Toys 'R' Us BOGO Sale

From today through next Saturday, July 19th, Toys 'R' Us is having a Buy-One-Get-One 40% Off sale on all LEGO Star Wars, The Hobbit (and Lord of the Rings), Super Heroes, Legends of Chima, and Disney Princess sets. One set to consider is the LEGO Chima Combo Pack which includes Laval's Royal Fighter and Worriz's Combat Lair for only $60! The offer is good online and in stores, so get shopping!

View the full article

That Combo Pack price is INSANE. The Combat Lair on its own was worth more than that new, and having it I can confirm that it was a good value back then. I would encourage anyone and everyone who has $60 to burn on Lego to consider that amazing deal. If I didn't already have one of those sets, you can be sure I would.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

How does Toys R Us decide which set gets the 40% treatment?

The same way most sales are determined. It's a combination of which sets they need to clear out most and which ones are popular and likely to get peoples' feet in the door. Chima likely falls into both categories—it's a popular theme but there's also probably plenty of overstock from last year. As for The Hobbit, the primary reason is likely to clear room for the much-awaited wave of sets from the next movie, which will feature Smaug.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother