Each Canisters Compatibility and/or story relevance?

TommyG

While I know not each and every one had to do with the story or was indeed in anyway compatible with the actual pieces, can someone provide me with a full list of canisters that did either of these things? So far, I think it goes something like...

Toa Mata - Story: What they famously washed ashore in. Compatibility: Technic pin holes and head piece.

Bohrok/Bohrok Kal - Story: Resting chamber.

Toa Nuva - Compatibility: Same as Toa Mata, but with two more pin holes in place of the head piece.

Rahkshi - Compatibility: Resting place for the Kraata?

Kraata Collectibles - Compatibility: Resting place holes for the Kraata and Technic round peg hole.

Toa Metru - Story: Two lids could make a Matoran Sphere, as seen in the story a few times. Compatibility: A disc could be placed on top of the lid side and in the middle exists a Technic round peg hole.

Toa Mahri - Compatibility: Technic round peg hole connections (and more?) exist on top of the plastic part of the box.

Thanks in advance if you can help me out!

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

I think those are all the story related canisters.

With the Toa Hordika, their canisters can hold rhotuka spinners.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Here are some additions to make, in addition to what Boidoh mentioned:

Toa Mata - Story: canister lid can be used as a Suva.

Bohrok/Bohrok-Kal - Compatibility: Set included a connector so that you could hang the Bohrok inside the lid (and a removable back sticker so that you can see them hanging there in front of a backdrop patterned with the Bohrok insignia).

Kraata Collectibles - Story: Represented the stasis tubes that the Turaga kept captured Kraata inside.

Vahki - Compatibility: Canister lid had a space for a single Kanoka disk.

Visorak - Compatibility: Lid could hold Rhotuka Spinners.

Piraka - Compatibility: Light-up eye stalk could attach inside the lid for a "try me" function, and there were two cavities in the top where two Zamor Spheres could rest.

Toa Inika — Compatibility: Lid included storage for the weapon and all four Zamor Spheres.

Barraki — Compatibility: Inside of lid had space for (from what I recall) a 6x6 System plate.

Mistika - Story: The lid represents the decaying Mask of Life, as also featured in key visuals for the Phantoka.

Edited by Aanchir

Another feature of the Bohrok canisters that I'm surprised want mentioned yet: The canisters are shaped so that they can tessellate. Stack a bunch of hem up on their sides and it's supposed to resemble the Bohrok hive.

Could be seen here.

And on the lid for the Stars sets there is a map(Skrall shield) of the Valley of the Maze, which was a significant "place of interest" during 2010.

Also there was a game feature that also involved the Glatorian canisters.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the Nuva Canister lids meant as far as story wise goes? They resemble the suva the 2001 toa had, but the middle part was swapped for a completely different thing... and I'm at a loss of what exactly that was for.

I don't think they were meant to represent anything in particular. They were probably just meant to look stylish while still maintaining the mask-storage function from the Toa Mata.

Does anyone know what the Nuva Canister lids meant as far as story wise goes? They resemble the suva the 2001 toa had, but the middle part was swapped for a completely different thing... and I'm at a loss of what exactly that was for.

I don't think they were meant to represent anything in particular. They were probably just meant to look stylish while still maintaining the mask-storage function from the Toa Mata.

Ah okay. I first thought that it was meant to hold the new Nuva weapons (because each one had two now instead of just one (or none if you're pohatu)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Ah okay. I first thought that it was meant to hold the new Nuva weapons (because each one had two now instead of just one (or none if you're pohatu)

As far as the center part is concerned, you're probably right (since the six holes at the sides are all you'd need for the masks, unless you wanted to include the silver "powerless" masks as well). I hadn't even thought of that.
  • Upvote 1