Are there many members who read but rarely post?

Oroki

Even though I've been visiting practically every day for the last two years now, I almost never post outside of COT. One major reason for this is because I'm very curious about what the post count range is for each member title and accompanying image. Since the mods and admins refuse to tell anyone about that detail, my only option is with brute force, by literally recording the ranks and images I've reached so far, and at what numbers for each of them. Of course, the images are available only to Premier Members, and I currently lack the means to become one, so that means the only way for me to know for sure the range for each rank image is to post only during the week of BZPower's anniversary, to take advantage of those Premier Perks. Say what you want, but those are my reasons for rarely ever posting on this site.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I've been here for 7 years now, which is really weird to think about, by the way.

Never could get into the actively posting thing, I tried when I was younger but it sorta ended up with a bunch of stuff I'm embarrassed to look back on.

However - with the 13th anniversary, my own 7th anniversary, and the rumors of BIONICLE returning. I think i'm going to make a effort to post again.

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

I started to lurk around 2010, which was when Bionicle was discontinued, I was also mainly going through High School and my interests shifted towards other things.  I occasionally post every now and again, but not as often as I had about 5-6 years ago.

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

I lurked a ton before I took a break from the site. Used to love S&T, Comedies, and the Blogs when they were introduced. I made the occasional (cringe-inducing, looking back on them) post, but I'm hoping to contribute more now that I'm back.

"You are what you dare."

-Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting

Even though I've been visiting practically every day for the last two years now, I almost never post outside of COT. One major reason for this is because I'm very curious about what the post count range is for each member title and accompanying image. Since the mods and admins refuse to tell anyone about that detail, my only option is with brute force, by literally recording the ranks and images I've reached so far, and at what numbers for each of them. Of course, the images are available only to Premier Members, and I currently lack the means to become one, so that means the only way for me to know for sure the range for each rank image is to post only during the week of BZPower's anniversary, to take advantage of those Premier Perks. Say what you want, but those are my reasons for rarely ever posting on this site.

Woah, dude. XD That is the most intense research that I've heard of. I remember a topic long ago, though, where somebody just asked this, and it turned out that people became tohunga, turaga, toa, etc, at different post counts. The most be some other force involved in this!

banner1.png

Yeah, pretty much what I do. Since most of the people I used to talk to are gone, I don't really feel like posting much anymore. That, and I've had some harassment issues in the past and I almost don't like talking to anyone or expressing myself. I got hate just because I mentioned the movie "The Amazing Spider-Man." I didn't even say it was a good movie or a bad movie, just the fact I mentioned it, I end up getting hate for it. 

So unless I'm updating a chapter to one of my cruddy literary works, I hardly post anymore, either because I don't think I have anything worthwhile to say or I fear that anything I do say will make people on here hate me even more than they already do.

I go through times of just reading, but lately have been starting to post. It varies

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I lurked for years without actually becoming a member. BioniLUG was what pushed me into finally joining.

The funny part was that I'd hung around the Bionicle area at BFVA a little bit every year since 2009. I think I come across as that weird stalker guy who suddenly decided to be friends with everybody and already knows weird insider stuff. This is made that much more awkward by the fact that I don't know much of the Bionicle storyline, but did build "one of those" MOCs that ends up stirring up controversy over trophy categories at BrickFair.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm one of those. I don't come on here nearly as often as I used to, and when I do, I don't post a whole lot simply because I don't have a whole lot to say. I'm kinda quiet in real life too. 

By the way, the fact that I'm posting in this topic strikes me as massively ironic.  :P

I really need a better signature.

Apparently I'm not as intense a lurker as I thought, the really hardcore ones are coming out of the woodwork for this topic. :o  I salute you guys. Seriously though, even when I actively decide "I am going to post more!!" I'll browse through a bunch of topics and pick maybe one or two where I feel like I have something to say.  Another thing is that I'm oddly self-conscious about not having my username appear as the last person to post all over the front page of a forum, so I try to wait for someone else to post. Now that the forums are much less active, this means I usually give up after making two posts in a single board. -_-

aang0tt.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hardcore lurker, right here.  I never really have much to say, you see.  :P

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I tend to check in and make a bunch of lengthy posts about two times a year since Bionicle ended--whenever the mood strikes me and I've got some free time, I guess.

(But who knows what'll happen now that Bionicle's back)

Edited by Wrinkledlion X

I used to post a lot more than I do now. 

1676 posts in ~12 years averages out to 133 a year.

Yet I doubt I have posted 133 times in the past year, I mostly just read these days.

- Roki

Oh, mathing this is kind of fun.

I've been a member for 4247 days, and I've made 4968 posts in that time. Even though I've hardly posted much in the last few years, I used to post often enough that my average is still 1.17 posts per day. Long live 2003