I must say I love the use of gold and silver, along with white. Very toa of light-ish feel. I also like how the upper-body is proportioned with the broad shoulders.

However I have to say the feet just seem.... lacking compared to the rest of the moc. I mean you have these huge bulky legs and then these tiny little feet. 

So yeah overall I think the moc is great, except for the feet. Good luck with the contest

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

nice.

how do you moc so 3d mine are always kind of flat...

Well, a lot of the 3D appearance revolves around thicker technic constructions. One good way to build thick custom torsos and limbs is to start with pieces like this or this, and then apply more technic up and to the sides to complete the constuction.

Additionally, a good base for limbs is a design with 2 of these connected by one of these. This is quite versatile, and can be used with many different armor combinations. It can also serve as a base for thicker and longer leg designs.

However, custom designs are not always necessary for thick builds. In many cases, using non-custom bases looks very good as well. 

After building the actual designs, it is simply a case of adding armor. Often, multiple layers of armor can be useful to produce a thicker feel, especially on non-custom bases.

Anyway, I hope this post was helpful. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

I must say I love the use of gold and silver, along with white. Very toa of light-ish feel. I also like how the upper-body is proportioned with the broad shoulders.

However I have to say the feet just seem.... lacking compared to the rest of the moc. I mean you have these huge bulky legs and then these tiny little feet. 

So yeah overall I think the moc is great, except for the feet. Good luck with the contest

Thanks. Anyway, as for the feet, I agree that they look a bit small. I originally used white Inika feet, but I changed them for better color distribution. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Edited by The Swimming Beard

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

• 2 weeks later...

It looks really nice.  I like the colors and you did some nice detailing.

But those feet. If they where just bigger I would have only a few very minor complaints (Blue connectors).

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

HAWT. Silver and Gold can be incredibly difficult to balance effectively in a single color scheme, but this MOC makes it look effortless. While I'm not that big a fan of the exposed Technic on the inner thighs and the rear of the arms, I love the way the armor on other parts like the chest meshes together.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

My only problem is that it looks huge for a Toa of Light. And kinda too boxy. It looks like a Toa in an armor suit or something. A really cool armor suit, but I don't think that's the effect you were looking for. Otherwise, it's really cool. I do think you could have used a little more white on the front and a little more gold on the back, though.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I rather like this one. The use of gold really pops out and has my eyes begging for more, and the white technic looks smoothly fitted together like an elaborate greebled puzzle. Nicely done. 

I'm slightly confused as to why his head is slumped toward me, though, and why there's a white string over the gold armor piece on the right side of the photograph. It looks out of place, and also like the band is necessary to hold the gold armor on, but for some reason that solution strikes me as a little tacky, especially given the care you've given to the rest of the MoC. 

• 2 weeks later...