Micro-Bionicle Batch 1 -- 22 Rahi and Kini-Nui in LDDE

bonesiii

Good catch. I don't actually have it so I went off the BS01 images, most of which look bright red. Googling it now I see you're right. Which others did you mean specifically?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Nice! The level of detail on these is great (the Hahnah crab is clearly the best :P). Any hints on the ones that you're still working on/haven't released yet (Zivon maybe  :D)?

-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

My sincere congratulations, you've done a terrific job on keeping the look and feel of the Rahi despite the scale. They are so well done, I am a bit jelly. Is there a chance to see Muaka and Kane-Ra some time soon? =)

Also dat Kini-Nui Temple... *drools*

Edited by The Mugbearer

Nice. Do you have LXF files for this?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Thanks for more replies! To questions:

-- I do hope to eventually do the Zivon, but not at Minifig scale. I also hope to do Tahtorak with a tiny, simple representation of Keetongu, but those will probably be a third batch. Right now I'm working on more that are at the same basic size as the ones I've done. I'll just mention Blade Burrower as one that is done. :)

-- I hope to get to the Muaka/Kane-Ra/Shallows Cat in the second batch, but haven't made 'em yet.

-- The LXF files are linked at the end of the first post already. (LXF is the filename extension for LDD files.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

These are amazing! It's a shame that a lot of those bricks don't come in the colours you've used as I'd love to try to build those for real.

May I use these .lxf files, particularly the Kini Nui? Apparently it's possible to translate .lxf files into something Blender can understand, so if I go ahead with a certain project I'm considering these would look great for wide shots or animated mattes.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

Go right ahead. :) And thanks. ^_^

Ok, so Suukorak have regular blue legs, all known Kahgarak incorporate dark blue (and none have regular blue), the Gukko's beak is yellow-orange, Klakk are mostly white, Thulox and Morak are dark red and dark blue, Lohrak have red, not orange, Hahnah are dark red, Nivawk is pure silver and black, Gate Guardians are dark red on one side and black on the other with orange legs, Venom Flyers are totally different-colored, Colony Drones have dark red heads and dark green limbs, and Pewku has dark gray eyestalks and burnt orange limbs.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Ok, so Suukorak have regular blue legs, all known Kahgarak incorporate dark blue (and none have regular blue), the Gukko's beak is yellow-orange, Klakk are mostly white, Thulox and Morak are dark red and dark blue, Lohrak have red, not orange, Hahnah are dark red, Nivawk is pure silver and black, Gate Guardians are dark red on one side and black on the other with orange legs, Venom Flyers are totally different-colored, Colony Drones have dark red heads and dark green limbs, and Pewku has dark gray eyestalks and burnt orange limbs.

Thanks! I'll make a Version Two file with at least some of these updates. Some comments:

-Gukko beak is yellow-orange in the actual Whole Collection file (and Gukko species file), which was where I put final versions. Apparently I hadn't used that color in the original "work file" (which I turned into the Basic Collection file). I tried to remember to put all changes to the one file into the other, but apparently missed that one.

-Zooming in on the Klakk promo image, I see its body design is also a little different than what I'd thought, for some reason, too. I'll see if I can change both those things, at least as a second version.

-The Lohrak orange was somewhat intentional as a compromise with the (orange-derivative) brown of the movie version, and the orange eye colors, to avoid the color clashing of the set version (it still kinda clashes, but not as bad), though the BS01 version of the set image does make the red part look reddish orange, and I see a pic now on google that is much more clearly red. I was going to make multiple color options in the Whole Collection file, but it was growing so huge I decided not to bother. I could include another file that has extra colors of just this and a few others, I suppose.

-Nivawk is modeled more after the movie version than set form, which has the colors I went with (plus a few I didn't include as they kinda clash). Again I was going to include multiple color options, but didn't for same reason as above.

-Gate Guardians being symmetrical is on purpose as otherwise it looks bad. The asymmetry is clearly just a result of it being a combiner model. I suppose I could include a set-accurate one just for the heck of it in that extra colors file, though. (And I could do an all black one, and others, too.) And the dimming of the orange to orange-brown was intentional too as I didn't like the look of it with pure orange.

-Same reasoning with Venom Flyers -- the color scheme of the combo set was ugly, so as I mentioned in the first post I seperated them out into multiple color options. I dunno if I would want to bother making a set accurate one with this, as it was really bad. :P I could if anybody says they want it.

-Once again, same with Colony Drones. I didn't like the red and green together. The lighter red on that one is also intentional as it made the head stand out more. Here I definitely think I'll include a more accurate one, though, just fer the lulz.

- The movie Pewku eyestalks aren't dark gray; they're some sort of whitish thing. I went with silver as it seemed to look better. And movie brown is darker and more consistent throughout, so went with that. Of course, the original Pewku was a totally different color scheme. :P I'll include more versions.

Edited by bonesiii

Ah HAH! Are these the other micro-Bonkles I saw at BFNE, then?

Also I don't know if you knew but I had actually begun working on a similar project a few months prior. (Here) I have in the meantime made several more, but never bothered posting them. :P

Anyway. These are epic. What piece did you use for the main section of the Visorak?

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Heh, you even used the same name. I probably subconsciously registered seeing that name on the New Content page, but no, wasn't an intentional allusion. Great stuff, though, you should post your others! And no, nothing to do with BFNE. That must have been somebody else.

Anyways, that's the upper half of the Hero Factory spiders from the minifig series (which partly inspired this project). The part labeled "Hopping Grabber Top" in LDD. :)

In other news: I interrupted my second batch of Rahi to make some other stuff that I would then need parts from in the Rahi. I went back to Rahi later, but I'll probably post them all together whenever I find time (not this week, methinks).

This is beautiful. If I wasn't so poor I'd order the parts for some of the Rahi and make a Mata Nui diarama.

I admire your patience at LDD, it wasn't intuitive enough for me. Either that or I'm just an AutoCAD snob :P

Have you tried your hand at Nidiki yet, bonesii? I imagine that would translate well on this scale.

• 2 weeks later...

They look amazing. The only thing I don't like is Hero Factory Keetongu. :P

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Well done, those look great! I don't recognize the piece you used for masks, could someone tell me what sets those have come in? They look like little beetles.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Great job. However, I don't know if they would sell well as sets. Bionicle fans, like me, would buy them, but you can't play much with them.

What about chocolate Easter eggs with these creations as a special surprise? I think it would be awesome :lol:

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

Can you put your images somewhere else? Brickshelf has just broken down so I can't view them. I'm not kidding, I clicked on them and they wouldn't work. 

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

These are really cool. I especially like Keetongu, but honestly they're all fantastic. You managed to capture the look of the actual sets except in miniature, which is pretty impressive I'd say.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Featured? Cool! I -was- going to wait for this reply so I could get the next batch pics up and be sure to not be the last post so people would see the link to the new batch when I posted, but I guess I'll risk a reply to some things since now hopefully I'll get at least one more after this. :P The next batch is almost ready, I just need to upload. Won't have time this week, but aiming for next week.

Also, I've got some color corrections ready from this batch (see my reply about that above; I didn't do all of that though; the combiner sets, like the asymmetrical Gate Guardian, I didn't get around to, since my changes there were intentional anyways, but color error fixes like the Gukko beak I did -- nor did I try a revamp of the Klakk... maaaaybe later...). I haven't had time to replace the old printscreens, but the actual LDD files (basic and full collections, not the individual species) are here:

Basic

Full

Replies:

-Nidhiki is a good idea. I didn't for the second batch. We'll see about the third. (I really have no specific plans for the third yet.)

-Yeah, Keets does have a lot of HF parts. On the other hand, if you look at the movie version of him, those parts are actually very close matches (aside from the "H" on his chest lol -- just chalk that up to an interpretation of random armor geometry designs :P).

-Toa -- sort of. The main purpose of these is the more unique shapes like the Rahi (and some non-Rahi things in Batch Two). But several of the things in Batch Two have some "scalefig" Toa alongside of them, with different tools and such. They're not really the goal of the project though and all have that beetle piece as the "mask." (And there is a Tahu Mata scalefig in this batch.)

-I have no idea which color/part combos actually exist in current plastic form. My guess is that should be possible to find out, but I'll let the experts on that comment if they want. I've seen posts recently talking about how to do that, but I might be misremembering details so yeah. I would advise, if you wanna try something like this in plastic, just adapting whatever you want to the piece supply you have first. But since this was made in the Extended Mode, most color applications probably don't exist in plastic, unlike the "normal" (but highly limited) mode.

-No, I don't know what set(s) the beetle piece comes from.

-Brickshelf was down for maintenance recently, but currently it appears to be back up. I don't have time at the moment to switch hosting sites anyways. It works for the majority of the time, so I'll probably just leave them. However, you can find most of the main pics on my deviantart gallery if you happen to view during another maintenance downtime (same screen name). :)

Edited by bonesiii

Hrm. I'll go with one more post for now:

Boneseii, I clicked on your links and they gave me the 404 error message, are there other links to your screenshots that work?

Looks like brickshelf is doing this repeatedly lately. See edit I just put at top of this page. Linky (this has only the main views, but it has all the types of creatures):

http://bonesiii.deviantart.com/gallery/50260135/LEGO-Digital-Designer-Extended

The links have stopped working when I click one it gives this message

Not Found

The requested URL /gallery/bonesiii/LDD/MicroBionicle/MicroBionicle-Rahi1/0x2_colony_drone_green_and_orange.png was not found on this server.

Want to join a Bionicle RP with seasoned RPers, vast amounts of topics to post in, and a Wikia to make it easy to get involved?

Come on over to Gen1RP.  :smilenuju:

keiththelegokid -- I know; see my previous post and the edit at the top of the page. :)

In other news:

Batch 2 is up!

Edit: And I've replaced all the images here to the same hosting site as Batch 2. They should all work now, but the LDD files will not (until brickshelf comes back online).

Edited by bonesiii

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...