I feel like this might have too much overlap with the "How should Bionicle be brought back?" topic, which has involved many, many discussions of this very subject. I'm not staff, though, so maybe they might feel differently.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

i would like to see the voya nui resistance turned into toa (yes even velika) then the mask of time is stolen by one of makutas old supporters who wants to use it to travel back in time to warn makuta ( he wouldent sucsed though cause i hate time travel in fan fic) velika would be manipulating the new toa team into enacting his will. then the guy with the mask of time flees into the matoran universe witch is smashed up and has low gravity. Then theres the big reveal when the toa voya (thats what they would be called) are inedvertenly close to thwarting velika. (remeber they still think he's one of them) and Velika reveals that he is a great being and says that everything they have acomplished was beacause of him and was furthering his agenda. The toa struggle with this revelation. THen velika tries to kill them but they escape. Menwhile the baraki are raising an army of ex dark hunters skral bone hunters and all other types of scum and try to take over sphernus magna. The toa voya try to get out of the matoran univerce but velika used his power to destroy key parts and the whole thing is falling apart. 

Thats all ive thought of so far

that said i dont think this is how bionicle will be brought back. 

oh and the golden being would have to die beacuase the ability to make wishes come true is a bit op

what if some skakdi wished for all the toa to die

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

oh and the golden being would have to die beacuase the ability to make wishes come true is a bit op

Well, there may actually be some limits to the golden being's power. Check out this excerpt from Sahmad's Tale:

I started to protest, and then something made me stop. I realized that I could have dreamed Annona out of existence before, but didn't. Maybe because somehow I knew it wouldn't work. If the golden being could have eliminated Annona that easily, he would have done so.

This suggests the golden being isn't powerful enough to grant a wish for Annona's outright death. I don't know if that applies to all beings, or just powerful beings like Annona, but it would make a reasonable limit to its wish-granting power. ;)

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

ya that makes sence

this topic is kind of dead. :(

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

... One day and you consider it 'dead'? What are you expecting? 30 replies per minute?

It'd be awesome if a Bionicle relaunch started off in the far future. I mean so far in the future that barely any of the junk that happened 2001-2010 mattered. That way it continues the original storyline in a way while being approachable to newcomers. No Toa Nuva, Makuta, none of that. An almost fresh start, with very few returning characters. Maybe the MU inhabitants could have all died out or something, since they can't reproduce and they've all got to kick the bucket sometime.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 1

i would like to see the voya nui resistance turned into toa (yes even velika) then the mask of time is stolen by one of makutas old supporters who wants to use it to travel back in time to warn makuta ( he wouldent sucsed though cause i hate time travel in fan fic) velika would be manipulating the new toa team into enacting his will. then the guy with the mask of time flees into the matoran universe witch is smashed up and has low gravity. Then theres the big reveal when the toa voya (thats what they would be called) are inedvertenly close to thwarting velika. (remeber they still think he's one of them) and Velika reveals that he is a great being and says that everything they have acomplished was beacause of him and was furthering his agenda. The toa struggle with this revelation. THen velika tries to kill them but they escape. Menwhile the baraki are raising an army of ex dark hunters skral bone hunters and all other types of scum and try to take over sphernus magna. The toa voya try to get out of the matoran univerce but velika used his power to destroy key parts and the whole thing is falling apart. 

That sounds strangely identical to one of the early proposed story outlines we had at SM.com... 

Edited by XONAR
  • Upvote 1
Bliss.png

The new story should be a prequel far easy to do.  

Not really. A prequel could in fact be much harder (since it would have to take pains not to contradict previous canon or change the overall outcome of the original Bionicle story), not to mention far less interesting (since the end result is a foregone conclusion in a prequel and besides, the most interesting stories taking place prior to the end of Bionicle have largely already been told).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That sounds strangely identical to one of the early proposed story outlines we had at SM.com... 

As i remember i sugested the voya nui resistance turning into toa...

wearewaiting.gif

As i remember i sugested the voya nui resistance turning into toa...

