BBC Contest History

yeah, I know the rules. this will get closed. I used to come here all the time waaaaay back and I'm feeling nostalgic so here I am.

I remember a couple years ago when the forums shut down and they switched to this system, a new start, so all the old topics aren't here, but they're somewhere, right? Like wasn't there a forum archives or something, a link to the old forum with all the old stuff?

anyway, what I'm looking for is the old "BBC Contest History" topic, with results of all the past contests, etc. And while we're at it, it's really too bad there isn't a new one, it'd be neat to see all the contests I missed the last few years

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

This would be better suited in the Q&A forum.

As for the question, you could always check online archives, such as archive.org, if you know the general date the BBC Contest History topic was posted. Alternatively, you could post a tracker suggestion requesting that such a topic be compiled.

-Rez

Edited by Reznas

The archive of old BZP was deleted for various reasons, including for presenting a security risk with its older software. You can search for specific topics in the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, which has a number of backups of many threads spread over various years. The oldest version of the old BBC Contest History thread archived there is from 2008, visible here. It only has contests 1-50 listed, with 51-60 or so lost (as I believe 61 was the first contest on the new forums). In terms of a new contest history topic, see this blog entry, where Tufi mentions planning working on that shortly (this month in fact).

~B~

Edited by Ballom

I still would like to have the BBCC History topic back at some point, but with the loss of the archives, that could range from tricky to outright impossible.

Question answered, topic fed to an ostrich.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg