makutas body

After makuta died what happend to the matoran universe? is it lieing on sm or did it blow up or what?

I looked on BS01 but i couldn't find the answer

thanks

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

As far as we know, it's lying on its side on Spherus Magna.

You sure he's on it's side? I'd imagine that would shake up the insides quite a bit (no artificial gravity n what not) and not really leave much room for survival.. I always imagined him to be kind of flat on his back.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

As far as we know, it's lying on its side on Spherus Magna.

You sure he's on it's side? I'd imagine that would shake up the insides quite a bit (no artificial gravity n what not) and not really leave much room for survival.. I always imagined him to be kind of flat on his back.

Me too, but...

Is it really confirmed that the robot landed upside down?

Actually, the comic clearly showed it on its side. (Angled slightly upside-down.)

Could be one of many things that differ from source to source in the end; maybe canonically it's inaccurate but without an image for it, I would ignore that. And this may be confusing the main robot for the prototype which crashed face-first, but this was as it was disintegrating; it's not still there at all.

Image of the main robot's final resting pose.

Image of prototype robot's fall (and disintegration) (That was apparently not online anywhere yet except uncropped in scans of the comic page; this is one I've prepared for my retelling.)

As for flipping it to its back (the main robot), a tiny population of Agori was able to put pieces of the prototype together, so it may be possible. One portrayal even has the prototype originally falling on its face (I mean long ago, when its unstable power source originally made its pieces disconnect; this image), though I personally headcanon that out as others aren't consistent with that. It does make sense they might want to flip it before the inertial dampeners and gravity fail in case that would save lives of people they hadn't gotten out yet. (Think stubborn-in-face-of-volcano people who refuse to evacuate.)

As for pyramid versus giant-flipping, since the Agori's putting together of the prototype one was recent, it stands to reason that whatever means they used to get over the practical problems are likely still around. And there's actually a very simple possible explanation for how they might do it I thought of for retelling, that I don't mind revealing now. Humans making pyramids had no access to powers, or tools with powers; they had to use wood scaffolding or various similar means (it's still debated exactly what). But the original construction of both giant robots almost certainly involved gravity-nulling tools of some kind (or perhaps modes, with the power in each part itself; haven't yet decided which I like better). These would still be around, so evidently either the Agori had those tools, or remembered how to activate such powers in the parts. They might know how to do the same to enable easy flipping of the main giant. (Once it's weightless, just use ropes to maneuver it.)

I'm just going to go with this for now.

I'm betting its exact pose isn't something they're terribly fussy about, but the piece of Aqua Magna definitely hit him from behind, so at the very least, it's pretty universal that he fell forward.

Actually nope...

A shadow fell over the robots, the shadow of the moon of Bota Magna returning to its place of

origin. Using the last of his energy, Mata Nui rose and shoved Makuta backward into the path of the planetoid. Its edge impacted the robot, smashing in the metallic head with a sickening crunch. Makuta’s armored form began to topple toward Mata Nui and the Bara Magna desert. Using every bit of mechanical muscle he possessed, Mata Nui caught Makuta and pushed him aside, causing the massive robot to fall onto the Black Spikes. The impact of the robot crushed the mountains to powder, even as the twin collisions of Bota Magna and Aqua Magna shook the entire world.

If you go with that, he's on his back, most likely. You could skate a landing-on-his-side thing out of it, but not landing on his face. That's out.

I'm betting its exact pose isn't something they're terribly fussy about

Falling on back would be infinitely better than side or front, and side would even be at least a little safer than front (once the artifical gravity shut down), so I'd say it matters a ton to them...

the piece of Aqua Magna definitely hit him from behind

Um, it was from the side. :P

http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/d/d9/Comic_Makuta_Struck_by_Aqua_Magna_Fragment.png

If you go with that, he's on his back, most likely. You could skate a landing-on-his-side thing out of it, but not landing on his face. That's out.

As much as I'd like it to be that simple, it isn't necessarily. In real life a powerful impact like that could spin you as you fall, and so could someone pushing you as you fall. He really could have landed in any direction. He had to fall away from Mata Nui, yes -- falling forward onto his face in a simple fashion is out, but he could still spin and land on his face.

I think "on his side" is pretty settled given the evidence, but asking Greg to be sure (mentioning the comic shows side -- Greg might forget that and we don't wanna risk forgetfulness retcons) might be best.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Ok, what if he landed on his side, and because it's a limp body that can't remain on it's side, it falls on it's back. Structurally, since he could no longer keep himself on his side, he collapsed the rest of the way onto his back.

I think this image  of Teridax's end shows him to be in a structurally stable position. Additionally, if that position was unstable. it would be more likely to end up with Teridax on his face, not his back. 

Ok, what if he landed on his side, and because it's a limp body that can't remain on it's side, it falls on it's back. Structurally, since he could no longer keep himself on his side, he collapsed the rest of the way onto his back.

I think this image  of Teridax's end shows him to be in a structurally stable position. Additionally, if that position was unstable. it would be more likely to end up with Teridax on his face, not his back. 

Oh, duh. For some reason I remembered it as him in a fetal position. My bad! :)

new_sig_legacy_2.png