Toa Kaita cutscene (albeit an awesome one).

I believe that detail may have been provided by Greg when somebody asked him a question related to the Shadow Toa, but I honestly don't care enough to look it up.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#42 Offline JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 993 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 30 2014 - 12:08 PM

The shadow toa rumor actually appears to date back to 2002. Unknown if this is just an assumption made from the text in the back of the 4th comic book.

UPDATE:

I think I found the source of the rumor.

As speculated, the "shadow Toa" were only a part of the cancelled PC game, and were never intended to be made into sets. (At one point there was a lot of discussion on BZP of the Toa Nuva being the Shadow Toa, which of course turned out to not be the case.)

No telling if they were ultimately just a concept or included in the game. Seeing as how they did not appear in MNOG, I wouldn't be surprised if they were scrapped early on.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder, Jun 30 2014 - 12:18 PM.

banner.png
{ If you have BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui, PM me . . . NOW! }
I'm well over the age of 13, so if you work for LEGO, you can talk to me. :)

#43 Offline PrismWind

PrismWind
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 241 posts

Posted Jul 04 2014 - 07:17 PM

I'm communicating with somebody named VolumeAir who claims to have a copy. No that's not A username it's a custom name to protect their identity

In The Prism Dimension,

nyan2.gif

Nyan Cat Sees ALL

Admin on BioMediaProject, obsessed with finding Legends of Mata Nui, and a Pianist/Organist. 

#44 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 854 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2014 - 07:23 PM

I'm communicating with somebody named VolumeAir who claims to have a copy. No that's not A username it's a custom name to protect their identity

Did you actually hear back from VolumeAir? I had no luck with the person last time.

-XONARsig.png

mnolg_dvd_bzp_banner_2.jpg

Feel free to add this banner to your sig!

#45 Offline PrismWind

PrismWind
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 241 posts

Posted Jul 04 2014 - 07:27 PM

Did you actually hear back from VolumeAir? I had no luck with the person last time.
Lol that name... Yeah she said that she'll look for it and reply tommorrow

In The Prism Dimension,

nyan2.gif

Nyan Cat Sees ALL

Admin on BioMediaProject, obsessed with finding Legends of Mata Nui, and a Pianist/Organist. 

#46 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 854 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2014 - 07:31 PM

O_o I wonder why she's replying all of the sudden...

-XONARsig.png

mnolg_dvd_bzp_banner_2.jpg

Feel free to add this banner to your sig!

#47 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,936 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 05:25 AM

Excitement! :)

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui, Jul 05 2014 - 05:27 AM.

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#48 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 438 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 04:04 PM

Excitement! :)

-Gata signoff.png

We might be getting somewhere! :) It amazes me you've managed to track all of this down.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#49 Offline PrismWind

PrismWind
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 241 posts

Posted Jul 17 2014 - 02:53 AM

Apperently, comic 3 was to be the 7th level of the game -Greg
Does anybody know anyway that I can get into contact with Greg? I want some details on the game itself seeing as how he DOESNT HAVE IT! GRRRRR

In The Prism Dimension,

nyan2.gif

Nyan Cat Sees ALL

#50 Offline John Smith

John Smith
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 18 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2014 - 03:14 AM

Howdy. I think this topic on the Lego forums is the easiest way to contact him. Though I don't know how likely it is he'll respond.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users