BIONICLE Manga Art

ZTG

Hey guys, its Zacax again. So here is a topic file in which I'll be posting BIONICLE in Manga Style, there will be updates as time rolls on ((FAIR WARNING TO THOSE WHO HATE HUMANIZED BIONICLES: THERE WILL BE A LOT)) 

So then let us begin :)

DIGITAL w/COLOR:

Tahu Mata

Kopaka Mata

Turaga Vakama

Matoran Takua ((Pre-2003))

Lewa Mata NEW

DIGITAL w/BACKGROUNDS:

Onua vs Corrupted Lewa ((OLD))

Tahu Pose ((OLD))

DIGITAL LINE ART/SKETCH:

Zaktan

Nupara and Boxor

Toa Matau

Master and Student ((Tahu and Vakama))

TRADITIONAL:

Sibling Rivalry ((Tahu and Kopaka))

Hope you guys like it :)

Edited by The Manga Maniac Named Zac

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

hmm, "bionicle" and "manga" haven't had the best relationship in the past, but looking in here, i can say you have totally pulled it off.

the tahu is sleek and nicely stylized, (though the flow is kinda interrupted by that awkwardly long piston on the leg, in my opinion. :0)

anyway, good job here, you seem to have a unique look and a great grip on proportion and posing, and i can easily see great things rising from this style. :u

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

hmm, "bionicle" and "manga" haven't had the best relationship in the past, but looking in here, i can say you have totally pulled it off.

the tahu is sleek and nicely stylized, (though the flow is kinda interrupted by that awkwardly long piston on the leg, in my opinion. :0)

anyway, good job here, you seem to have a unique look and a great grip on proportion and posing, and i can easily see great things rising from this style. :u

Thanks

I have been sketching BIONICLE in Manga style for a while offsite, and yeah its reaaaaally hard to make something like BIONICLE work in a Manga while keeping the biomechanical theme XD. Anyway, thanks and yeah, I'll admit that with Tahu I spent most of the sketching with the legs, and they don't look as perfect as the upper half, but yeah it looks good for what is shown XD

UPDATE: New pieces of Art!

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff! The Takua is my favourite. Neat little inclusion of the backpack from MNOG! Me likey  :D

Thanks a lot, I was trying to make him more like his MNOG incarnation 

Good job on these ones! Keep it up!

Will do and thanks :)

New Drawing:

-Master and Student ((Tahu and Vakama))

Iv never seen this style used to draw bionicle characters and it work really well... 

Keep up the good work =)

-Silo

Edited by Silo

Kathok

• 2 weeks later...

Both Zaktann and Turaga Vakama are amazing. I am especially fond of the latter because you're breaking away from the archetypical face you use for many of the characters, yet still stay true to your art style. :3

And Zaktann is simply gorgeous. The face is incredibly well drawn, and looking more menacing than the actual set. ^^

I'm really curious about the new directions your drawings have taken, with the long legs and large feet... it's certainly something different. :)

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Both Zaktann and Turaga Vakama are amazing. I am especially fond of the latter because you're breaking away from the archetypical face you use for many of the characters, yet still stay true to your art style. :3

And Zaktann is simply gorgeous. The face is incredibly well drawn, and looking more menacing than the actual set. ^^

I'm really curious about the new directions your drawings have taken, with the long legs and large feet... it's certainly something different. :)

Oh hi there Taka! been a while :)

And yeah I'm really proud of Vakama and Zaktann, originally I was going to color Zaktann, but I added way to much detail and I kept screwing up on the coloring so I sort of dropped it ^^" but the other Skakdi will be just as menacing as Zaktann's

Yeah my artstyle certainly has changed over the years, especially since I found dA and have found a better place to put my art online 

Also, latest image guys, sorry its a sketch, but I have something coming here to BZP soon

Sibling Rivalry ((Tahu and Kopaka))

I decided to tolerate the human-bionicle morphs for a while, until I ran across your gorgeous Zaktan.

While I don't like the lizard-like tail that much, I think you captured Zaktan as realistic, I'll be it anime, as possible.

Well done.

Yeah not many BIONICLE fans take too kindly to "gijinka"/humanized BIONICLEs very well XD

And thanks a lot about Zaktann. Quite frankly it was hard with him because I didn't know if I should go all out or keep it simple enough to draw a lot of, but then thanks to doing it more detailed, I think I found a perfect way of drawing BIONICLEs in Manga format

Edited by The Manga Maniac Named Zac

New piece of art to the collection guys, Toa Lewa!

Lewa Mata