Quick Question

Can Mata Nui still transform Matoran into toa regardless of being on Spherus Magna?

Whenever I make a toa MOC, I just think of a matoran touching the mask of life at the great temple (there's got to be a temple or shrine holding the Ignika, right?) and then Mata Nui sprinkles toa dust on him/her and boom toa. (this is on Spherus Magna btw.)

But still, can it happen?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Ehhh yes and no. The Ignika (and Mata Nui since he's within the mask thus possessing its power) is able to transform Matoran into Toa and Toa into Turaga, and Turaga back into Toa and then back into Matoran. Following my drift? Like look what it did to poor Icarax. It has a huge array of powers regarding manipulating life, and a lot of them are listed on BS01.

Since it also has the ability to curse beings that are not destined to wield it, I would imagine this is what would happen if a random Matoran who wasn't necessarily meant to become a Toa touched the mask. Plus I'd think the mask would be under heavy guard again since it holds MN's spirit, as well as enormous power.

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Greg has also indicated that the good guys intend to hide the Ignika from the public. When someone asked if they'd put it in the Valley of the Maze, he replied, "I'd hope not, that's the first place anyone would look for it". ;)

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Still wishing Ignika to devolve the Turaga back into Toa Metru.

Actually, the Ignika will most likely do just that. With Marendar and all, Spherus Magna will need all the help they can get.

Uh, not sure that devolving the Turaga back will help with Marendar, since Marendar exists to kill Toa. They would just be more targets.

If anything it would devolve/evolve Toa into Matoran/Turaga to mask their power... But I don't want to go off of tangents here. :P

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Actually, the Ignika will most likely do just that. With Marendar and all, Spherus Magna will need all the help they can get.

Uh, not sure that devolving the Turaga back will help with Marendar, since Marendar exists to kill Toa. They would just be more targets.

Well it's not like Matoran will help to defeat a being that can break through walls of steel.

• Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Well it's not like Matoran will help to defeat a being that can break through walls of steel.

True, but if the Mask of Life wanted to help, it would probably be better off merging Alt. Teridax, Tahu, and Miserix together to make ULTIMATE MAKUTA 38.0 and sending it to beat Marendar instead of giving Marendar more things to shoot at. 

• Upvote 4

True, but if the Mask of Life wanted to help, it would probably be better off merging Alt. Teridax, Tahu, and Miserix together to make ULTIMATE MAKUTA 38.0 and sending it to beat Marendar instead of giving Marendar more things to shoot at.

Well, I bet even Marendar cannot handle with, idk, 100 Toa(or more)? So devolving Turaga into Toa again can help, I think

Also, is Marendar malfuctioning or something ? I mean, it's not like the Toa WILL start a revolution, they've actually just arrived.

Edited by HoloTheWise

Well, I bet even Marendar cannot handle with, idk, 100 Toa(or more)? So devolving Turaga into Toa again can help, I think

Also, is Marendar malfuctioning or something ? I mean, it's not like the Toa WILL start a revolution, they've actually just arrived.

To quote The Powers That Be, "it was believed that no Toa or team of Toa would be able to stand against him". This is a GB talking - they built this thing to hunt down and destroy Toa, be it one Toa or 100. And so, having detected Toa on Spherus Magna, it's doing just that. 

• Upvote 1

I feel like it would be better for the Mata Nui Turaga to form a Turaga Nui to beat Marendar. Or for the Toa Mahri to somehow come back and form a Kaita while the other two create a diversion.

You gotta wonder if Marendar has its sights on kaita as well. I feel it might, as Kaita are essentially just combined toa.

• Upvote 3

Tu2d6W7.jpg

To quote The Powers That Be, "it was believed that no Toa or team of Toa would be able to stand against him". This is a GB talking - they built this thing to hunt down and destroy Toa, be it one Toa or 100. And so, having detected Toa on Spherus Magna, it's doing just that.

To me it seems like the simplest way to ensure the robot is fit for such a purpose is to give it the following attributes (if it can be afforded with the tools and resources at hand):

• The ability to disable the protodermic powers of all beings it encounters.
  • Incredibly tough to even scratch with brute force alone.
  • Very hard to detect (cloaked?), so you can't anticipate an attack.
  • Able to disintegrate or crush the brain and Kanohi of the target, to prevent a potential revival.
  • Very quick, so even if you can scratch it you would have a very hard time touching it.
  • Actually screw it, just make it turn invisible and intangible at will and teleport a blade into your skull.
The machine seems hopeless to defeat. The heroes will then proceed to defeat Marendar with some trope like it still being possible to topple the death tank into a primitive pit trap (whereupon it can be deactivated before it manages to retaliate), or maybe it just runs out of power (or overloads) after (attempting) too much murder. Tire it out, essentially. Maybe the Ignika can still mess with it, or maybe Ehlek's species are unexpectedly capable of tearing through its protosteel shell (because anti-protosteel weapons may not have existed in the minds of the GBs who constructed Marendar, so they made him out of the most powerful steel they had). Maybe its only intended target is Toa, so it doesn't do squat against Skadki powers or Vortixx tech. Maybe The Shadowed One dumps the stolen Makuta virus on the thing and it collapses.

Maybe I am guessing wildly. :)

Edited by Katuko
  • Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

My thoery about how marender is going to die is that the toa are going to have to beat him without useing their powers like the nuva and the bohrok kal.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

Sure, but if Marendar has nothing to kill, it might become dormant again, leaving anybody able to mess with it.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

They wouldn't need to if all of them were Matoran. Marendar kills Toa.

Ergo, 0 Toa=Dormant and peaceful Marendar. Then the Matoran can do whatever they want to it, because it only kills Toa. It does not target Matoran.

Or maybe Skakdi come and help. I dunno.

You is all forgetting something. TSO had copies of the viruses that Teridax infected Mata Nui with. Considering that they brought down the MU robot, I'll bet that they'd work easily against something smaller like Marendar. 

And... if the Toa all devolved/evolved into Turaga/Matoran, then all of the other bad guys would take advantage of the villages being practically defenceless, and just attack. Makes me wonder if Marendar will target the Glatorian "Toa". They aren't true Toa, in that they aren't biomechanical and they can't use kanohi powers, so they may not be targets for Marendar. If that were the case, perhaps the Ignika will turn more Glatorian into "Toa" to fight Marendar. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

TSO had copies of the viruses that Teridax infected Mata Nui with. Considering that they brought down the MU robot, I'll bet that they'd work easily against something smaller like Marendar.

That's an interesting idea. I wouldn't bet on it, though -- who knows how specific to the giant robot's design those were? They might not do a thing to a completely different design. Also depends on Marendar's powers.

Makes me wonder if Marendar will target the Glatorian "Toa". They aren't true Toa, in that they aren't biomechanical and they can't use kanohi powers, so they may not be targets for Marendar. If that were the case, perhaps the Ignika will turn more Glatorian into "Toa" to fight Marendar.

Well, the Great Beings knew the Glatorian used to have tools that had a charge, and while charged up, they had elemental powers, in the Core War. Since Marendar was designed to protect Spherus Magna inhabitants from Toa, I think it would have to be programmed to tell the difference.

However, apparently from answers Greg has given, what Mata Nui did wasn't merely charging up those weapons, but actually granted powers to the Glatorian like Toa. So, it would come down to how it scans beings to determine this. Does it scan the entirety of matter connected to a person and if it detects any elemental power, calls them Toa? In that case the still-charged weapons could make them targets. Does it scan to ensure the power is in them, not in the weapon? Maybe, but that might take more skill in programming it. Which they could have done, I dunno, but what I'm driving at is there would be an even easier way to scan for "not Toa" -- any being made of normal matter, not protodermis, could be exempted. That would require less processing power so they might have opted for that for efficiency and saving time programming it.

So, that seems likely, in which case Glatorian would definitely be safe. :shrugs:

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)