Look What I Got My Hands On!

Kanakalackin

Is that a display case? How did you get it?

It is a Chima 2014 set display that my local store did not need/want, so they gave it to me.

...It feels weird being the only LEGO collector in my community...

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

One question is the display figure hot glued/hobby glued like most stores do? Many stores do it to keep figures from falling over but i've always hate how it looks on the display.

Yes, it is glued in such a way that I cannot unglue it without potentially damaging the pieces. I've also noticed that it's been glued quite cleverly into place, the only noticeable residue is on the weapon and under the armor shells.

So all I have to go around saying is, "do you need this display case? I could use it for Bag End."

Most of the time, large chain stores like Wal-Mart or Target will give them to their employees when they're finished with them, or they will just throw them out. Being the only LEGO collector in my community, it was easy to obtain displays like this. But you'll probably need some luck to get one of these (a display) from a Wal-Mart or Target

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Most of the time, large chain stores like Wal-Mart or Target will give them to their employees when they're finished with them, or they will just throw them out. Being the only LEGO collector in my community, it was easy to obtain displays like this. But you'll probably need some luck to get one of these (a display) from a Wal-Mart or Target

The large, multi-set displays, must be sent back to LEGO for recycling, lest the store pay for them. So major stores are probably out of the question, at least here in the States.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

• 2 weeks later...

The large, multi-set displays, must be sent back to LEGO for recycling, lest the store pay for them. So major stores are probably out of the question, at least here in the States.

Yeah, most major stores won't even let you suggest giving the displays out to the general public. I tried when I was 8 or nine and asked if they'd let me have a Mistika display.

It's so beautiful. :D

>Large Image<

Why's it in a plastic display?

To protect the set from sticky fingers and those who like to steal pieces from LEGO sets.

HERE!

I'm jealous. Seeing as your local store had this, you probably aren't in America. I'm still jealous though.

Do you think Bionicle will return in 2015?

Yo, sorry, but I can't talk freely about it here.

Eventually, I might be able to talk freely about it.

Sorry again that I can't talk about this freely here.

HERE!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think ya'll need to spill the beans on how you're nabbing these display stands from stores for free (I'm guessing, at least, for the second one).

I know right haha dont these stores know how much the sets contained in them cost, let alone the case itself

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

I think ya'll need to spill the beans on how you're nabbing these display stands from stores for free (I'm guessing, at least, for the second one).

I know right haha dont these stores know how much the sets contained in them cost, let alone the case itself

Underneath most displays, there's a sticker that says "Not to be sold to third parties", so the stores are faced with a choice: Throw them in the trash, or give them to an employee or random customer that happens to ask about it.

HERE!

Underneath most displays, there's a sticker that says "Not to be sold to third parties", so the stores are faced with a choice: Throw them in the trash, or give them to an employee or random customer that happens to ask about it.

Well thats really great, I probably wouldnt be lucky enough though haha

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Well thats really great, I probably wouldnt be lucky enough though haha

With Bionicle 2015 coming up, it's definitely worth a shot.

HERE!