Which Hero Factory set did you purchase or obtain first?

Got the entire first wave along with Von Nebula, Meltdown, Corroder, and XPlode right as they went on a big sale. Built Furno first, though, so I guess you could technically call that my first HF set.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

My first Hero was Stormer 1.0.

I'll let it be known that I follow ZERO of the plot for Hero Factory, I just collect(ed) the sets based on their appearance alone. I thought Stormer looked the coolest and heard he was the leader of the group. Naturally, he immediately became an Optimus Prime-like character in my head, so I got 'em first. I have no idea how accurate that description is to his official persona, but I don't really care. It wasn't until Stormer XL, though, that all my dreams came true and he became full 'leader of the Autobots' status. 

I'd like to say that I bought Bulk and Von Nebula at the same time, but I might be mistaken about that. It naturally didn't make as much of an impression on me as getting my first Bionicle sets.

~B~

Same thing goes for me, I'm not as exicted when getting a Hero Factory set in hand compared to getting a Bionicle set. Hopefully in another five months, I'll relive the exciting feeling of holding a Bionicle set in hand. 

Just saying, if BIONICLE does come back, it will more than likely use the HF building style.

I like the HF building system, but having figures that play big roles in fantastic and original stories made me excited, so I'm not worried about that.

I got Bulk because I thought he was the new Pohatu, followed closely by Corroder since he had a really cool head. Later that year, I got Mark Surge because he had lightning weapons- something main Bionicle sets never had. Surge is my favorite, but Bulk is in second.

Who is the "new Pohatu" really?

• 2 weeks later...

My first HF sets were Breakout Rocka, Breez, and Stringer. I think that I finished Stringer first since he had less pieces, but I honestly don't remember because those were the first Lego sets that I had actually physically bought in the store since Axonn and Brutaka and I was so excited over them and the new building system that I think I was multi-tasking all three of their builds at once...

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Thornraxx - saw he was $6.78 on sale at TRU or Target - couldn't resist.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 2 weeks later...

Drilldozer for me, Raw-jaw for my bro. We got them at a dodgy rest stop en route to a beach resort on the north coast of Egypt. They were genuine Lego though, even though past experiences with this particular location hadn't been the greatest.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually have a few of these now as side-effects of my many large Bionicle purchases! I got Von Nubula first as he was in a huge lot I got from ebay and just recently I got Preston Stormer in a smaller bundle along with parts of a few others but not enough to build with... 

I've always been very anti-HF but now I have a few I'm starting to quite like the look of it so I keep my eyes open for it now when I'm busy buying Bionicle :P

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Cool topic. I got the Hero Factory info in the LEGO Club magazine, and it looked interesting, but I wasn't impressed with the toys. The Hero Recon Team looked cool, but I didn't jump on it, even though I made some models online (biggest Hero Factory regret!) Then I saw some reviews of the Breakout series by JangBricks (formerly known as Lego Jang). Those videos really impressed me, and I had my heart set on Black Phantom. Unfortunately, he was sold out when I went to the store, so I bought Breakout Furno instead. I liked him so much I went out and bought Jawblade the next week. It wasn't long before I found Black Phantom, and I've been collecting Hero Factory ever since.

P.S. For Christmas last year a neighbor kid really wanted Black Phantom, but the set was going for $100+ on eBay and other places, so his grandparents couldn't buy it for him. I decided to give him my Black Phantom. It was a tough decision, but I felt good about it...until my son asked why I gave our Black Phantom away. Woops. He was so little I didn't even know he knew who Black Phantom was, but apparently he REALLY liked him. Fortunately, I found a used one 6 months later that was missing some pieces, bought the remaining pieces off Bricklink, and have Black Phantom once again. He is a great villain!

I think the very first set I got was also Stormer, followed by Breez, Bulk and Thunder from nearby charity shops.

Those were the last HF sets I got until this weekend, where I managed to get Black Phantom for £2 (my very first CCBS set too :P )

Edited by Ayliffe

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the original Preston Stormer was the first set I bought. I actually ended up buying the entire first wave, except for the dropship and that blue villain (with the conflict-in-the-box).

All of the first wave villains were pretty great.

Edited by Dark Blue

IetTsFQ.png

I found some in a bag of Lego I found. However I bought Voltix first.

Edited by -The Doctor-

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.