A bunch of Mixel eyed critters

So after I had completed my BBCC68 entry I kind of went into the opposite direction and made some smaller builds, using the awesome new eye print parts available in the Mixel sets. Most of these are just some fun experiments in shaping and character design, nothing too serious at all. They were pretty quick builds too, not taking me more than an hour or two to complete each.

The first and most unrefined one, mostly built to use the colors and kanohi.
14508655424_e4e7a3ea5f_m_d.jpg  

Jheemarssun, the Lizard King.
14491215796_06cae4dd4b_m_d.jpg  

Some kind of tiny bird thing.
14564028502_ba7037aa6e_m_d.jpg  

Sir Leoraph Donmike, a turtle guard for Jheemarsun.
14386796398_746cd41770_m_d.jpg 14570058801_decc7daa8d_m_d.jpg

And a worm.

14363149019_5fe16235f8_m_d.jpg

So yeah, these were just a fun change of pace from building robots and bigger stuff. I do have plans for some greater things however...

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 9

These are all awesome. My favorites are Jheemarssun and the bird. So many good connections and part usages, and they all have so much character. Excellent work.

Edited by The Swimming Beard

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I just love the shapes and contours you've managed to create here. The bird is probably the best example, with the worm being, perhaps, the weakest.

I still adore that little gold-and-purple thing, though. It's still got the character The Swimming Beard mentioned.

Hey, the worm doesn't have Mixel eyes! :P

Anyway, these are all very creative, and as always I'm envious of your amazing skill in making faces. Sir Leoraph would have to be my favorite; the way you built the lower jaw into that head is awesome, and otherwise the body shaping is great too.

~B~

So great! I've been dying to make use of those Mixel eyes, so I'm glad to see someone has gotten around to it. Loving the quirkiness of these guys. My favorite's gotta be the Lizard King. Such an interesting appearance, and I can't figure out how you built his head! Interested to see what "greater things" you've got in store. ;)