Kid Icarus Uprising

Seems I was late to the party on this Discuss the game here. I finished the game yesterday. Overall, I think it was great throughout, though the ending seemed a bit rushed. What is your best/favorite weapon?

Lately, I was able to obtain an Ore Club with a value of 320 and six stars in both ranged and melee, so that's probably one of my best.

Also, is anyone up for some online matches?

Edited by The Swimming Beard

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Seems I was late to the party on this Discuss the game here. I finished the game yesterday. Overall, I think it was great throughout, though the ending seemed a bit rushed. What is your best/favorite weapon?

Lately, I was able to obtain an Ore Club with a value of 320 and six stars in both ranged and melee, so that's probably one of my best.

Also, is anyone up for some online matches?

This would probably fit better in the Official Video Game discussion topic...

But on the subject: I LOVED the game. I don't think the ending felt particularly rushed. How, in your opinion, might they have extended it? I thought it was a solid game, and I'd love to see either a sequel or an HD remake on the Wii U (which would make it easier to appreciate the gorgeous levels as well as offer a dual-stick option for folks who complained about that).

My best weapon is a set of Pandora Claws with a high ranking (I forget what, but it's definitely >300). They've got an amazing forward-dash charge shot, as well as creating a formidable shield with a backward-dash charge shot. I have higher ranked weapons (as well as better weapon gems from Streetpass), but I love the power, defense and movement speed those provide.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to play online or otherwise since my 3DS had an R button that wouldn't register presses consistently, so I sent it in for repairs. It's already returned to my house but I'm housesitting elsewhere so I probably won't get it until the end of the weekend. But I've had a hankering to get back into the game now that it's fixed, so I might be able to play online!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That game is flipping awesome. I don't think the ending was rushed at all, The Hades fight encompassed two complete levels. I also like how it loves to make fun of itself, and use fourth wall breaks to nice affect.

I still need some better weapons, I've been trying to obtain the Palutena blade and bow, but I can't seem to fulfill the requirements, no matter how fast I push through the levels.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

That game is flipping awesome. I don't think the ending was rushed at all, The Hades fight encompassed two complete levels. I also like how it loves to make fun of itself, and use fourth wall breaks to nice affect.

I still need some better weapons, I've been trying to obtain the Palutena blade and bow, but I can't seem to fulfill the requirements, no matter how fast I push through the levels.

Yeah, the Hades fight was good. What I eeally meant was that

Viridi was basicqlly ignored as an enemy after the aurum arc, despite still evidently having a goal of exterminating humans.

Still, it didn't really detract any; The game was still awesome.

And he 4th wall breakings were cool too. The one about metroids was particularly amusing.

Edited by The Swimming Beard

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I never finished it honestly. I liked the game that I played, but I found the controls incredibly unintuitive and actually quite painful to use given enough time. It was like playing Burnout on the original Xbox with the super fat original controller, except somehow worse. You know you're doing something wrong when your game is so difficult to play that you require a custom base stand to do it without getting carpal tunnel syndrome. And this is on a PORTABLE console. We're getting into VirtualBoy territory now. It felt like I was playing a third person Metroid Prime Hunters or Bionicle Heroes DS.

Don't get me wrong, I WANTED to like it, but the game itself was fighting against the structure of the human hand and just wouldn't let me, so I ultimately ended up taking it back after like.. the third world. Maybe when there's a 3DS emulator, or Virtual Console service in the far off future where it doesn't take a contortionist to play it, I'll give it another shot, but not today. :P

BZP2024.jpg

Admin of Mask Of Destiny. Founder of The Beaverhouse, Litestone, & 810NICLE Day.

The game is pretty addictive. It's got dialogue that obliterates the 4th wall, fast paced gameplay, and (mostly) likeable characters. I still have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to weapon fusion :P so some of my weapons are rather sub par but they usually get the job done.

Also, I'm attempting to complete Chapter 13 on 9.0 but I always keep getting finished on the Dark Pit fight. Does anyone know how to beat him safely? I want to be able to complete it with a Palm so I can also get the treasure hunt achievement.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Yeah, the Hades fight was good. What I eeally meant was that

Viridi was basicqlly ignored as an enemy after the aurum arc, despite still evidently having a goal of exterminating humans.

Still, it didn't really detract any; The game was still awesome.

And he 4th wall breakings were cool too. The one about metroids was particularly amusing.

Pretty glad Viridi was sidelined, actually. It allows more room for her to return as an antagonist in a sequel.

Anyway, got my 3DS back! So to clarify about my weapon of choice:

Pandora Claws

Ranged: 6 stars

Melee: 3.5 stars

Value: 325

Knockback defense +1

Shot homing +1

Backward-dash charge shot +1

Dash continuous fire +4

Melee dash attack +1

In-peril autododge +1

So yeah, pretty sweet.

I've started replaying the levels in order just to re-experience the story and get used to the controls again. Not really planning on trying the highest difficulties yet, even though I've still got a fair number of treasure hunt goals to meet (four in Palutena's, 18 in Viridi's, and 52 in Hades's).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 4 weeks later...

The game is pretty addictive. It's got dialogue that obliterates the 4th wall, fast paced gameplay, and (mostly) likeable characters. I still have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to weapon fusion :P so some of my weapons are rather sub par but they usually get the job done.

Also, I'm attempting to complete Chapter 13 on 9.0 but I always keep getting finished on the Dark Pit fight. Does anyone know how to beat him safely? I want to be able to complete it with a Palm so I can also get the treasure hunt achievement.

Energy Charge or Trade-off might help. I'm not sure, though, it's just what I've heard.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Totally not bothered by the Viridi thing, because, as stated above, it leaves room for a sequel (or maybe DLC?)

I thought the game was awesome, really fun to play and really funny. At the same time, the story itself was actually kind of interesting, and the characters were great, as long as you didn't take them too seriously.

One of those games I'm working to 100% complete. Have every idol, thanks to the AR cards being online, and I'm almost done Palutena's and Viridi's Treasure Hunts (though I've barely made a dent in Hades's!)

I had a ton of weapons, but I just ground them all up except 4 to buy some 6R/1M raptor claws with great mods. NOt that great in itself, but I hope to fuse it into something great.

Also, anyone up for a 1 on 1?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET