• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The most underated set(s)

Underated Sets Bionicle

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Offline I Exist

I Exist
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2014 - 10:44 AM

Do you feel there is a set or many sets that were really underated ? Like sets everybody seems to be complaining about but

you think is great ? Or a set no one talks about but you think is genius ?

For me, it would be the Turaga. These were pure genius to me. They look simple but had many pieces and a great design as well as a cool function. Also like the colors they choosed for them.

What is your underated set(s) ?

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

#2 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,114 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 11 2014 - 12:23 PM

I kind of feel like Kongu Mahri and Nuparu Mahri were underrated somewhat. They made not of had the best body designs, but I still thought that they were really cool sets. 

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#3 Offline HoloTheWise

HoloTheWise
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 631 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2014 - 12:33 PM

The Vahki. I think they're pretty cool and deserve more love.

tumblr_nbtjft6Jfp1qm9p5uo1_500.png

#4 Offline MoonKnight

MoonKnight
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 4 posts

Posted Jul 11 2014 - 12:51 PM

Underrated... People use this word to describe something they like and others don't.
For me, that would be Jaller Inika due to his mask design and ability, heat-lightning manipulation and a mentality waaaay cooler than Vakama's. He is particularly similar to Tahu in that aspect, actually.

#5 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,532 posts

Posted Jul 11 2014 - 01:08 PM

For me, that would be Jaller Inika due to his mask design and ability, heat-lightning manipulation and a mentality waaaay cooler than Vakama's. He is particularly similar to Tahu in that aspect, actually.

This topic is about the sets, though.

Anyway ... does Voporak count? I think Voporak counts. He's pretty awesome as a set (since he was released in a boxed form), but I don't think he gets much love.

~B~

Edited by Ballom, Jul 11 2014 - 01:09 PM.

sands_banner.jpg

#6 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2014 - 01:49 PM

Skopio.  That thing was amazing, but I know a lot of people that didn't like it.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#7 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,476 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jul 11 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hewkii Mahri. He's not without flaws, but he was my personal favorite of the Mahri.

:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#8 Online Akavakaku

Akavakaku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 393 posts

Posted Jul 11 2014 - 02:40 PM

Karzahni. The model isn't great, perhaps, but it has lots of cool pieces, and several uniquely colored ones.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) 

-Takuaka: Toa of Time

Marendar, the Legend of Spherus Magna: http://www.bzpower.c...-spherus-magna/

Get in the Robot entry: Kalmah's Conquest Exo http://www.bzpower.c...s-conquest-exo/

My BZRPG character: http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=668767

#9 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,017 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2014 - 05:11 PM

Some people(or more) dislike the Inika, but I like them. There's not too much to dislike about them imo, apart from Hahli's mask. =P

#10 Offline I Exist

I Exist
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2014 - 06:48 PM

I'll have to agree with all of this. And yeah, Vaporak counts.

What I like about Vaporak is that he's one of the rare boxed combo sets that acutally look like a titan-sized set on his own,

and not only a combo.

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

#11 Offline LordofBionicles

LordofBionicles
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 569 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2014 - 09:32 PM

I think Krekka looks pretty awesome with so many pieces building up his torso, also his face looked menacing just like a Dark Hunter should be!

#12 Offline Oroki

Oroki
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 202 posts

Posted Jul 12 2014 - 09:08 PM

I'd say the McToran. I think it's understaded what awesome colours they had, like purple, sand blue, teal and yellow. The pieces are also so esthetically pleasing, especially the ancient-looking head piece. It's strange how the characters are so well appreciated, but the sets have so few reviews.

Edited by Oroki, Jul 12 2014 - 09:09 PM.

#13 Offline Ras

Ras
  • Members
  • Toa

• 191 posts

Posted Jul 13 2014 - 10:25 AM

This turaga from 2001 are my favorite sets

#14 Offline boston100

boston100
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 359 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 11:22 AM

jaller mahri. I loved his crab

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing. 

#15 Online RahkshiToa88

RahkshiToa88
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 700 posts

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 11:37 AM

I dunno, maybe the Bohrok-Kal. You can never have too  many Bohrok.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

rahkshitoa.png

Credit to Voxumo for the sprite of my self-moc!

#16 Offline V-N

V-N
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,455 posts

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 01:40 PM

Sidorak, Roodaka, and Keetongu are some pretty nice sets. Most notably, they were the last titans before the Inika and Piraka torsos came out, and thus the last set of titans with completely custom made torsos (there are some individual exemptions). Not that later titans were all bad, but I honorably hold these three guys as the last of a sort of extinct breed of sets.

What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -Sir John Lubbock

#17 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,584 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 02:07 PM

I feel like Pridak should've gotten more love, what with his largely unique torso build and moveable waist. Sure, Maxilos did the waist part better, but for a canister set, Pridak was very well designed, I think.

Posted Image

#18 Offline Jck

Jck
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 27 posts

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 07:09 PM

The Titans of Bara Magna. 

They had a lot of cool pieces, and in my opinion excellent design and playability, plus Toa Mata Nui was awesome!

-Toa Jck

virux4.5-500.jpg

#19 Offline randomreviewerbros

randomreviewerbros
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 475 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2014 - 10:22 PM

The Hordika for me were great sets, i dont know what it was about them but they are just unique to me

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube....domReviewerBros
Gathered friends, listen again, to our legend of the BIONICLE- Turaga Vakama

BIONICLE surrender or run!- The Vahki 2004

A battle in the skies at the core of the universe!- The Final Battle 2008

Even when facing greater threats like the Bohrok Kal, or the dreaded Rahkshi, they never surrendered!- The Toa Nuva 2002/03

Powerful, equipped, ready for any challenge!- The Toa Metru 2004

A mystery to be revealed at BIONICLE.com!- Metru Nui 2004

If Toa Lhikan could not defeat me alone, how could you?- Makuta LoMN

The city of the Great Spirit, my island home refound!- Turaga Vakama LoMN

#20 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,521 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2014 - 12:09 AM

The Bohrok Va. These guys introduced interesting variations to the Turaga built with moveable feet and necks, and were also adorable! Menacingly adorable, but still! >\^^/<

I'd say the McToran. I think it's understaded what awesome colours they had, like purple, sand blue, teal and yellow. The pieces are also so esthetically pleasing, especially the ancient-looking head piece. It's strange how the characters are so well appreciated, but the sets have so few reviews.

I must disagree; I think the McToran are some of the most universally beloved BIONICLE sets of the entire series. They don't have many reviews probably because they are quite simple, which is part of their appeal, but also leaves not a whole lot to be said of them. They also weren't sold in stores, so people didn't really need a second opinion on something that they didn't directly purchase (except for secondhand websites, which admittedly is where most fans get them).

United in Diversity, Victorious in Unity

unseen_light_banner.jpg
Click here for my other stories!

#21 Offline Trizzlers

Trizzlers
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 407 posts

Posted Aug 03 2014 - 01:14 AM

Hewkii(2007), Alot of  People Seem To Hate Him For Missing A Hand But Honestly I Couldn't Care, He's Probably The Coolest Looking Mahri With His Chains, Spear And Armor That It Pretty Much Out Weighs That One Negative.

The - Trist - You - Can't - Resist.

-Trizzlers...

Posted Image

#22 Offline Obsolescence

Obsolescence
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,538 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 03 2014 - 01:22 PM

Visorak. Great parts in a fantastic array of colors and a generally pleasing aesthetic.

#23 Offline King Grimlock

King Grimlock
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 2 posts

Posted Aug 04 2014 - 01:31 AM

Umbra. I was the only one of my friends that owned him but i thought he was the coolest because of his roller blades.

#24 Offline Prime Axiom

Prime Axiom
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 04 2014 - 02:31 AM

Pridak doesn't get enough love as a set, despite the fact that he really had an amazingly poseable build. Only white set that really stood out for me. 

#25 Offline Trizzlers

Trizzlers
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 407 posts

Posted Aug 04 2014 - 02:35 AM

Pridak doesn't get enough love as a set, despite the fact that he really had an amazingly poseable build. Only white set that really stood out for me. 

Pridak was pretty cool with his colour scheme and the fact he actually looked like a shark/humanoid. Definitely underrated. 

The - Trist - You - Can't - Resist.

-Trizzlers...

Posted Image

#26 Offline Reya

Reya
  • Premier Member
  • Trusted Trader

• 11,566 posts

Posted Aug 08 2014 - 08:16 PM

The Turaga of Mata-Nui never get any love, but what collection would look good without them?

#27 Offline Fang RRB

Fang RRB
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 66 posts

Posted Aug 13 2014 - 05:44 AM

I reckon an underrated set/series would be the Stars

These sets bring back great Bionicles and we are lucky they gave us a chance to get them again

Check out our Youtube Channel

- www.youtube.com/user/randomreviewerbros -

For Bionicle Reviews:

Lego Reviews, Lego News, Gaming and lots of other stuff!!!

#28 Offline Banana Gunz

Banana Gunz
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 460 posts

Posted Aug 15 2014 - 01:11 PM

The Vahki were really menacing and cool looking. They could've been better but weren't that bad tbh.

Hewkii Mahrii doesn't get enough credit in my opinion. I'm not the biggest on the Mahrii in general but Hewkii just looked hot! (quotes from Macku's diary  xD )

Honestly the list goes on and on. A lot of them aren't so much underated, but rather just out-shined by the fan favorites. Bionicle has very few flat out bad sets, almost all of them have something to love/like.

I'm now playing on the BZPRPG!

Akhulii.gif

rsz_1rsz_securedownload2_2.jpg

Toa Bananas, Toa of Bananas!

