• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

List of Female AFOLs for LEGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,368 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 27 2014 - 05:42 PM

I received the following from Kim Thomsen of the LEGO CEE Team:

We would like to create a list of female AFOLs.

Please send the following information to me if you know one that we should have on the list.

Full name, e-mail and [talent]

Possible talents:
MOC'er
Organizer
Reviewer
Blogger

If you are interested in being on the list, post here or send me a PM.

I have no idea why they are trying to put this list together, I'm just passing on the word.

#2 Offline Wally

Wally
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Certified Dinosaur Pedant

• 04-February 07
  • 2,852 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 27 2014 - 05:49 PM

Um, this is a kinda uncomfortable question to ask, but would they discriminate against transgender women being on the list?

Posted Image

#3 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,827 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 27 2014 - 06:20 PM

They're creating a registry! This is the beginning of the end!

Just kidding. I'm sure their intentions are nothing too dubious. They are probably just looking for a group that they can solicit feedback from regarding attempts to reach out to their female fans. The same way they seek feedback from train fans or Mindstorms fans each time they revamp those themes/product categories. If that's the case, I hope we can expect a more diverse range of girl-oriented sets or gender-neutral sets in the future, so that LEGO products can cover a full spectrum of gendered and non-gendered interests.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,368 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 27 2014 - 07:09 PM

Um, this is a kinda uncomfortable question to ask, but would they discriminate against transgender women being on the list?

If you would consider yourself a female AFOL, I would say you're welcome to include yourself on the list. I will certainly pass your information along.

#5 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 05-July 10
  • 5,998 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 27 2014 - 10:06 PM

Er, I'm not comfortable handing out my information for lulz. Are they going to post it online somewhere, make it public, etc? This sounds like too much of a security risk. What's it for?

16028406952_a8c31f0bfe.jpg15838451978_fa70afcd66_m.jpg

#6 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 23-July 08
  • 3,074 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 28 2014 - 12:26 AM

Er, I'm not comfortable handing out my information for lulz. Are they going to post it online somewhere, make it public, etc? This sounds like too much of a security risk. What's it for?

I have no idea why they are trying to put this list together, I'm just passing on the word.

imx_327053664.png

76561198040925391.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#7 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 05-July 10
  • 5,998 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 28 2014 - 02:01 AM

I'm thinking he might be able to fix that. :P I'm a little paranoid of having my real name associated with AFOLdom and getting posted on some random website for everyone to see, along with my email. That's a legitimate concern, don't you think? 

16028406952_a8c31f0bfe.jpg15838451978_fa70afcd66_m.jpg

#8 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,368 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 28 2014 - 07:11 AM

I believe Aanchir is on the right track. LEGO wants to know about groups of fans they can use for focus testing and to get feedback from. They're not going to post your information online.

#9 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,368 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 28 2014 - 09:49 AM

Well it looks like fishers wasn't the only one with such concerns. LEGO has canceled their request for the time being until they can satisfactorily answer questions that were raised regarding the collection and use of the data.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users