Hahli Inika theory

You guys remember the Hahli Inika set, right ? It was a quite unique water set because it featured blue pieces mixed with white in it.

The set

So I was checking Biosector and found this:

Identifiable physical attributes of Ga-Matoran include Kanohi and armor in varying shades of blue, and yellow eyes.

You see ? No white, only blue. So why does she have white shades ? 

Well, there is a type of female Matoran who has white armor. These are the Vo-Matoran. Their element ? Lightning

Physical attributes of Vo-Matoran include blue and white armor and Kanohi.

All Vo-Matoran, including Toa and Turaga, are female.

Have you guessed it already ?  :D

It's know that The Toa Inika have Lightning mixed with their elements.

So, It's possible that Hahli has these white shades on her body because she's a female Ga-Matoran mixed with Lightning 

EDIT: Also take a look on the legs and feet. It looks like the white shade tried to "dominate" these parts, but you know, they can't, because her primary element is Water.

Edited by HoloTheWise
  • Upvote 1

thats an interesting theroy I dont think lego designed her with that in mind they probably added the white in just to look cool. However greg might have caught on later and worked it into the story line if bionicle had continued. how would she get half water half lightining though. Bionicles dont reproduce so she couldent have a water parent and a lightning parent. even if they did both elements are female. IM not trying to be homophobic but two females cant reproduce. Perhapse the lightning powers that the ignika got afected her more as water is a conducter of electricity?

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

The set came before the conclusion that lightning had blue-white color, so I can't say I see correlation as other Inika had the same Lightning powers. Remember, it's stated that this is a power, not elemental affliation, and for a Matoran to be "of a certain element" they need to be elementally associated with it.

And Toa with various elements have constant color overlaps. Toa of Earth can practically look identical to Toa of Stone or Magnetism, or even Toa of Sonics. Toa of Iron could look like Toa of Stone or Fire.

Plus I don't know if Greg stated it anywhere since it's something kind of obvious, but Matoran can only be affiliated with one element, unless we're talking Moral Light Leeching, then it's a different story.

Conclusion, I don't see that Hahli is in any way "part Lightning" or whatever.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

The set came before the conclusion that lightning had blue-white color, so I can't say I see correlation as other Inika had the same Lightning powers. Remember, it's stated that this is a power, not elemental affliation, and for a Matoran to be "of a certain element" they need to be elementally associated with it.

And Toa with various elements have constant color overlaps. Toa of Earth can practically look identical to Toa of Stone or Magnetism, or even Toa of Sonics. Toa of Iron could look like Toa of Stone or Fire.

Plus I don't know if Greg stated it anywhere since it's something kind of obvious, but Matoran can only be affiliated with one element, unless we're talking Moral Light Leeching, then it's a different story.

Yes, Lightning is an elemental power

Sure, Toa of Earth can look identical to Toa of Stone, but what this has to do with the theory ? 

The Inika have their normal elements mixed with Lightning, and they cannot separate them.

Their bodies were charged with lightning.

The Toa Inika's Elemental Powers were all permanently entwined with Lightning, which meant that they could not separate their Elemental Power from the Lightning.

Edited by HoloTheWise

What about the other Toa inikas?

I'm sure that, other than Matoro, they don't have white in their color schemes. Yet they still have lighting entwined powers.

Therefore, while their powers maybe mixed with lightning, This does not change their current elemental affiliation

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

Nuparu has light grey, which is close enough, since his armor is darker.  Matoro, already white, got some light blue, the other lightning color.  Kongu got silver, and jaller got gold.  Also, I have another theory: lightning is conducted by water and Ice.  Hahli and Matoro changed the most, colorwise, because their inner elements "conducted' the color change somehow.  The other elements don't conduct electricity, so very little color change.  While on this topic, why did Hewkii get darker?  Aside from brown sets not selling well.

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Alternately, sometimes a set is just a set, and its colors can therefore be completely unrelated to the bloated mess of the expanded Bionicle story. I presume white was chosen as a unique accent for the set, and nothing more.

~B~

• Upvote 7

We can list the elemental colors we know of, but not colors that have not been used. Before 2006, all Stone sets were brown. Brown and tan in the Mata Nui sets, with some use of black and burnt orange. Brown and gray was used in the Metru Nui sets. The Roporak was brown, but I suppose it wasn't really of the Stone element. Come 2006, though, and suddenly we must add both yellow and metal colors to Stone.

If Stone could receive such a radical addition of color, I don't see the problem with Water gaining white - it is found in sea foam, which Hahli's armor is probably meant to symbolize. The green of her Mahri form likely taken from seaweed... or it was simply chosen because it looks nice enough. :)

• Upvote 1

I've always felt that the rules for color/element combos in Bionicle should never really be hard and fast. White can be a water color if you want it to be. Just like How, say, orange can be an earth color. It's not a color that you'd first associate with the element, but if it's pleasing to the eye then there's no reason not to use it.

• Upvote 1

Yes, Lightning is an elemental power

Sure, Toa of Earth can look identical to Toa of Stone, but what this has to do with the theory ? 

The Inika have their normal elements mixed with Lightning, and they cannot separate them.

Their bodies were charged with lightning.

The Toa Inika's Elemental Powers were all permanently entwined with Lightning, which meant that they could not separate their Elemental Power from the Lightning.

Lightning is normally an Elemental Power, but, like all Elements, there are non-Elemental users (such as the Suukorak's Rhotuka power to create electrical cages). The Toa Inika had Lightning powers, but they didn't have the precise control over it associated with Elemental-level users. For instance, Jaller Inika could create, control, and absorb Fire, while Lightning was just intertwined with the Fire he created. He couldn't control or absorb preexisting Lightning the way he could with Fire.

As for the theory, it's interesting, but probably not something Greg had in mind. There have been lots of examples of Secondary Element colors (which were thought of late into BIONICLE's run) coincidentally matching preexisting character of Primary Elements, like Onepu coincidentally have Ba-Matoran coloration.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Interesting line of thinking. Like the others said, there's no real reason to adopt it since it doesn't apply consistently to the whole team, but you may be onto something as far as what made Greg or whoever come up with blue and white for lightning, if subconsciously. :shrugs:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

You can headcanon that if you like, but the real reason is the set designers thought that it looked cool and that Toa are not bound to strict colour schemes. As long as she's mostly blue and looks watery, then that's all good. Even if that means a toa of water, lightning and ice could all walk into a room and you wouldn't know which was which until you asked them.

• Upvote 1

I doubt it. The Ignika could possibly make Matoran of two elements if it wanted to, but nah. 

Also, that would seem to have limitations. For example, Jaller couldn't build non-lightening-laced fire. A Toa of Fire and Stone wouldn't be able to light a fire without making stone as well, and that's not nearly as useful as just plain fire. So probably not. 

How exactly are they possible "in theory"?

What theory are you talking about

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

***Toa Kyraan***

There're no rules that state that it's impossible, but we have yet to see any "natural" examples.

Also, I'd like to point out that Takanuva never could have had Elemental-level control of both Light and Shadow at once. For the Karda Nui saga, he could only fire Shadow blasts from one hand. He didn't have the precise control a hypothetical Toa of Shadow would. For him to be able to, he would have had to lose his Elemental-level Light powers. Just to add, he couldn't absorb Light, though, because of the Shadow Leech's psychological barrier (his Avohkii let him recharge another way, though). Basically, Takanuva had lessened control of both Elements for the 2008 story.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

There're no rules that state that it's impossible, but we have yet to see any "natural" examples.

Also, I'd like to point out that Takanuva never could have had Elemental-level control of both Light and Shadow at once. For the Karda Nui saga, he could only fire Shadow blasts from one hand. He didn't have the precise control a hypothetical Toa of Shadow would. For him to be able to, he would have had to lose his Elemental-level Light powers. Just to add, he couldn't absorb Light, though, because of the Shadow Leech's psychological barrier (his Avohkii let him recharge another way, though). Basically, Takanuva had lessened control of both Elements for the 2008 story.

Hali didn't have complete cotrol of lighting either. it came out whenever she used water. Also maybe it affected hali more than the other toa beacause water is a conducter for electricity

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

So, is she a toa of lightning with water powers or a toa of water with lightning powers? I'm confused.

And going off your train of thought, does she become a toa of the green when she's a Mahri just because she's blue and green?

This idea kinda came to me after reading your post. I always kinda assumed that Toa would be able to control the elements around them in a similar way to how bending works in Avatar: The Last Airbender. In that show, water benders could control plants, because water exists within plants. I assume Hahli could possibly do a similar thing with her control over the element of water. 

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Hali didn't have complete cotrol of lighting either. it came out whenever she used water. Also maybe it affected hali more than the other toa beacause water is a conducter for electricity

It was probably more effective with Hahli for that reason, but I doubt she had more precise control of the Lightning as a result.

So, is she a toa of lightning with water powers or a toa of water with lightning powers? I'm confused.

And going off your train of thought, does she become a toa of the green when she's a Mahri just because she's blue and green?

This idea kinda came to me after reading your post. I always kinda assumed that Toa would be able to control the elements around them in a similar way to how bending works in Avatar: The Last Airbender. In that show, water benders could control plants, because water exists within plants. I assume Hahli could possibly do a similar thing with her control over the element of water. 

I don't quite thing Elemental Powers in BIONICLE work the same way as bending in Avatar. The main problem I see is that benders can't create more of their element, which is an important aspect of Elemental Powers in BIONICLE. I remember seeing Katara in an Avatar episode trying to work with a puddle of water and I thought, "Why doesn't she just make more? ... Oh, right, wrong franchise."

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Ummm... It has been stated that Matoran are created with affiliation of AN element. An element, as in one element.

Natural dual-element affiliation does not exist, unless you want to get into weird experiments and whatever like it was accomplished with Shadow Leeches, then sure be my guest. But naturally, dual-element Matoran are not created.

EDIT: I just checked the Toa page on BS01 and it says that they have control of a single element, further proving that you can't have Toa/Matoran of 2 elements.

Edited by Archon~

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***