Your Favorite Bionicle Movie and why?

Title is self explanatory, what is you favorite bionicle movie and why?

My personal favorite is The Web Of Shadows because that has a lot of memories for me for some reason and i really liked the Toa Hordika and Visorak

Edited by randomreviewerbros

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

mask of light. It was great seeing mata nui and the story didn't feel forced. Sometimes it felt a bit cheesy but that was OK.

LoMN and web of shadows were good

TLR was painfull to watch

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

LoMN because I believe the story is more epic since you have the new heroes struggling to understand their powers and their reason to be, you can identify more with the Toa Metru than with the Toa Nuva because the Metru had to learn how to be Toa, the Nuva always knew it, the Metru made mistakes in their way and had to learn the hard way that being a hero is a great responsibility, but they could prove their worth and saved the Matoran in the end opening up the gates to all the upcoming Bionicle year’s storylines. The music in this installment has the best soundtracks of the original trilogy in my opinion; it made me feel sad, ready for action, part of a greater adventure and part of a more legendary tale.

While in MoL the focus was more on elemental powers this time it was on Mask powers which also contribute to the identity of the character.

Makuta sort of wins in this movie because he put the Matoran to sleep which erased their memories, he also caused the Great Cataclysm, killed Lhikan and forced the Toa to flee to another land away from one of the most important island there is. Although looking at the numbers, MoL was more financially successful than LoMN probably due to the hype of being the first movie released, but that doesn’t mean it’s better in comparison, but well this is just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Web of Shadows.

I liked the darker feel that it had compared to the two previous movies. The scenes with Vakama and Roodaka were good, as well as the final fight between the Toa Hordika and Visorak. I also like stories that have a tragic feel to him, and having Vakama joined Roodaka's side was kind of a tragedy. 

I did enjoy the others, but not as much as this one.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui

Just a really well-written story, with lots of character development for Vakama, excellent foreshadowing, and a conclusion that went a long way to explaining how things ended up the way they were on Mata Nui. Besides all that, it was just a thrilling story, with the Toa on the run from the state; they were basically fugitives trying to help their city before it was too late, and the most interesting thing is that they actually did fail to stop Teridax from putting all the Matoran to sleep, so yeah....

I love all the movies, but the second one is the best, easily.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

The Legend Reborn Legends of Metru Nui because overall I really enjoyed 2004's story and I thought the movie did it excellent justice. I also really enjoyed MoL but feel LoMN is better. As for WoS, I have it about on par with LoMN but it annoys me that it causes problems with the rest of the comic's canon and the canon of the novelization itself. I like TLR but it would've been better as part of an episode of a TV series. The other movies, even though they were part of a movie, each had closure for their particular story. TLR was supposed to open a new trilogy but even if a new trilogy had been made, it felt rushed in certain places like the Tuma fight.

All were good.

1. Mask of Light - I just like the environment, it has a great adventure feeling to it. The environments aren't bland and boring like in LoMN.

2. The Legend Reborn - I liked it ok... I liked the part in the beginning where Mata Nui rises and destroys the island of Mata Nui and how he launches the Ignika into space. I know there is an animation for it already but I liked this version better.

3. Web of Shadows - Just cause' I owned a couple Hordika sets.

4. Legends of Metru Nui - Pretty good just that I didn't like how bland the environments looked. The sky looked sorta unnatural compared to Mask of Light, well they were in the Mata Nui robot so I guess thats intentional?

I'll probably start tons of arguments because of this list. 

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

LoMN. In my opinion, it holds a better cast of characters, has a great big mystery surrounding it, and it takes place in a gigantic city with danger around every corner. What else can you say other than exciting? Besides, who can deny the character development that goes on in there?

mindeth the cobwebs

I enjoyed LoMN the most on a recent rewatch, mostly due to the music. I especially liked the score during Lhikan's death, as well as the Toa Metru transforming into Turaga.

"You are what you dare."

-Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting

Mask of Light. Sure, there were a few things in it that didn't add up (why is no one using their mask powers?!) and my favorite Toa's personality was completely changed, ("Ooh, Pohatu! Mining has never been betterrrr hehehehHUHUH!) but I feel that that movie captured the spirit of Bionicle better than the other two did.