#29 Offline LimeFlavouredLibertarian24

LimeFlavouredLibertarian24
  • New Members
  • Turaga

• 67 posts

Posted Aug 15 2014 - 01:16 PM

I think some of the most underated sets are 2007 matoran sets because althopugh there were only 2 Matoran and 2 Rahi, they had a high piece count

Do you feel there is a set or many sets that were really underated ? Like sets everybody seems to be complaining about but
you think is great ? Or a set no one talks about but you think is genius ?

For me, it would be the Turaga. These were pure genius to me. They look simple but had many pieces and a great design as well as a cool function. Also like the colors they choosed for them.

What is your underated set(s) ?

Lewa's an awesome Toa

This turaga from 2001 are my favorite sets

The Turaga had a lot of technic pieces

Umbra. I was the only one of my friends that owned him but i thought he was the coolest because of his roller blades.

Umbra's only good purpose was traveling at lightspeed

The Vahki were really menacing and cool looking. They could've been better but weren't that bad tbh.

Hewkii Mahrii doesn't get enough credit in my opinion. I'm not the biggest on the Mahrii in general but Hewkii just looked hot! (quotes from Macku's diary xD )

Honestly the list goes on and on. A lot of them aren't so much underated, but rather just out-shined by the fan favorites. Bionicle has very few flat out bad sets, almost all of them have something to love/like.

I think the Visorak are under rated

Edited by -Windrider-, Aug 17 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#30 Offline toa kopaka4372

toa kopaka4372
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2014 - 05:57 PM

These sets bring back great Bionicles and we are lucky they gave us a chance to get them again

This. I wasn't around in the first years, so getting a Rahkshi set was awesome. Admittedly they weren't the best or funnest builds, but they served as nice tributes to the past 10 years.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7351

#31 Offline Banana Gunz

Banana Gunz
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 460 posts

Posted Aug 15 2014 - 07:17 PM

This. I wasn't around in the first years, so getting a Rahkshi set was awesome. Admittedly they weren't the best or funnest builds, but they served as nice tributes to the past 10 years.

Stars was a good idea but the execution was just ugh. Having a good idea and carrying it through are two different things, the latter being just as important as the former. Solving world hunger is a good idea and one way of doing this is killing anyone who feels hungry... not a great solution eh? But hey, LEGO probably didn't want anything to do with Bionicle at that point so it's kind of a miracle we got any sets, let alone honest attempts at tributes to the past. So I guess it is true they are kinda under rated in that people don't recognize that it was a good idea, sadly just not done well.

I'm now playing on the BZPRPG!

Akhulii.gif

rsz_1rsz_securedownload2_2.jpg

Toa Bananas, Toa of Bananas!

#32 Offline farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,877 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 16 2014 - 12:50 AM

The Visorak don't get discussed much, but I personally really liked them. They were probably the closest thing we got to non-clone sets before 2007. The variety in colors and pieces they had was very much unlike the last few waves before them, and personally since I started collecting Bionicle in 2004 (2003-2005 being a weird period where they apparently thought grey was the best secondary color they could use) I really really liked that. Ohnorak was my first set with any yellow parts, for instance, so that was pretty exciting at the time. I also really liked their snapping pincers and the eye color variety (something we would lose immediately after the Visorak) and the subtle differences in their shell designs, and just generally everything about them, I found cool. 

The Hordika also get a bad rap, but I dunno. I thought they had some interesting weapons and the head designs were pretty cool, and as a whole I liked them. 

#33 Offline MegaTahuAdvanced

MegaTahuAdvanced
  • New Members
  • Tohunga

• 25 posts

Posted Aug 16 2014 - 09:34 AM

I think that basically most of 2007 was underrated

Tahu is awesome

#34 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,956 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 16 2014 - 09:04 PM

Not sure if they're underrated, but I really like the Doomtoran from 2006. Each one had his or her own design, except for Garan and Velika sharing one. Plus the Bohrok feet were used in a really interesting way; I wouldn't have thought of using them as torsos.

webmaster.png

#35 Offline Liopleurodon

Liopleurodon
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 654 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 12:30 PM

Bohrok-Kal and Stars.

The Bohrok-Kal were Bohrok clones, but for some reason I don't really mind. :P

And I feel that the Stars were a nice nostalgic way for Bionicle to end, regardless of the fact they were basically bulked-up Av-Matoran/Agori builds.

-Insert signature here-

#36 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 445 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 12:33 PM

Stars.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

I won a Copper Huna from Makuta Fest 2014.

I never really win anything so this is special...

"You once told the Toa Mata that you could not be destroyed, because you were nothing. You were wrong — it is because you are nothing that I can destroy you. You have no heart, you have no spirit, you have no reason to exist — even your hate is a pale reflection of what once burned in you. You survive out of habit, monster, and habits ... and minds ... can be broken."

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users