As I remember, iBrow Voltex established the entire basis for that story outline, including the VNRT Toa. It's a moot point, however, since that story has long since been scrapped. 

Bliss.png

The way I would bring it back is to have it under intense security. To where under any circumstance, to try and keep it secret. Until the next three months for the next year I would give little hints and small leaks out on the internet and a day before the finalized website goes up I would release a slue of information and leaks. Then I would officially release it.

Year 1 The Bone Wars

In the first year the story would go as follows. After the planet of spherus magna is reformed a new threat would come by the name of kabrua, a vorox from the once mysterious jungle moon of bota magna. In search for conquest and destruction. And the old toa heroes along side new ones would have to defeat him, his allies and his army made using the mask of creation that he had stolen from a toa. That was given to said toa from artakha. Months before the events that had unfolded.

Year 2 The Great Mask Hunt

The toa discover that there's a great mask for each element and so they have to find them all to protect the planet. Then a new threat from legend comes and attacks the planet in search for their now stolen masks so the toa have to defeat this new threat and explain (if possible) that they where just trying to protect the planet. When assembled each mask would be able to use each power from every mask in existence including their own.

Year 3 The Imprisoned ones revenge

The imprisoned scrall and piraka from the great battle have escaped and formed a new alliance with each other. Now they are trying to take their revenge on the toa heroes and claim the planet for themselves. The toa heroes now have to defeat the scrall and piraka once and for all. And once more bring peace and harmony back to spherus magna.

Year 4 The Great Outbreak

The red star has fallen on to the planet. Bypassing the planets security and impacting on to the surface. And along with it. Zombie Matoran that have rampaged the planet now old fallen friends must help their old partners in helping to defeat this new threat and bring a cure to the world to kill off the zombie virus. And they, the toa and matoran will have to build even greater defenses out in space to protect the planet from even greater threats.

Year 5 A New Threat From Space

A new threat that endangered and destroyed past planets has come to spherus magna. Now the toa heroes and matoran have to build space fighters to protect the planet from this new threat and find out what exactly it is and destroy it from the inside. After destroying it they discovered clues as to where the great beings where from and as to what happened to their original home world.

Year 6 A God Beyond Ours

The toa and matoran build a massive ship from the remains of their last adversary in search for the great spirits original home world. For months they come up empty. Then one day they found a new world. They landed and found a giant city that was abandoned. There they discover what happened to the great beings and why the came to spherus magna. It was because long ago the great beings had a world that had fallen into a chaotic whorl of violence and crime so they built a facility that they used to make robotic police to protect their world from monters and crime. Then one day all the villains escaped and they managed to capture a lot of the but not enough and soon the villains had built a giant ship to take down their facility mean while they sent out their best hero to deal with problem on other planets. Those where ploys to try and make this facility unguarded and that's when they attacked. The city was completely desimated. But a few workers managed to escape the chaos and found spherus magna. Where they made new sentient species and animals to inhabit this new world. Then chaos fell amongst the sentient species called the glatorian. Due to finding a new energy source called energized protodermis. The great beings stopped the madness before the planet was completely destroyed. Then the great beings creating a giant robot called mata nui. But during the liftoff due to the chaos that once almost destroyed the planet. Their new world was split into three parts. aqua magna, bota magna, and spherus magna renamed bara magna by the survivors. Then well you know what happens then.

Year 7 (Where Do I Go From Here?)

This is as far as I could think to take the story. Any ideas people?

Edited by AidanBionicle1
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Perhaps ditch the classic six elements in favor of elements that didn't see the light of day in terms of sets (like Iron, Lightning, Plasma, Plant Life, Gravity, etc.). This could open up doors for pieces in new colors (or new pieces altogether).

• Upvote 4

mindeth the cobwebs

Um... My story idea makes some sense, but I bet there's a ton of plot holes. So, Matoro sacrifices himself to save the other Toa and the Ignika, and bursts into particles. What if, when Makuta got a moon smashed into his head, he summoned up the particles of Matoro to make a physical shell, just waiting for him. In Matoro's body, he escapes and creates himself a new form.

Well, the story sounds cool, but would be very hard for new fans to get...

Perhaps ditch the classic six elements in favor of elements that didn't see the light of day in terms of sets (like Iron, Lightning, Plasma, Plant Life, Gravity, etc.). This could open up doors for pieces in new colors (or new pieces altogether).

That sounds like a cool idea. It would shake things up a little.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Oh certainly. We need toa that use elements other that the classic fire, water, air, ice, stone, and earth or fwaise for short?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

New planet that mata nui once landed on, new beings that are uncovering his purpose and maybe eventually travel to Spherus?

Idk, i just want to see the online serials complete and get some closure....

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

First of all, I'd like to say that Bionicle's return is not definite.

Second of all, judging by what I've seen and what I have been inclined to believe, there is a quest for the Mask of Creation, similar to the quest for the Ignika, only to summon the Great Beings somehow. That's... pretty much all I've got.

CORRECTION: Just finding the Mask of Creation; I don't know what I was saying when I said Great Beings.

Yay! Fonts!!

Menwhile the baraki are raising an army of ex dark hunters skral bone hunters and all other types of scum and try to take over sphernus magna.

Yes, they will come back, and take over MU as they intended. Without the Brotherhood to stop them, nothing can stand in their way!!! (Apart from Mata Nui, but oh well...)

Wait, is Pridak even still alive?

The way I would bring it back is to have it under intense security. To where under any circumstance, to try and keep it secret. Until the next three months for the next year I would give little hints and small leaks out on the internet and a day before the finalized website goes up I would release a slue of information and leaks. Then I would officially release it.

Year 1 The Bone Wars

In the first year the story would go as follows. After the planet of spherus magna is reformed a new threat would come by the name of kabrua, a vorox from the once mysterious jungle moon of bota magna. In search for conquest and destruction. And the old toa heroes along side new ones would have to defeat him, his allies and his army made using the mask of creation that he had stolen from a toa. That was given to said toa from artakha. Months before the events that had unfolded.

Year 2 The Great Mask Hunt

The toa discover that there's a great mask for each element and so they have to find them all to protect the planet. Then a new threat from legend comes and attacks the planet in search for their now stolen masks so the toa have to defeat this new threat and explain (if possible) that they where just trying to protect the planet. When assembled each mask would be able to use each power from every mask in existence including their own.

Year 3 The Imprisoned ones revenge

The imprisoned scrall and piraka from the great battle have escaped and formed a new alliance with each other. Now they are trying to take their revenge on the toa heroes and claim the planet for themselves. The toa heroes now have to defeat the scrall and piraka once and for all. And once more bring peace and harmony back to spherus magna.

Year 4 The Great Outbreak

The red star has fallen on to the planet. Bypassing the planets security and impacting on to the surface. And along with it. Zombie Matoran that have rampaged the planet now old fallen friends must help their old partners in helping to defeat this new threat and bring a cure to the world to kill off the zombie virus. And they, the toa and matoran will have to build even greater defenses out in space to protect the planet from even greater threats.

Year 5 A New Threat From Space

A new threat that endangered and destroyed past planets has come to spherus magna. Now the toa heroes and matoran have to build space fighters to protect the planet from this new threat and find out what exactly it is and destroy it from the inside. After destroying it they discovered clues as to where the great beings where from and as to what happened to their original home world.

Year 6 A God Beyond Ours

The toa and matoran build a massive ship from the remains of their last adversary in search for the great spirits original home world. For months they come up empty. Then one day they found a new world. They landed and found a giant city that was abandoned. There they discover what happened to the great beings and why the came to spherus magna. It was because long ago the great beings had a world that had fallen into a chaotic whorl of violence and crime so they built a facility that they used to make robotic police to protect their world from monters and crime. Then one day all the villains escaped and they managed to capture a lot of the but not enough and soon the villains had built a giant ship to take down their facility mean while they sent out their best hero to deal with problem on other planets. Those where ploys to try and make this facility unguarded and that's when they attacked. The city was completely desimated. But a few workers managed to escape the chaos and found spherus magna. Where they made new sentient species and animals to inhabit this new world. Then chaos fell amongst the sentient species called the glatorian. Due to finding a new energy source called energized protodermis. The great beings stopped the madness before the planet was completely destroyed. Then the great beings creating a giant robot called mata nui. But during the liftoff due to the chaos that once almost destroyed the planet. Their new world was split into three parts. aqua magna, bota magna, and spherus magna renamed bara magna by the survivors. Then well you know what happens then.

Year 7 (Where Do I Go From Here?)

This is as far as I could think to take the story. Any ideas people?

Great idea.

Yeah, there must be some Fe-matoran still alive. This would be cool, and it would get rid of the fire, water, air, etc. cliche toa team.

I think some massive event should happen on Bota Magna because I feel not enough has happened on this moon.

• Upvote 2

I would started by re-using and adapting the original legend. The story would be happening thousands of years after the end of the previous saga. I always felt like Spherus Magna should have been renamed Mata-nui after the great battle. Well, things would go like that :

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this planet paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself. Time as past since that day, but our world was changed forever.

I would give the story a Mnog style, with us starting as an Agori waking up to that new world. Learning about the Agori and the Matorans. I would only use the Inika Team to be feature as Turaga. We could go anywhere from there.

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

I hope it's something where it starts more or less fresh but the history still counts.
Like a new fan could start fresh from here and never need to find out why those old guys are always talking about how they beat some guy called Makuta if you didn' want to.

"There goes ol' grandpa Hewki again, talking about Bohrok swarms- whatever those were."

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

... One day and you consider it 'dead'? What are you expecting? 30 replies per minute?

It'd be awesome if a Bionicle relaunch started off in the far future. I mean so far in the future that barely any of the junk that happened 2001-2010 mattered. That way it continues the original storyline in a way while being approachable to newcomers. No Toa Nuva, Makuta, none of that. An almost fresh start, with very few returning characters. Maybe the MU inhabitants could have all died out or something, since they can't reproduce and they've all got to kick the bucket sometime.

I like this idea. So far in the future the stuff that happened isn't necessary to know but there could be little hints to what would happen.

I think it would be dope if the new Bionicle (if it happens) opens up with the Toa Mata, Tahu and all of them now as Turaga training and guiding a group of new young Toa or something. Would be cool to see those original characters still around but now as elders. 

That a chunk of the mata nui robot controlled by makuta had a virus an some matoran find that piece and accidentally free makuta and then from nowhere new toa arrive to save [ insert island name ] and bring peace back to that island   

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe

Is this the official space for placing our guesses so that we can later go back to this thread if Bionicle does return and find out who "called it"? :P

I think that the story would take place after the events of 2010, like, far enough into the future that the Matoran and the Agori are all one big community, maybe mixing and mingling with eachother and sharing technologies and stuff, basically so they're like, a new culture/society/whatever. The Toa Mata are still alive and well and being heroic, and the Elemental Lords from Ye Olde Spherus Magna return, or someone or something basically takes their place or becomes the new Lords to try to take over New Spherus Magna or whatever; Basically big scary elemental baddies, kinda like the scary elemental monsters the Toa Mata were to fight in like super early concept work for 01-03. The Toa Mata, being the beloved legendary characters that they are, are the clear choice to be our heroes for this reboot/return/whatever, and take on these new foes to protect Spherus Magna, possibly with Mata Nui somehow being in danger again or a mask in need of finding. Alternatively, it actually IS like the early concept work for 01-03, and it's the Toa Mata fighting these elemental monsters back on the lovely island of Mata Nui. That's my bet and my backup bet. I'm calling it :P

• Upvote 2

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .