• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Are there many members who read but rarely post?

BZP Curious Swag

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 17-March 04
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2014 - 07:20 PM

Even though I've been visiting practically every day for the last two years now, I almost never post outside of COT. One major reason for this is because I'm very curious about what the post count range is for each member title and accompanying image. Since the mods and admins refuse to tell anyone about that detail, my only option is with brute force, by literally recording the ranks and images I've reached so far, and at what numbers for each of them. Of course, the images are available only to Premier Members, and I currently lack the means to become one, so that means the only way for me to know for sure the range for each rank image is to post only during the week of BZPower's anniversary, to take advantage of those Premier Perks. Say what you want, but those are my reasons for rarely ever posting on this site.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I have rejoined BZPower as of October 10, 2012. This is a new beginning for me.

#42 Offline Adventurer

Adventurer
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Guard of the Pit

• 06-January 07
  • 17,091 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 23 2014 - 08:47 AM

I have BZP on my browser links bar and tend to check it daily, but don't venture to the forums/browse indepth outside of the occasional downtime I get. Quite a contrast to my younger self. :P

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

#43 Offline Makuta of Metru Nui

Makuta of Metru Nui
  • Premier Member
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 09-August 07
  • 551 posts

Posted Jul 24 2014 - 08:30 PM

I've been here for 7 years now, which is really weird to think about, by the way.

Never could get into the actively posting thing, I tried when I was younger but it sorta ended up with a bunch of stuff I'm embarrassed to look back on.

However - with the 13th anniversary, my own 7th anniversary, and the rumors of BIONICLE returning. I think i'm going to make a effort to post again.

You cannot destroy Me...For I am nothing.

signature.png

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

#44 Offline Dimension Lord

Dimension Lord
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 04-January 06
  • 457 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2014 - 05:23 PM

I started to lurk around 2010, which was when Bionicle was discontinued, I was also mainly going through High School and my interests shifted towards other things.  I occasionally post every now and again, but not as often as I had about 5-6 years ago.

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

#45 Offline randomreviewerbros

randomreviewerbros
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 22-February 13
  • 630 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2014 - 05:35 PM

I used to be like that but then I decided to get an account a few years ago and now I post all the time

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube....domReviewerBros
Gathered friends, listen again, to our legend of the BIONICLE- Turaga Vakama

BIONICLE surrender or run!- The Vahki 2004

A battle in the skies at the core of the universe!- The Final Battle 2008

Even when facing greater threats like the Bohrok Kal, or the dreaded Rahkshi, they never surrendered!- The Toa Nuva 2002/03

Powerful, equipped, ready for any challenge!- The Toa Metru 2004

A mystery to be revealed at BIONICLE.com!- Metru Nui 2004

If Toa Lhikan could not defeat me alone, how could you?- Makuta LoMN

The city of the Great Spirit, my island home refound!- Turaga Vakama LoMN

#46 Offline Reya

Reya
  • Premier Member
  • Trusted Trader

• 23-November 03
  • 11,646 posts

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 06:24 PM

I believe I fall into this category. It's difficult to get involved when free time is scarce. 

#47 Offline Mr Caes

Mr Caes
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 21-February 04
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 08:49 PM

I lurked a ton before I took a break from the site. Used to love S&T, Comedies, and the Blogs when they were introduced. I made the occasional (cringe-inducing, looking back on them) post, but I'm hoping to contribute more now that I'm back.

"You are what you dare."
                                                                  -Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting

#48 Offline Oroki

Oroki
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 29-May 14
  • 211 posts

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 10:48 PM

Even though I've been visiting practically every day for the last two years now, I almost never post outside of COT. One major reason for this is because I'm very curious about what the post count range is for each member title and accompanying image. Since the mods and admins refuse to tell anyone about that detail, my only option is with brute force, by literally recording the ranks and images I've reached so far, and at what numbers for each of them. Of course, the images are available only to Premier Members, and I currently lack the means to become one, so that means the only way for me to know for sure the range for each rank image is to post only during the week of BZPower's anniversary, to take advantage of those Premier Perks. Say what you want, but those are my reasons for rarely ever posting on this site.

Woah, dude. XD That is the most intense research that I've heard of. I remember a topic long ago, though, where somebody just asked this, and it turned out that people became tohunga, turaga, toa, etc, at different post counts. The most be some other force involved in this!

banner1.png

#49 Offline ShadowBionics

ShadowBionics
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 25-December 04
  • 2,432 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 01 2014 - 03:40 AM

Yeah, pretty much what I do. Since most of the people I used to talk to are gone, I don't really feel like posting much anymore. That, and I've had some harassment issues in the past and I almost don't like talking to anyone or expressing myself. I got hate just because I mentioned the movie "The Amazing Spider-Man." I didn't even say it was a good movie or a bad movie, just the fact I mentioned it, I end up getting hate for it. 

So unless I'm updating a chapter to one of my cruddy literary works, I hardly post anymore, either because I don't think I have anything worthwhile to say or I fear that anything I do say will make people on here hate me even more than they already do.

[Bionicle: Unsolved Mysteries]

No, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!

#50 Offline Kask Daxxe

Kask Daxxe
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 09-October 08
  • 216 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 01 2014 - 06:15 AM

Aye, thats me. I've been on since 2008 and haven't reached 200 posts.

How Do you do?

#51 Offline Tanu Toa of Earth

Tanu Toa of Earth
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-November 07
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 01 2014 - 07:56 AM

You aren't the only one by any means. I've been here since... uh, Voya Nui.

Posted Image

#52 Offline You just lost the game

You just lost the game
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 01-July 08
  • 1,344 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 01 2014 - 08:03 AM

When Bionicle was still around, I'd post a lot.

Now that it's gone, I simply lurk ,and post when I deem it worthy of one.

ron_burgundy.jpg?w=500                

#53 Offline MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 22-December 04
  • 2,719 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 01 2014 - 06:06 PM

I go through times of just reading, but lately have been starting to post. It varies

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

#54 Offline Trizzlers

Trizzlers
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 01-August 14
  • 407 posts

Posted Aug 02 2014 - 12:33 AM

I started looking at discussions on this site since I was 8 but never made account because I was lazy and didn't feel like it. Now with all the hype recently I decided to finally make one and I don't regret it.

The - Trist - You - Can't - Resist.

-Trizzlers...

Posted Image

#55 Offline Toa Varova

Toa Varova
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 30-December 07
  • 1,901 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 02 2014 - 01:25 AM

I've gone for days on end without posting. I used to post a lot more often. I dunno what happened.

Nothing could prepare Sybre for the final battle.

Head down to Snax in the comic forum to see the battle that will determine the fate of Sybre.

Out of Snax

See it now. Do it.

Click here to go to Snax!

"If you're really gonna refuse to die... I'll definitely enjoy the next 11 minutes."

-Toa Varova, Out of Snax Part 3

#56 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 02 2014 - 05:14 PM

I do plenty of lurking, but only really post when I'm posting an MoC (which has only happened like 5 times in the years I've been here). I'm generally just a lurker even on sites other than BZP.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

#57 Offline Phauxx Lightning

Phauxx Lightning
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Seventh Toa

• 23-September 07
  • 6,363 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2014 - 07:43 AM

I don't end up like this that often. Normally if I'm not posting I'm not on the site entirely. Whenever I get I look for new topics specifically to comment on them.

Posted Image

#58 Offline UngluedBike

UngluedBike
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 18-November 13
  • 1,002 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2014 - 09:54 AM

I'm pretty sure Roger C-T says he's active here, watching in the background.

15963094246_bc129ba163.jpg

"The end is already written."

#59 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 14-June 08
  • 2,959 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2014 - 01:09 PM

That was me after BZP.new first launched in late 2011, but I gradually visited the site less and less. I'm back, though (hopefully I don't drift off again).

webmaster.png

#60 Offline danny316p

danny316p
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tohunga

• 09-April 13
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2014 - 02:13 PM

I lurked for years without actually becoming a member. BioniLUG was what pushed me into finally joining.

The funny part was that I'd hung around the Bionicle area at BFVA a little bit every year since 2009. I think I come across as that weird stalker guy who suddenly decided to be friends with everybody and already knows weird insider stuff. This is made that much more awkward by the fact that I don't know much of the Bionicle storyline, but did build "one of those" MOCs that ends up stirring up controversy over trophy categories at BrickFair.

#61 Offline Toa of Geek

Toa of Geek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-June 12
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 07:07 AM

I'm one of those. I don't come on here nearly as often as I used to, and when I do, I don't post a whole lot simply because I don't have a whole lot to say. I'm kinda quiet in real life too. 

By the way, the fact that I'm posting in this topic strikes me as massively ironic.  :P

I really need a better signiature.

#62 Offline Vrahno

Vrahno
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 03-January 05
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 01:50 PM

Me too, but I hardly ever post on any forum I'm registered on. There's one forum I've been lurking on for near a decade without making a post.

#63 Offline Raia

Raia
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 28-April 07
  • 836 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 04:28 PM

Apparently I'm not as intense a lurker as I thought, the really hardcore ones are coming out of the woodwork for this topic. :o  I salute you guys. Seriously though, even when I actively decide "I am going to post more!!" I'll browse through a bunch of topics and pick maybe one or two where I feel like I have something to say.  Another thing is that I'm oddly self-conscious about not having my username appear as the last person to post all over the front page of a forum, so I try to wait for someone else to post. Now that the forums are much less active, this means I usually give up after making two posts in a single board. -_-

aang0tt.png

#64 Offline Fyreball

Fyreball
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 31-May 12
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 06:39 AM

Patron saint of "Read, not post" here. Two years a member, and made my first post yesterday.

Imagination is the new black gold. Guess that means I'm a billionaire.

#65 Offline Doorman

Doorman
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 22-October 11
  • 663 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 11:58 AM

I'm semi-active. I lurk around for hours, but don't see anything I find worth commenting on besides the Mafia and Hitman games over in G&T.

2qt8uwy.jpg

Here's a webcomic you might want to check out.

Like a cross between X-men and ghostbusters.

Except everyone is 12.

I played Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. PM me if you do as well!

#66 Offline Phantomesque

Phantomesque
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 23-March 10
  • 701 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 02:21 PM

it's literally all i do now

with all the rave on hype 'round here ill make an effort to post

Edited by Phantomesque, Aug 27 2014 - 02:51 PM.

EH5Tbhq.png

#67 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 11-March 11
  • 384 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 02:31 PM

I tend to read primarily and not post much. Just a habit that carries on to pretty much every forum I read.

"Now what will come out of this? A new mask of power? Some tooth-claw creature? A Matoran marching band?" - Lewa, The Final Battle

"Nothing is more important than my egomania!" - Clara Oswald, Deep Breath

"I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!" - James, The Fortune Hunters

3DS FC: 2681-0566-5359

#68 Offline Carson Chambliss

Carson Chambliss
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 15-July 10
  • 5,109 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 06 2014 - 10:32 PM

I once posted an average of ten times a day. I've dropped to three or four, which is relatively low.

#69 Offline Phovos

Phovos
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 07-September 07
  • 4,270 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 08 2014 - 01:19 PM

I lurk now and rarely post. I've been busy with other things and other forums and I felt bad because I STILL haven't finished The Bohrok-Kal's Ramblings.

#70 Offline Endless Sea (still alive)

Endless Sea (still alive)
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 22-May 05
  • 1,157 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 09 2014 - 05:45 PM

Hardcore lurker, right here.  I never really have much to say, you see.  :P

I'd actually have something of substance to say here, but I'm too lazy to think of anything.  >_< Er, have some BZPRPG profiles, I guess?

I used to help Dominus Temporis with writing MLWTB back in the day, even if I was really terrible at it.  If anyone's in contact with him, could ya help me get in touch?   :)

#71 Offline Wrinkledlion X

Wrinkledlion X
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 26-January 03
  • 5,078 posts

Posted Sep 10 2014 - 12:06 AM

I tend to check in and make a bunch of lengthy posts about two times a year since Bionicle ended--whenever the mood strikes me and I've got some free time, I guess.

(But who knows what'll happen now that Bionicle's back)

Edited by Wrinkledlion X, Sep 10 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#72 Offline CHRIS PRATT

CHRIS PRATT
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 22-December 08
  • 4,758 posts

Posted Sep 11 2014 - 01:02 AM

Outside of my blog and Games & Trivia, the only place I ever really post consistently is the Library, but only when publishing a story there. Otherwise I'll read a bunch of stuff, but occasions where I post tend to be rarer. 

b3_chapter_1.jpg

#73 Offline Roki

Roki
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 02-December 02
  • 1,695 posts

Posted Sep 11 2014 - 01:42 AM

I used to post a lot more than I do now. 
1676 posts in ~12 years averages out to 133 a year.
Yet I doubt I have posted 133 times in the past year, I mostly just read these days.

- Roki

Posted Image

#74 Offline Wrinkledlion X

Wrinkledlion X
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 26-January 03
  • 5,078 posts

Posted Sep 11 2014 - 10:20 AM

I used to post a lot more than I do now. 
1676 posts in ~12 years averages out to 133 a year.
Yet I doubt I have posted 133 times in the past year, I mostly just read these days.

- Roki

Oh, mathing this is kind of fun.

I've been a member for 4247 days, and I've made 4968 posts in that time. Even though I've hardly posted much in the last few years, I used to post often enough that my average is still 1.17 posts per day. Long live 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users