That fourth movie never happened. -_-

Onuarock.PNG

I'm sure some people are going to hate me for saying this, but my fave was definitely The Legend Reborn. After so long without there being any sort of movie, it was a nice change of pace. It was different, and that's what I liked about it. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Honestly, Legend Reborn was bitter sweet. The cliffhanger ending was a bummer, but I really felt that everything else was pretty awesome. Despite its shortcomings, it looks amazing as far as I'm concerned. I love the world of Bara Manga and my favorite part about it was that the characters on screen ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE THE SETS to a close degree. That alone probably makes it my favorite, with Mask of Light a close second.

• Upvote 1

When I first saw Mask of Light, I remember most vividly Tahu surfing on lava and I thought to myself, "That is the coolest thing EVER!"

And then Legend of Metru Nui rolled around, and I saw Lhikan using his swords to essentially surf on air, and that then took place in my mind as waaay cooler.

And then Web of Shadows came, and my favorite part of that movie was the Visorak. They had Rhotuka and they were spidery with sharp, evil features and cool names.

And then... the Legend Reborn. *Snore*.

So altogether I think that the Legend of Metru Nui is my favorite of all of them.  It's  got a pretty solid plot line, the coolness of Lhikan, and a voice that wasn't Lewa for that year's Toa of Air. 

Edited by MetaToa

Yay! Fonts!!

Mask of Light. Sure, there were a few things in it that didn't add up (why is no one using their mask powers?!) and my favorite Toa's personality was completely changed, ("Ooh, Pohatu! Mining has never been betterrrr hehehehHUHUH!) but I feel that that movie captured the spirit of Bionicle better than the other two did.

That fourth movie never happened. -_-

Ugh, man, you are so on point. Most of of the Toa annoyed me in MoL but Onua was probably the most unsettling.v_v  Pohatu and Lewa lacked their usual depth (well all the Toa did, but they suffered in particular I think), Tahu was reduced to a dramatic little fireball of rage...Kopaka was cool.  Kopaka's always cool. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about MoL Gali. I guess she was okay, but I don't love that version.

MoL was exciting when it came out cause OMG BIONICLE MOVIE buuut. Once LoMn came out there was never any going back for me.  The Toa Metru and their era were sort of a heyday for me and I have a lot of love and nostalgia for them and the movie by extension.  The environment of Metru Nui was exciting, the graphics had improved since MoL, the characters were fun and relatable, and well, the music is great.  WoS was okay, but whenever I watch it I mostly spend the whole time being annoyed with Vakama and wondering what happened to all his character development in LoMN.  I guess it's reasonable that his character could go in that direction after he gains confidence and continues into overconfidence, but the U-turn from self-deprecating, I'm-not-a-real-Toa Vakama was too sudden and violent for me.  Plus most of the rest of the Metru team got shunted to the side in favor of Vakama's angst party slash tango with the dark side.

Roodaka is the best part of WoS and its main redeeming feature for me; she's such a great villain and her VA is delightful.  I do agree that her interaction with Vakama is interesting, though if Vakama's conflict had been more believable, it'd be more compelling.  I dunno, it just didn't fit with the events re: the novels, as mentioned by others.

I would have to watch Legend Reborn again to fairly compare it to the others, just cause I've rewatched the others recently but not TLR.  At the time, though, I found it pretty cringeworthy.  It has its good moments, of course, but I honestly can't come up with any of them right now.>_>

• Upvote 1
aang0tt.png

I personally liked the legend reborn because of the high definition graphics (the models have textures) and the compelling storyline. It was also cool to see the different places on bara magna and all the pieces of the other robot.

But I like all the movies too, mask of light :)

Edited by Ras
  • Upvote 1

I really enjoyed the 2nd one because Mask of Light has annoying voice actors and the Toa Metru just felt...right in that movie. I mean honestly none of the movies are good in any sense but the 2nd one is definitely the best. And I will say 2nd best is probably the one with the Agori and Mata Nui, though I didn't know much about the story to begin with, it seemed to have summed up some stuff pretty nicely.