Assorted Bionicle Drawings with no real unifying theme

Rahkshi Lalonde

Wow, the General Art forum, haven't been in here for quite a while. :u

(probs 'cause i used to be terrible at art, oops.)

but, anyway, hey guys, i'm back here w/ some minor changes to what i do.

mostly the acquiring of a tablet which made it easier to draw bionicle-y details faster.

So i'm just gonna throw an art dump of the stuff i've drawn over this year and last year,

sorted in chronological order 'cause it helps keep track of the progress y'know?

[putting in the first post, this is deemed a "collection topic" but i only get one of these ,so, well, here it is. :u]

anyway, the art:

Gali Mata

(ugh, this looks kinda weird, but i was warming back up to bionicle at the time, so...)

Nokama Metru

(blargh, how could i get worse somehow? i'll call it a fluke.)

Tarakava

(in retrospect, i simplified a bit too much.)

Gali Mistika

Bohrok

Visorak

Nui Jaga

(i've been trying for years to actually make this look like a scorpion, it is very hard to do.)

Rahkshi

(only a torso b'cause i hate drawing legs when i'm tired.)

2008 Polybag flying-launcher-thing

(i made it a bird because stylization)

Hydruka

Hahli Inika

(context for this image is kinda lost, and its also kinda sketchy, but i kinda figured i'd show it anyway.)

Assorted Rahi

(can't be bothered to color, will color eventually.)

Nui Rama

Doom Viper

Oops, this one's not Bionicle.

Tarakava, Again.

(sorta.)

Krika

Gorast

Bitil

Pridak

Bohrok doodles

(and one imposter)

Dalu

Oops,

Oops again.

dark-n-edgy 3000

(less edgy)

(part two)

off model nitroblasts

Bonkles OC! :U

Bonkles OC #2! :U

non-organic Inika Kanohi

Gali Mistika, again

Lewa Phantoka

Pohatu Phantoka (also Chirox...)

Bone-Chiller-Xicozal

Gavlas?

Bonkles OC 3!

A rahkshi from, like, 2009?

A kinda weirdy stylized Kahu Bird.

Dagger spiders In Chronological Order.

Still the best Zesk i've drawn (from 2012)

Part of a Tahu.

My Self-insert OC

anyway, will continue to post drawings here as i make more drawings, i'm p sure i still have a ways to go development-wise.

and any crtique or commentary would be greatly wealcome.

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Upvote 8

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I really like the design of your characters. They remind me of designs of characters for animated films like How to Train Your Dragon. Good interesting proportions. Your line quality is certainly improving (if these are set in chronological order that you did them) I think my only major criticism currently would be to work on giving the limbs some more form.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I really like the design of your characters. They remind me of designs of characters for animated films like How to Train Your Dragon. Good interesting proportions. Your line quality is certainly improving (if these are set in chronological order that you did them) I think my only major criticism currently would be to work on giving the limbs some more form.

gosh, thanks.

i do try to keep my characters as expressive and animate as possible. (w/out actually, um, animating them. :u)

but, i'm kinda confused, are you referring to limb limbs? or bionicle-piece limbs? :0

gosh, thanks.

i do try to keep my characters as expressive and animate as possible. (w/out actually, um, animating them. :u)

but, i'm kinda confused, are you referring to limb limbs? or bionicle-piece limbs? :0

Whoops, I meant the limbs/feet for the rahi. Like when you have symmetrical designs for the legs yet one side of the leg is a little more jagged.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

You have a very unique, organic style. Some of these almost look chibi! Your shading and detail has definitely improved, and I like your interpretations of the Rahi. My favorites would have to be the polybag bird (it's so clever and looks amazing besides the feet) and the Visorak (a different interpretation that looks threatening and adorable at the same time). I really want to try MOCing both of those at some point, if you wouldn't mind.

Keep on drawing! I can't wait to see what else you could do. Since you've mastered the Rahkshi head, perhaps a Rahaga would be interesting or something like a Hapaka (most adorable Rahi ever) or Nui-Rama would look amazing in your style.

Edited by Click

Wow... I have to admit, I didn't like the humanoids much (probably mostly that I just don't like humanized Bionicle), but when I viewed that Bohrok, wow. That is freakin' awesome! And it stayed great with the other non-humanoids, although I wasn't so sure about the Tarakava. The Bohrok resembles a seedling plant somehow -- the feet curl a little like roots, and start small, and then it forms this larger bulb at the top. You have traces of simplistic art in the style that oddly helps it look cool combined with the "coolified" bits, like the pencil-thin legs on the Nui-Jaga combined with a fat body, emphasizing the new style added to the fatter part. Very nice.

I like the creatures so much... I just must beg your permission to use these in my retelling. :P I especially have room for the Jaga pic (as a mutant from Maze of Shadows, if that's okay with you), and hopefully I can work in the Bohrok somewhere (just as a different style). I'll send you my standard PM with the details so it's not off-topic here.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Keep on drawing! I can't wait to see what else you could do. Since you've mastered the Rahkshi head, perhaps a Rahaga would be interesting or something like a Hapaka (most adorable Rahi ever) or Nui-Rama would look amazing in your style.

hmm, might toy around w/ the Hapaka, yes. and some of the other obscure Rahi while i'm at it probs. :u

Not really a fan of humanized Bionicle at all, so I can't speak on how well done those are, but I do like the Bohrok, Visorak, Nui-Jaga, and Hydruka. Especially the Bohrok and Hydruka.

yeah, seems general census is humanized bionicles are less-desired, so maybe i should up and draw some of those less humanised ones, when i feel like fidgeting w/ proportions of those weird bionicle limbs.

• Upvote 1

Oh my gosh, that visorak is adorable. Never before have I seen such a tiny, yet terrifying and adorable at the same time, creature. I will take fifty and start my legion.

But really the way you chose to do the visorak with it having a much more spiderish back end and with the spinner there is really good. And i don't feel you simplified the tarakava too much, infact if anything you gave it more of a realistic look. 

And While I am not a real fan of humanized bionicles I think you have a real knack for the drawing of rahi, especially those last three, I could see them easily being in the bionicle universe.

Keep up the amazing art and I look forward to more.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

A Nui Rama has been added!

Artisit notes: Arrgh, this thing drives me bananas every time i try to draw it, something about its buid just doesn'ttranslate well at all. i tihnk i've nailed it this time, but i'm not sure wnough yet. hmmm....

(also, you're probably getting sick of the bland poses and stuff, so i'll be sure to practice a bit more into making scenes instead of portraits. :u)

• Upvote 1

When I looked at the first couple images, I was like,"Pshhhh."

Then I saw your latest work. Nice Nui-Rama.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

These are neat! The polybag bird is my favourite of the bunch, though they're all pretty fun. The Dermis Turtle is also very cool; I like how you've adapted it to be a little more real world. It reminds me of the style used in the first three movies.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

gosh, so many nice comments, too bad i'm rubbish at replies tho. :s

instead, i am only here to post another new drawing.

Gali & Tarakava

Artist note:

Something, something is off in this one, but i can't see it. hmmm..

oh well, as we all know, the only thing harder than drawing bionicle peices, is drawing them in motion!

(and hands/feet.)

• Upvote 1

You know once again not really for the humanized bionicles, but i can't help but love the pose and expression. She must have just been fed up with that tarakava

Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

gosh, so many nice comments, too bad i'm rubbish at replies tho. :s

instead, i am only here to post another new drawing.

Gali & Tarakava

Artist note:

Something, something is off in this one, but i can't see it. hmmm..

oh well, as we all know, the only thing harder than drawing bionicle peices, is drawing them in motion!

(and hands/feet.)

It's lacking a little bit of the personality and of the action of your other pieces. I feel like the drawing should play around with more extremes and, possibly, exaggerations.

Those two characteristics really shine through in a lot of your work here. In your latest post, I think Krika and Bitil are set apart from Gorast because of this. I'm very impressed overall, and am glad you've posted these on BZP!

It's lacking a little bit of the personality and of the action of your other pieces. I feel like the drawing should play around with more extremes and, possibly, exaggerations.

Those two characteristics really shine through in a lot of your work here. In your latest post, I think Krika and Bitil are set apart from Gorast because of this. I'm very impressed overall, and am glad you've posted these on BZP!

oh? that's actually good to hear,

sometimes i think i'm pushing it w/ the expression and exxageration, so i tone it down a bit, that may have been a bad idea in that case. :0

i'll foddle around a bit more in the future. try new stuff. thanks.

also:

a very very quick pridak doodle.

(there is no artist note. :u)

I hope you get back into the colored drawings, because your latest sketches have been great! I can see the personality and character Windrider mentioned and I hope you finish them at some point. Bitil is probably my favorite because of the unique angle and different interpretation.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you get back into the colored drawings, because your latest sketches have been great! I can see the personality and character Windrider mentioned and I hope you finish them at some point. Bitil is probably my favorite because of the unique angle and different interpretation.

yes, oh yesh. i do need to get back into a groove w/ colored drawings, but bionicle has soo many small details it's a hard habit to keep up. ;o;

and i'm surprised you liked bitil best, given he was the hardest to even draw at all. :u

also:

Bohrok doodles!

(real quick ones.)

i do love bohrok. :v

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

according to art-forum rules and stuff, i get one revivable topic to collect up all my art in. and, well, since i only put my art in here anyway, this is basically that one topic.

(i also asked head-of-art-forum-person, who okay-ed the decision. :u)

reason i am posting i here is that i drew more bionicle. (because i wouldn't post in here otherwise. :0)

Dalu (in color!)

Okay, not bionicle, sorry.

this one isn't either, oops

i really need to pick up the pace with drawing again, and stop acting like i have anything better to do.

• Upvote 1

I have to admit the last two are rather adorable, though the wolverine style claw on the dalu is a nice and interesting take on her weapons.

Edited by Voxumo
  • Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I have to admit the last two are rather adorable, though the wolverine style claw on the dalu is a nice and interesting take on her weapons.

thanks! (<i lack a better thank you at this moment, blah.)

also,

A hero factory thing i'm trying to write but drawing is just sooooo much easier, blargh.

lots of spikey red crystals, glowing red goop, and a bunch of angry-looking robots!

EDIT:

But wait, there's more!

EDIT2:

more! :U

EDIT3:

I should really make a model sheet for her because these are all waaaay off.

(also, i think i will end up drawing it instead of writing it, hmmm...)

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde