Bricks by the Bay Registration Open

Making sure this Californian LEGO convention is not overshadowed by BrickFair on the opposite coast the weekend before, Bricks by the Bay is returning this year, August 7-10, in Santa Clara, CA. Registration has just opened for both full weekend attendees and Sunday visitors. Like any convention, this will be full of MOCs, AFOLs, keynote speakers, assorted panels and more for attendees. Visitors are also welcome on Sunday to check out the impressive array of MOCs from all kinds of themes. The Bricks by the Bay website has all the details for being a part of the action.

View the full article

Please tell me you'll be bringing your plushies. :D

As the Bionicle/Hero Factory theme coordinator for the convention for the past four years, I can tell you we've been having a good turnout over the years and I'd love to have an even greater showing by having an even better display by having more people over the weekend. We've got five trophies up for grabs, and it's certainly something to see the awe on the kids' (and some adults') faces. and it's great to always meet up and discuss our beloved theme with other people face to face. There's plenty of roundtable discussions and games, plus you'll have the chance to buy lots of parts (I do every year; it's where I get the majority of my pieces and it's always exciting to see what's new and it helps to get those creative juices flowing). Of course, the other themes, like Town and Train, Fantasy, and Sci-Fi have great turnouts especially and there's some really nice stuff to see. I'd encourage you to come, if not for the full FOUR day weekend, then at least the Sunday public expo if you're in the area, and even that day is always a fun time. I'd love to have you join us!