Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted on here, but now I'm back with a theory about Kraata formation. This theory will explain the different processes the Makuta used to create Kraata, but first we need to establish some facts.

1.) We know that before the Makuta evolved from biomechanical antidermis to gas/energy antidermis that they could produce Kraata, but the process was "lengthy and yielded weak kraata" (BS01).

2.) After their evolution "the Makuta found that they could create superior Kraata and in much less time, though creation of the slugs would weaken them for a short period of time" (BS01).

3.) "Antidermis can regenerate even if parts of it disperse or are destroyed, but not quickly enough to survive outside a container" (BS01).

I think that before their evolution the Makuta would grow the Kraata from an exposed area of their tissue, willing that tissue to bud off from itself and form the slug. This growth process would take time and be fraught with errors (imagine scar tissue growth in humans) explaining the "lengthy" and "inferior" aspects of the process. This growth would most likely occur in a specially shapeshifted area of the Makuta's armour, such as the various Rahkshi spines on Teridax's Shadow Titan form, in order to protect the growing Kraata.

After their evolution this process became more streamlined. Doing away with the exposed area within a growth chamber the Makuta would simply allow some of their essence to leak from their armour. Once a sufficient amount had leaked they simply willed it into solid form, creating a Kraata. This would be a much quicker way of creating Kraata. Also by creating its entire body at once, it would contain fewer errors and so be a superior specimen. Additionally, as the Makuta in question used up some of their Antidermis to create the Kraata they will need time for it to regenerate itself, explaining why they are weakened for a short time after creating Kraata.

So what of you think? Any problems, comments or suggestions?

:kakamanu: :t: :m_p: :n: :kakamanu:

• Upvote 3

Banner.jpeg

Actually, it's canon that Kraata come from Makuta's essence. Check out their BS01 article for more information.

The theory makes a lot of sense. I can't believe I haven't heard it before. I can't even imagine it any other way.

• Upvote 2

Well in MoL Makuta basically reaches inside of himself and pulls 3 Kraata fully formed out, so it appears to be a very quick process and he can at least make three at a time, and it seems they form their shape inside his armor then he's able to alter his density and pull them out. :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5