Why Ghost/Advance instead of Tinseltown Toons?

Hi, guys.:) We know that the first ten Hero Factory TV Episodes were made by Tinseltown Toons. Later, the eleventh episode, Invasion From Below, was made by Ghost/Advance.

I wonder why Lego switched Tinseltown Toons with Ghost/Advance? Well, I can think up several possible reasons why they did that, and they are:

1. Lego's contract or dealership with TT (Tinseltown Toons) is over.

2. TT is probably busy focusing on other things.

3. Lego had probably gave their fans surveys to ask them what they think of the Hero Factory TV series, so the fans probably said that they did not like the TT animation much.

4. The voice actors that played the characters from the first ten episodes are probably focusing in other things. For example, Tom Kenny (who voiced Rocka, one of the main protagonists in the TV series) is busy voicing in other stuff, such as the Ice King from Adventure Time, SpongeBob Squarepants from the SpongeBob Squarepants TV series, and possibly some of the Mixels (Flain, Telso, Seismo, Jawg, and Balk) in the Mixels TV shorts (the shorts never credited the voice actors in them, but I can make a guess). I don't mean to get off topic here.

5. G/A (Ghost/Advance) is preferred over TT.

Therefore, there are my possible reasons why Lego replaced TT with G/A. So, what do you guys think of this?

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

You're right, there are a number of possible reasons for the change in studios. I don't know if we'll ever be able to isolate what the specific reasons were. Not that I think the change was all that negative. While there were some definite story issues with Invasion from Below, the animation quality was stellar through and through.

And it is good to see the LEGO Group's relationship with Ghost VFX evolve. Back in the day, the largest project they collaborated on was this three-minute mini movie, so seeing them tackle a full 22-minute episode was quite a step up. Hopefully they will continue to collaborate on future projects, but with greater care taken in terms of storytelling.

• Upvote 2

Considering the HF episodes are released at a rate of one or two a year, with each being about 22 minutes long, unless a sizable chunk of the voice actors suddenly got swamped with jobs to do. both adventure time and spongebob were already in the picture during the previous episodes.

If I had to take a shot at isolating a possible main reason for the changes in IFB from previous episodes, I'd say it's one of budget. I can't say for SURE that Ghost/Advance is cheaper than Tinseltown Toons, but I can say for sure that only having three small-name voice actors voicing the whole cast is cheaper than the cast they had before, and I can say that LEGO put a lot of resources into the LEGO movie. It could also be the end of their contract, or maybe it's a sign HF is on its last legs, or maybe even a sign that Threshold Animation Studios is putting all its efforts into the much-anticipated Foodfight! 2. But if I had to guess, it would be most likely budget constraints, and possibly also a desire to have it better blend with the game it was released with.

• Upvote 3