Are there many members who read but rarely post?

Oroki

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but whatever, just wondering...

Well do I remember how I used to check out this forum as a kid, but rarely posting anything. I couldn't be the only one. Doesn't it statistically make sense that we all know the people who post everywhere all the time, while there just might also be lots and lots of more passive members who may simply want to simply read, pretty much like guests? I wouldn't know, they're generally hard to see.

So, does this apply to anyone? Are there any of those "secret" members willing to show up? : )

• Upvote 4

banner1.png

over the years i've become that type. i've made several attempts to start posting more, but i just can't seem to be consistent with it.

You're not that hard to find, though! Lol, I am kinda half expecting a lot of ironic posts by people who actually show up everywhere. People who choose to stay quiet will generally stay quiet, after all.

banner1.png

*Raises hand*

My inactivity in posting has only been exacerbated by the demands of college. Look at my post count. Four years ago it as, what, 7500 or so? Now I've posted about 100 times in the last two years.

~B~

At first I was baffled by your post count, but then I saw that you joined in 2006. :o

banner1.png

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but whatever, just wondering...

Well do I remember how I used to check out this forum as a kid, but rarely posting anything. I couldn't be the only one. Doesn't it statistically make sense that we all know the people who post everywhere all the time, while there just might also be lots and lots of more passive members who may simply want to simply read, pretty much like guests? I wouldn't know, they're generally hard to see.

So, does this apply to anyone? Are there any of those "secret" members willing to show up? : )

It's more frequent than you think.  I've found a lot of members who've been around for quite a while, but never post.

*Raises hand*

My inactivity in posting has only been exacerbated by the demands of college. Look at my post count. Four years ago it as, what, 7500 or so? Now I've posted about 100 times in the last two years.

~B~

At first I was baffled by your post count, but then I saw that you joined in 2006. :o

Yeah, I suppose I'm getting to be an older member in terms of years on BZP now. And I did post frequently for a number of years, until high school AP classes and then the aforesaid college kicked in and zapped my free time. Ah well.

~B~

There's definitely going to be a lot of those (uh, not me though, seeing that I post constantly), especially with the lack of real things to talk about these days. Sometimes a thread piques their interest or what-not, and they post once or twice, and disappear again. I'd probably be that if I didn't have the RPG.

I don't post as much as I used to. Part of the reason for this is that I don't have as much free time anymore because of my job. The other reason is that there aren't as many topics around that I'm interested in posting in. A lot of times I find myself reading a topic to see what its about, then I just move on to something else.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I am one of these. Been around on that forum for 8 years or so and I'm not a known member. I used to post in the comic section back in the days. I'm mostly active on the Market Place, but I read a lot in the other sections.

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

It should come as no great surprise that I don't post as much as when Bionicle was active. However, discussion of the line continues even now, and other interesting topics come up from time to time, so I just about avoid lurking.

It's frustrating not being able to participate in discussion of current lines. Sometimes I wish I followed Hero Factory just to have more to discuss on here. :P

Edited by Sir Kohran

It should come as no great surprise that I don't post as much as when Bionicle was active. However, discussion of the line continues even now, and other interesting topics come up from time to time, so I just about avoid lurking.

It's frustrating not being able to participate in discussion of current lines. Sometimes I wish I followed Hero Factory just to have more to discuss on here. :P

Unfortunately, there really isn't much to discuss about Hero Factory at least as far as story is concerned.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

"Present"

I've never been that active here, and when I retired it didn't exactly do my activity any good. I've kinda migrated over to Flickr, but I'm not really that active there either. If I had some more free time I might end up posting more, but in the past I've jut ended up lurking. Hopefully I'll have a few creations to post soon.

I've been a member since 2006, and have visited the site on a practically daily basis since 2004, and I've not even broken 1,000 posts yet. I'm absurdly introverted. :shrugs:

It doesn't help that I'm only really interested in the first three years of BIONICLE, and older LEGO themes. There isn't, understandably, much discussion regarding topics so far gone.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I've become a tad more active in the past couple of months, but back in July-January, I never posted except in G&T, which is the only place I could (and still can) be considered completely active.

Edited by Mairanui

2xu8Ptu.png

I normally dont know what to add to one of the post counting threads. More active in COT Pokemon though.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I suppose I might as well spring out of the woodwork now. I've been a lurker since late '04, and this is my first post. Does that mean I win or something? :P

This deserves some acknowledgement. Like, seriously. Congratulations on a most impressive lurking record. You're my role model. :P

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

In quite an ironic turn of events, I am actually one of those people now. I guess you could say I took some time off the forum for about 5 years. When I came back recently, I found that I never really have much of anything to say. I generally don't post on a topic unless I have something significant to contribute.

BZP2024.jpg

Admin of Mask Of Destiny. Founder of The Beaverhouse, Litestone, & 810NICLE Day.

I post somewhat frequently but perhaps not as much as I could. It's not really worthwhile to post in a topic if you have a brother who shares many of your perspectives but tends to express his opinions so much better. So oftentimes if he posts a reply to someone, I've missed my chance. :P

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother