Two Cool LEGO-related Kickstarters

BZPower is no stranger to crowdfunding, and neither is the LEGO fan community at large. Two new projects have recently appeared on Kickstarter that AFOLs will be interested in. The first is SBrick, a Bluetooth-powered intelligent brick that you can use to bring your LEGO creations to life and control them from your iOS, Android, or Windows phone. There's also Brick-A-Pic, a service to turn any image you desire into a LEGO mosaic and have the parts and instructions delivered to your door. They look like some great additions to the LEGO ecosystem and I wish them both good luck!

View the full article

Anyone remember the mosaic service that LEGO offered a really long time ago? I can't help but wonder how Bric-a-Pic will compare to that. Presumably better given they have a few more years of software development to make their mosaic layouts, and they probably can make mosaics of a wider size variety.

Personally I can't see myself using either of these services, but good luck to them nevertheless!

BZPRPG

Personally, I would love a new, friendlier mosaic generating program. However, based on their projects description, they're doing everything back end and just send you the results (and I guess somewhere let you make a few tweaks). In the end, I think this is aimed at people who just want a cool mosaic without putting any effort into it themselves. I would want the software, but it doesn't sound like they're planning to release that. :(

:music: