• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Comic Con Exclusive Set Revealed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 1,455 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2014 - 05:43 PM

The Wallstreet Journal has broken the news about the exclusive set LEGO will be selling at San Diego Comic Con next week. Rocket's Warbird comes from the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie and features Rocket Raccoon because he's awesome. The set contains 145 pieces and will sell for $39.99, which may seem like a lot but isn't too bad for such a limited edition set. If you're going to the event, do your best to get one!

View the full article

#2 Online Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,316 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 16 2014 - 08:08 PM

Because an extra hour in the ball pit just wasn't enough.

Posted Image

#3 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 08-July 03
  • 3,952 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 16 2014 - 08:18 PM

... I suppose there is an audience out there for something like this, but I can't see myself ever paying $39.99 for a set that small. Nor is the exclusive minifigure worth it.

Posted Image

BZPRPG Profiles

#4 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 25-May 09
  • 1,562 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2014 - 10:25 PM

It's only $20-$25 overpriced. Not bad. :P

Seriously though, as much as I love the design for the Guardians of the Galaxy sets (including this one), that's a ridiculous move by Lego. $20 might raise some eyebrows, $30 might even be reasonable, but $40? I can't believe many people will buy it (yet there will be those with plenty of spending money and a whole lot of hype that will).

~click.gif

14931368843_5d9241e78e.jpg

Rahkshi Corpus ProfilesBZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#5 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,547 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 17 2014 - 10:06 AM

It's only $20-$25 overpriced. Not bad. :P

Seriously though, as much as I love the design for the Guardians of the Galaxy sets (including this one), that's a ridiculous move by Lego. $20 might raise some eyebrows, $30 might even be reasonable, but $40? I can't believe many people will buy it (yet there will be those with plenty of spending money and a whole lot of hype that will).

Previous Comic-Con exclusive sets like this, this, and this have always been the same price, and some of them had even fewer sets (to be fair, the smallest of these, the Sith Infiltrator, came in a metal tin). If the LEGO Group has not had a problem selling those sets, then they shouldn't have any problems with this one, especially since this is the first one with an exclusive minifigure.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users