More Series 12 Minifigs Revealed

Allen over at The Brick Fan received a scan from the July/August issue of the LEGO Magazine that reveals some more of the Series 12 Collectible Minifigs. The image shows Piggy Guy, Spooky Girl, and the Prospector, all of which look like cool additions to the series (love that new teddy bear print!). I'm sure more images will keep popping up as we get closer to the series releasing!

View the full article

Those three look pretty good, piggy guy is good but I think it would look better if the pig mask would cover the face (So we can make a Chima Pig Tribe  :lol-sign: ). the Spooky Girl look like the skirt and bear, the hair I really dislike but it do fits with the Minifigure. Prospector is okay, I do like he gotten that beard in a different color but I hope LEGO don't use that a lot and don't make sets with the same color because I don't like it,  I would liked if the pickaxe was a different color then Dark Gray that we have seen in a lot of sets (I would like to see it in black again  or in brown)

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

These look pretty cool, but the price seems too high. When did they change from $3 to $4?

The minifigures' price was raised with the Simpsons series. Some of us hoped that was only because it was a licensed theme, but evidently the increase is here to stay.

AXKP5KC.png

I don't really see how four dollars is too high. I mean, a pack of Pokémon cards costs almost three dollars, and I would value a Lego Minifigure significantly higher than that. Plus, I'm hoping that maybe it'll ensure that future series don't run out so quickly (especially after The Lego Movie series disappeared from my area before the movie had even been in theaters a week).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I don't really see how four dollars is too high. I mean, a pack of Pokémon cards costs almost three dollars, and I would value a Lego Minifigure significantly higher than that. Plus, I'm hoping that maybe it'll ensure that future series don't run out so quickly (especially after The Lego Movie series disappeared from my area before the movie had even been in theaters a week).

Maybe not individually, but for people who like to collect an entire series the price for doing so has gone up by a third of the previous price (and double what the minifigures cost originally). It may not sound like a lot, but the numbers do stack up. And as the price for these continues to rise I'm guessing it'll become increasingly difficult to justify them as impulse buys--especially when you can get far more substantial sets for what are, relatively speaking, more reasonable prices. Of course, these are complaints that some people have had since as far back as when they were only 2 dollars, but I feel they're becoming somewhat more justifiable recently. 64 dollars for just 16 minifigures is simply a lot of money.

And I guess a bigger problem is that we fear the price will continue to rise. (and it's probable, on account of inflation and increased production costs, which of course are also factors) I don't know if I'll be that comfortable paying 5 dollars for a minifigure, if it ever comes to that.

AXKP5KC.png