Tracker Changes

-Windrider-

We would like to announce a couple of changes to the BZPower’s Tracker today. These changes are being implemented with the hope of better efficiency when dealing with Tracker tickets. Black Six and I will be working not only to take care of issues more quickly, but to establish a better sense of priority for suggested features as well.

The first change is a neater separation of issue tickets and suggestion tickets. Currently, members can choose either option when creating a ticket, but the two categories get lumped into the same index. From now on, issues and suggestions will get their own projects. It will look something like this:

Project Overview

• Front Page Issues
  • Community Issues
    • Forums Issues
    • Blogs Issues
    • Calendar Issues
  • Front Page Suggestions
  • Community Suggestions

We hope that this separation will eliminate some of the confusion associated with starting and following tickets.

The second change involves suggestion tickets. Suggestions will now need to accumulate 5 positive votes ("likes," found in the top right when viewing a ticket) in order to prompt a review by the administration. This is meant to give a better idea of priority so that the most requested suggestions can get implemented more quickly. There will be no time limit set, so each ticket will still have a chance at consideration; the goal here is efficiency and not any sort of discrimination.

With these two changes, we hope to keep a healthier schedule of dealing with reported bugs and suggestions. To help us out, please keep on top of your own tickets - especially bug reports - so that things go extra smoothly.

Thank you, and as for any questions, ask away!

• Upvote 8

I love the Tracker. All these things that used to get buried get brought up really quickly and fixed and it's just been so good for the site as a whole. (I'm nerding out over a web site feature now. That's new.) Considering its overall usage, it's smart to implement these particular changes.

I take it that there still won't be a way to change issues to suggestions and vice versa? Accidentally hitting the wrong one seems to be the most common issue in the Tracker.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I take it that there still won't be a way to change issues to suggestions and vice versa? Accidentally hitting the wrong one seems to be the most common issue in the Tracker.

Might have to open a ticket about that. : P I can't seem to change them; I don't know if even Black Six can do it.

But I do hope the new division will help a bit.

• Upvote 1