Shadow of a Hero

Ontocron

Cool beans. My only suggestion would be to darken or accentuate the shadow on the ground.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Photoshop, I presume?

Yes, I did this with Photoshop.

My only suggestion would be to darken or accentuate the shadow on the ground.

Good suggestion; I see what you mean.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Keyblade87

Well done. This is very striking and somehow not whiny.

I guess you used a real shadow, since it's very realisic.

It's interesting how you created some kind of "white room" as a setting, which cuts Matoro out of the bionicle universe, isolating him. It's a nice twist to the usual blue and bubbles.

Good work on the posing, too. You can see Matoro's eye and it doesn't look like his eyes are crossed. You somehow managed toturn his odd mahr look into an emotioal feature. Leaving the Cordak Baster out works great esthetically, but also makes sense storywise.

10/10, it's flawless.

• Upvote 1

banner1.png

• 3 weeks later...

This is quite an interesting idea. I don't think I've seen something like this before.

Based on the way the Matoran shadow appears on the wall, I'm assuming the light source is from directly in front of the figure. It's a little hard to tell from this angle, but I think the light falls on the Toa figure in approximately the same direction, so that shows some accurate consistency was made between the two parts of this photo.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Awesome - how did you make this?

To make this, I took 3 photos. One with the Toa, one with the Mctoran, and one with a blank wall. I then combined and adjusted them in Photoshop. I used the image of the blank wall to cover up the toa-shadow, then placed the mctoran-shadow on top of that. I did need to get a different light for the Mctoran to ensure the shadow was detailed enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brought a nostalgic tear to my eye. Well done.

Farewell Matoro, may you rest in peace.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Its so wonderfully simple I love it. Definately make like a wallpaper out of this or something for everyone

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

This is phenomenal, however I would feel more attached to this if it was the Matoran with the Toa shadow. That makes it look like the Matoran is 'destined for greatness'. The way it is now, it seems like its comparing Matoro to being a villager.

Besides that, this is very good!  

bZpOwEr