Humanized Hahli & Jaller

Ga-Koro Pride

tumblr_n8ksc8rj7I1rwqcbeo1_1280.png

Here is my interpretation of THIS SCENE in the Mask of Light movie. I love making my own interpretations of characters! I originally posted this on Deviantart and Tumblr but there's not a whole lot of Bionicle fans there, so I thought I would share it with you all! I tried to incorporate each character's original design, mask and colors. 

I always pictured Jaller as having dirty blonde hair. He keeps it short because it's a requirement in Ta-Koro's guard. His necklace has the fire emblem and his shoulder armor has the Unity, Duty, Destiny symbol. 

For Hahli, I wanted to incorporate the greenery of Ga-Koro into her outfit. Here she is wearing a traditional Ga-Matoran dress because she is proudly representing Ga-Koro in the Kohlii tournament in Ta-Koro. Her face paint and high cheekbones resemble her Kanohi mask, and the designs on her dress are similar to the ones on the gate at Ga-Koro's entrance. I always pictured her as petite and spunky with choppy hair, with dark skin like a Pacific Islander.

I really like how Vakama's design turned out. He's not your typical wise old guru. I feel like he was always the Turaga who you could always immediately sense that he went on many adventures in life, hence the beard and stylish ponytail. 

And lastly, Takua, my favorite! I'll have to do more of him! I wanted to make him look young and adventurous, with crazy wild hair!

This is also on Deviantart and Tumblr

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Wow, this is very nice.  I really like the design for Hahli and Jaller, and their facial expressions do a great job of capturing their personalities and emotions during the scene.  But for some reason I also really like Vakama and Takua in the background.  Takue totally has the look of the slacking, free spirited adventurer.  Nicely done, and thanks for posting this on BZPower; hope to see more!  :D

:music:

• Upvote 1

Man, I really do love this. You captured the personality of the characters extremely well, with an original interpretation. Hahli especially is unique. The "Pacific islander" look is different than what I originally imagined her to be, but absolutely amazing and believable, not the least because you captured her confident, competitive, and yet teasing personality from the scene. All the details and symbols give great connection to the original BIONICLE inspiration.

Vakama, Takua, and Pewku make for some fun additions in the background too. It wasn't hard to identify any of them.

The only flaw here that really bothers me is Hahli's hand, which seems a little small. But that is small compared to how great you made those characters.

EDIT:

Nicely done, and thanks for posting this on BZPower; hope to see more!   :D

^^What this guys said. I really would like to see your interpretations of other characters.

Edited by V-N
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Thank you so much! I definitely want to do more art like this. Especially Takua.

Wow, this is very nice.  I really like the design for Hahli and Jaller, and their facial expressions do a great job of capturing their personalities and emotions during the scene.  But for some reason I also really like Vakama and Takua in the background.  Takue totally has the look of the slacking, free spirited adventurer.  Nicely done, and thanks for posting this on BZPower; hope to see more!  :D

:music:

Man, I really do love this. You captured the personality of the characters extremely well, with an original interpretation. Hahli especially is unique. The "Pacific islander" look is different than what I originally imagined her to be, but absolutely amazing and believable, not the least because you captured her confident, competitive, and yet teasing personality from the scene. All the details and symbols give great connection to the original BIONICLE inspiration.

Vakama, Takua, and Pewku make for some fun additions in the background too. It wasn't hard to identify any of them.

The only flaw here that really bothers me is Hahli's hand, which seems a little small. But that is small compared to how great you made those characters.

EDIT:

Nicely done, and thanks for posting this on BZPower; hope to see more!   :D

^^What this guys said. I really would like to see your interpretations of other characters.

Thanks so much! I really wanted to capture their emotions and expressions in this scene. I'm trying to refresh myself on as much backstory as possible, like the holistic story of each character, because I think it is necessary for their designs.

And HANDS AAAHHKODFNSIDF:ODILJF the hardest things to draw ever! I think I made her arm a little too short as well, and thank God I didn't have to draw her other hand, haha! I really want to take a life drawing class where I can practice hands!

And stay tuned for more art!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

The outfits are wonderful, , and Takua's curiousity is the cherry on top. I adore this <3

Thank you so much! :)

This is a lovely rendition of the characters in human form. The costumes are astounding as well. This is perfect on so many levels.

Your art style is very solid as well--it's unique, enjoyable to my eyes, and gets the subjects across rather well.

Wonderful job. Thanks very much for sharing.

It looks kind of like the Last Airbender cast.

Yeah, that.

It's cool how you managed to perfectly capture that scene without even having to draw the whole surroundings, instead focusing the characters. The clothes make sense and the expressions are spot on. Gotta love Takua.

banner1.png

So amazing! Hahli and Vakama are my favourites here, but you've done all the characters well (even Pewku's expression is brilliant!). Vakama's beard is just like the droopy thing on his mask. Looks great! I wonder what Makuta and the Toa would look like in your style.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

The style is similar to Avatar, which is pretty neat and the coloring is outstanding. You did a great job on this artwork. The only thing I would say is add shadows next time underneath the characters to give it the effect that they are standing on ground instead of floating. Overall good job!

-Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

Considering that the early years of Bionicle were meant to somewhat reflect Polynesian culture, I think that having at least one of these characters be a Pacific Islander actually makes a lot of sense. It also kind of makes me wonder what you have in mind for the other villages.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.