The HUNA Report

Meyres of Drifting Huna

One day My cousin, The 1st Shadow, and I were discussing about the possibility of my own comics and now here I am doing my own series. It focuses on me as an anchorman running a news show. Please feel free to criticize my comic making skills, for I don`t possess  the same experience and skills my cousin has.

With that, on to the comics!

Character Sheets

Main Cast (in the works)

Theta 6

The Villain Squad (in the works)

Comic 1: Intro

Comic 2: Getting Started

Comic 3: Darkness Uprising

Christmas 2014

Comic 4: Theta 6 Assembles

Comic 5: Laziness

Comic 6: An Evil Plot

Comic 7: Let's Get to Work

Comic 9: Kanohi Force Month

Comments and criticism appreciated.

~MtA

Edited by Meyres the Anchorman
  • Upvote 9

meyressignoff.jpg

Link to my comics coming soon... once I start them, that is.

Also, credit to my cousin ~The 1st Shadow~ for my avatar

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGG an intro!!!  :OMG: so much suspense and it hasn't even really started yet!!! (hope it lasts...)  :updown:  

Okay enough of that, now to be serious. I like it so far. :) The photography is nice, and I'm interested in this Carl character... I want to know... who he is... and what he's doing there...  :sly: lol but yeah, full disclosure I'm really eager to see how this plays out. :popcorn:

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

*pokes head in the door* 

Lol he's sleeping on a Furno 2.0 canister. Like the Lego logo in the background and especially the Visorak. I can just picture him sidling up. Good work and keep it up! :)

I thought the cherry red chestplate clashed pretty badly with the orange huna though. :shrugs:

I actually really loved this. You're camera angles and character poses are absolutely ingenious, something one can say of very few photo-based comics. Some of the images were slightly blurry, but the amazing angles and posing made up for any blurriness.

One thing you may want to work on is the text. Maybe consider speech bubbles? The current form of speech clashes with the rest of the art.

But other than that, great work! :)

-Rez

I actually really loved this. You're camera angles and character poses are absolutely ingenious, something one can say of very few photo-based comics. Some of the images were slightly blurry, but the amazing angles and posing made up for any blurriness.

One thing you may want to work on is the text. Maybe consider speech bubbles? The current form of speech clashes with the rest of the art.

But other than that, great work! :)

-Rez

Thank you, Reznas. I was thinking of speech bubbles at one point but decided to go with the colored text technique that my cousin,The 1st Shadow,uses his comics. Also, feel free to look at his works. He`s finished his first season.

Also, new comic!

Comic 2: Getting Started

meyressignoff.jpg

I like how Meyres was sleeping on the Furno canister. When he said Alfred, I was expecting a fancy looking butler type guy, not a Visorak Vohtarak, LOL.

I wonder what all those arm buttons do. "Both metaphorically and on my arm" was my favorite joke of the comic. I was surprised to see Tapole make an appearance.

Excellent work, senor! Keep it up!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

When he said Alfred, I was expecting a fancy looking butler type guy, not a Visorak Vohtarak, LOL.

Actually, I believe he appeared in the 1st Shadow`s comics once or twice. The idea for Alfred was his actually. it was his 6th comic that inspired my series.

And I bring a new comic.

Comic 3: Darkness Uprising

meyressignoff.jpg

Yeah, Alfred was my idea, originally. Meyres and I bounce ideas off each other. He writes some bits for my comics, I help him out with his.

Anyway, glad to see this series taking off so well, cousin. I look forward to seeing what you do with Theta 6 in comics to come. ;)

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Oh. I do remember seeing a Vohtarak somewhere, but I don't remember it being called Alfred.

So now there's a villain! I wonder what he'll do when he actually confronts Meyres.

Also, those Matoran look very much like Piruk and Kazi. Is that coincidence, or are they meant to be them?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Also, those Matoran look very much like Piruk and Kazi. Is that coincidence, or are they meant to be them?

Coincidence, as far as I'm aware. I actually imagine the two to have more of a Merry-and-Pippin sort of role. (For those that haven't read Lord of the Rings, Merry and Pippin were young hobbits that had a habit of getting into lots of mischief.) I suggested to Meyres that those two do just that--cause as much mischief as possible in the background without really getting in the way or even noticed by the main cast.

As of yet, they are unnamed, so I just call them Dude 1 and Dude 2. Meyres may have a better answer, since it's his series. I'm just here to help.

signoffffff.png

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I like this a lot. I really like the ist Shadow's comics, though I never posted, and was sad to see the season end.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Sorry for the lack of uploads. :( I have been very busy recently doing things of all sorts.Post July 4th traveling, account malfunction, More traveling to see my cousin play baseball,More travelling for visiting friends, and going to the beach...Uhg :dazed: My goal is to film tomarrow;Again, Sorry for the delay.  :huna:

meyressignoff.jpg

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the lack of uploads. :( I have been very busy recently doing things of all sorts.Post July 4th traveling, account malfunction, More traveling to see my cousin play baseball,More travelling for visiting friends, and going to the beach...Uhg :dazed: My goal is to film tomarrow;Again, Sorry for the delay.  :huna:

Much_much_later.jpg

OK I actually filmed a comic last Night. Sorry I kept you waiting for A MONTH so.  :uhoh:

meyressignoff.jpg

• 3 months later...

Ever since I learned that  G2 started, and I started being alot more active on BZP (which come to think of it, happened a couple days ago), I was thinking about maybe starting that comic series I thought of doing so manny years ago...

Then I find you. A dude who actually did start one  :P 

I must say I am slightly deterred from starting it now. Ya see, my OC has a mechanical right arm. Although I made him manny, manny years ago, I don't want to be dubbed a copt cat  heh  :blushlaugh: 

As for the comics, I love them :) they definitely have that classic feel that BZP comics had back in the golden days.

I especially like the bit where the villain dips chems into the parts bin to make minions  :D  Gota love that creativity.

I really hope to see more from you. These seem very promosing.

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

• 3 months later...

Hey, Meyres! I'm a good (well, mediocre :P) friend of your cousin, The ~1st~Shadow, and he directed me to your work. And boy, am I glad he did. 

Great job here! Hoping for even more even later!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again, 'gents and ladies. Thank you all for your compliments and critiques! I return bearing more stuff to whet your appitite!

http://www.brickshel...on1/comic05.jpg

http://www.brickshel...on1/comic06.jpg

EDITING NOTE:

There is also a character sheet surrounding the Theta 6 team.I'll pull it up later

• Upvote 2

meyressignoff.jpg

I have a big problem with this comic.

It's supposed to be about a news show, right? And yet I SEE NO NEWS. AT ALL. Not even a half-hearted attempt.

The mocs are good, and the characters nice, but I still feel robbed.

....No news you say? Let's change that.

http://www.brickshel...on1/comic07.jpg

• Upvote 1

meyressignoff.jpg

"Morning stroll"?

Sounds suspiscious...

"Suspicion?"

Sounds more suspicious...

Anyway! RIP Batman #Issue 40(What happened to it?), Thats a really cool News-Table thing(It took me a moment to notice the "H"), and my favorite character is Gorongu(He never talks, but imagine what kind of things are going through his head!).

• 4 weeks later...

"Morning stroll"?

Sounds suspiscious...

"Suspicion?"

Sounds more suspicious...

Anyway! RIP Batman #Issue 40(What happened to it?), Thats a really cool News-Table thing(It took me a moment to notice the "H"), and my favorite character is Gorongu(He never talks, but imagine what kind of things are going through his head!).

#1, I remember the comic being uploaded around the time Veteran's Day, so I find the Batman #40 reference somewhat appropriate.

#1.5, Originally,The RIP reference was going to Donatello from The Ninja Turtles( see TMNT #44 ) but Batman Worked better.

#2, I'm glad Gorongu Is your favorite! I plan for Him to take the spotlight as the series unfolds.

• Upvote 1

meyressignoff.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...