• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Tyrak, Toa of Light

Bionicle MOC Toa of Light flickr contest

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Strange But Not A Stranger

• 05-April 12
  • 2,247 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2014 - 01:47 PM

My entry for the July BZPower flickr contest:

Main:

14283430456_547b585d15_z.jpg

Back: 

14120147577_441713bd83_z.jpg

As always, comments and criticism appreciated.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#2 Offline boston100

boston100
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 28-July 12
  • 390 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2014 - 10:23 PM

nice.

how do you moc so 3d mine are always kind of flat...

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing. 

#3 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lord of the Dancing Fikou

• 08-January 07
  • 3,347 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2014 - 01:40 AM

I must say I love the use of gold and silver, along with white. Very toa of light-ish feel. I also like how the upper-body is proportioned with the broad shoulders.

However I have to say the feet just seem.... lacking compared to the rest of the moc. I mean you have these huge bulky legs and then these tiny little feet. 

So yeah overall I think the moc is great, except for the feet. Good luck with the contest

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

"Nightmares cease to exist when you come to the realization that even they can be an escape from the horrors of reality."

#4 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Strange But Not A Stranger

• 05-April 12
  • 2,247 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 09:48 AM

nice.

how do you moc so 3d mine are always kind of flat...

Well, a lot of the 3D appearance revolves around thicker technic constructions. One good way to build thick custom torsos and limbs is to start with pieces like this or this, and then apply more technic up and to the sides to complete the constuction.

Additionally, a good base for limbs is a design with 2 of these connected by one of these. This is quite versatile, and can be used with many different armor combinations. It can also serve as a base for thicker and longer leg designs.

However, custom designs are not always necessary for thick builds. In many cases, using non-custom bases looks very good as well. 

After building the actual designs, it is simply a case of adding armor. Often, multiple layers of armor can be useful to produce a thicker feel, especially on non-custom bases.

Anyway, I hope this post was helpful. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

I must say I love the use of gold and silver, along with white. Very toa of light-ish feel. I also like how the upper-body is proportioned with the broad shoulders.

However I have to say the feet just seem.... lacking compared to the rest of the moc. I mean you have these huge bulky legs and then these tiny little feet. 

So yeah overall I think the moc is great, except for the feet. Good luck with the contest

Thanks. Anyway, as for the feet, I agree that they look a bit small. I originally used white Inika feet, but I changed them for better color distribution. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Edited by The Swimming Beard, Jul 08 2014 - 09:53 AM.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#5 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 20 2014 - 09:11 AM

It looks really nice.  I like the colors and you did some nice detailing.

But those feet. If they where just bigger I would have only a few very minor complaints (Blue connectors).

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

#6 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,314 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2014 - 04:15 PM

HAWT. Silver and Gold can be incredibly difficult to balance effectively in a single color scheme, but this MOC makes it look effortless. While I'm not that big a fan of the exposed Technic on the inner thighs and the rear of the arms, I love the way the armor on other parts like the chest meshes together.
Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#7 Offline Teclax Master of Tech

Teclax Master of Tech
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 15-April 14
  • 318 posts

Posted Jul 20 2014 - 05:26 PM

My only problem is that it looks huge for a Toa of Light. And kinda too boxy. It looks like a Toa in an armor suit or something. A really cool armor suit, but I don't think that's the effect you were looking for. Otherwise, it's really cool. I do think you could have used a little more white on the front and a little more gold on the back, though.

I'll be unavailable from the 18-25

#8 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 05-July 10
  • 5,932 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2014 - 06:27 PM

I rather like this one. The use of gold really pops out and has my eyes begging for more, and the white technic looks smoothly fitted together like an elaborate greebled puzzle. Nicely done. 

I'm slightly confused as to why his head is slumped toward me, though, and why there's a white string over the gold armor piece on the right side of the photograph. It looks out of place, and also like the band is necessary to hold the gold armor on, but for some reason that solution strikes me as a little tacky, especially given the care you've given to the rest of the MoC. 

16028406952_a8c31f0bfe.jpg15838451978_fa70afcd66_m.jpg

#9 Offline Sir Jalokim

Sir Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 31-August 10
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2014 - 07:45 PM

Pretty nice in general, but if you want my opinion, the feet are a bit too small for him :( 

Maybe you can add to them and make the feet a little bit more proportionate?

Need a voice over done? PM me or reach me at mikolajdudek@gmail.com!

#10 Offline Element Lord of Milk

Element Lord of Milk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 17-January 06
  • 1,974 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 01 2014 - 04:09 AM

You did a great job making him look cohesive. Although the feet do look way too tiny to support those massive legs.
titanfall.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users