So here I am. I haven't posted in years and I feel HORRIBLE. I made so many promises and I haven't fulfilled any. I don't want to depress anybody, but I've started to realize that if BZPower goes, so does Bionicle. I don't want that to happen, and I'm starting something to stop that, but as said earlier, I've broken too many promises like the Defenders, the Dead World, and the Mackron comics for my word to mean much. What do you think will happen to BZPower? Will it become a general Lego forum and experience a possibly annoying boost in activity? Or will you get on one day to see a blank page saying "404 Page not Found." Quite frankly I'd prefer the first one, because as long as BZPower is standing it'll be impossible to forget Bionicle in it's entirety. I personally think Bionicle needs to stay. It's a memory of some of the best years of Lego, and is yet to be fully explored. What do you think will happen? What do you want to happen? And what will you do to ensure that it happens? Just a thought I had. Thanks for your input.

• Upvote 1

Herro there, person.

How are you?

1. I think that as long as there is a good amount of active members, BZP will continue to live on. 

2. I can see BZP becoming more of general Lego discussion site as time goes on. 3

3. I only thing I can do right now, no matter what happens to BZP in the future, is stay an active member of the site. I don't really have the free time to do anything else.

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I think that BIONICLE has left strong enough an impact on enough people that there will always be ardent BIONICLE fans for at least the rest of our generation. After, I'm not sure. I hope BIONICLE's memory will endure through force of its awesomeness. I am sure that LEGO will thrive long after we're all dead, and BIONICLE may gain new cult following at some point after that. But it's really impossible to say.

• Upvote 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Im pretty sure as long as people make an effort to go on at least once a week and post a few things BZPower will live for a very long time.

:D

• Upvote 1

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

Seeing this place die would be a really painful thing to watch. :/

But yeah, I too think that at some point it might shift towards a more general Lego discussion forum.

I'm actually slightly worried that the rumored Bionicle return could decrease the amount of general Lego discussion. With Hero Factory only being popular amongst a portion of BZPower's membership, it doesn't drown out discussion of other general Lego themes the way Bionicle used to. But once the prodigal theme has returned, will people care as much about non-Bionicle themes?

I suppose, though, that since such a return would likely lead to a BZPower membership surge, enough of those new members will want to discuss other themes as well to keep those discussions going.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Seeing this place die would be a really painful thing to watch. :/

But yeah, I too think that at some point it might shift towards a more general Lego discussion forum.

I'm actually slightly worried that the rumored Bionicle return could decrease the amount of general Lego discussion. With Hero Factory only being popular amongst a portion of BZPower's membership, it doesn't drown out discussion of other general Lego themes the way Bionicle used to. But once the prodigal theme has returned, will people care as much about non-Bionicle themes?

I suppose, though, that since such a return would likely lead to a BZPower membership surge, enough of those new members will want to discuss other themes as well to keep those discussions going.

Yeah, especially if a BIONICLE revival can attract a lot of younger fans who don't feel like they're "too grown-up" for other LEGO themes. That might reduce the maturity of the site's active members a bit but it could be worth it if it provides some perspective for the older fans.
  • Upvote 2

After an initial post-Great Downtime loss of activity, there's been a slow, almost imperceptible decline. Still, BZP is more active than many forums, but we're likely not returning to the so-called "golden age" of big-city style activity here. For one thing, I think the Internet as a whole has moved to microblogging platforms like Twitter and Tumblr in the same way that everyone was joining forums a decade ago.

I have no fear in the death of the BIONICLE fandom as a whole, so I have no reason to concern myself with the death of BZP, unless there's another months-long downtime.

• Upvote 4

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Well, either of those two things will happen eventually. BZP has already shifted towards becoming more of a general Lego forum. Unless Bionicle is miraculously revived (kinda like Jaller in MoL), the site will either change completely or slowly die down. 

• Upvote 1

It's all ogre now

Although I would love a Bionicle revival, we have to face the facts and assume that it's just not going to happen, at least not nearly in the scale of what it used to be.

But I do agree, Bionicle is not truly dead, not as long as Bzpower lives. If BZP were to finally shut down, that is the day Bionicle will finally have died. 

I've broken some promises of my own. At least, promises I made to myself. A promise to relaunch my comic series. A promise to continue my comedy series. A promise to be more active on the site. 

Promises that will have to remain unfulfilled. But I will continue coming back to BZP. 

~LH

• Upvote 1

pWRJY.jpg
Credit goes to Biomech for the almost 20-year-old avatar!

There's enough original content being produced here alone to fuel the community for quite a few years to come at least and that's ignoring external factors such as newer members and the discussion of other Lego lines and the what not. The site is doing amazingly well I'd say. :)

(Based on my judgement anyway.)

Edited by Adventurer
  • Upvote 1
photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

I think at this point the people left here aren't going to be leaving any time soon.

Also, this reminds me of a video I saw recently that talked about how BZP's string of downtimes just before Bionicle's end might have played a part in Lego's decision to cancel, since BZP had an almost complete monopoly on the Bionicle fanbase.

• Upvote 1
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I think at this point the people left here aren't going to be leaving any time soon.

Also, this reminds me of a video I saw recently that talked about how BZP's string of downtimes just before Bionicle's end might have played a part in Lego's decision to cancel, since BZP had an almost complete monopoly on the Bionicle fanbase.

No, no, no. That's bogus. BZP was only ever a tiny fraction of the Bionicle fanbase, as Greg Farshtey constantly reminded fans. They were only the biggest organized portion of it, but there were thousands of fans who never joined a Bionicle fansite. And the downtime occurred in 2011, long after the decision to end the theme was made. This is why you shouldn't rely on YouTube for Bionicle info—there are too many people there who have zero idea what they're talking about.

I have a sneaking suspicion this is talking about TTV's bizarre theories about how BZPower killed Bionicle

• Upvote 1

I have a sneaking suspicion this is talking about TTV's bizarre theories about how BZPower killed Bionicle

And that video refers to the 2008 Dataclysm, not the 2011 Great Downtime of Doom.

• Upvote 1

And that video refers to the 2008 Dataclysm, not the 2011 Great Downtime of Doom.

Oh, right. That would have even LESS impact on Bionicle's success, since it hardly affected BZP's membership in the long run. Which again, is itself irrelevant, since BZPower never represented more than a fraction of a percentage of Bionicle's audience.

Again, one more reason not to trust sources like TTV for your Bionicle news. In those instances when they do have valid information to discuss, chances are you can find that information elsewhere without all the fluff and speculation.

• Upvote 2

Oh, right. That would have even LESS impact on Bionicle's success, since it hardly affected BZP's membership in the long run. Which again, is itself irrelevant, since BZPower never represented more than a fraction of a percentage of Bionicle's audience.

Again, one more reason not to trust sources like TTV for your Bionicle news. In those instances when they do have valid information to discuss, chances are you can find that information elsewhere without all the fluff and speculation.

Right; TTV is entertaining and at times outright hilarious, but it's not a news outlet. :P
  • Upvote 2

banner.jpg

Right; TTV is entertaining and at times outright hilarious, but it's not a news outlet. :P

Exactly. As entertainment, it's perfectly valid. Heck, even when they broadcast opinions those opinions are usually no less valid than those of commenters on other sites. The problem is that a lot of people seem to see them as an authoritative source for factual information when the majority of their content is editorial in nature.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

We survived the end of Bionicle, and we're still here. If we can get through that, we can get through anything. And if Bionicle is indeed coming back, then we're only going to grow. As long as people still visit this site, it isn't going anywhere. We shall survive!!!

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar